JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Add connector to Radioshack 15-2103 (newbie question)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hwiggers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Add connector to Radioshack 15-2103 (newbie question) Reply with quote

I have a 15-2103 which I would love to hack. It does not come with aJP1 connector. Nor can I find instructions on how to add one. I opened the box and find holes for an 8 pin device bit no holes that could be for a 6 pin connector. Yet it is mentioned that this remote can be used. Anyone willing to give me instructions on how to add a connector to this device would make it straight onto my "good guy (gal) list" Wink
Cheers, Hans Wiggers
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2103 can be made into a JP1 remote, but I think it's more trouble than it's worth. There is no room for the 6 pin connector and you need to cut traces on the circuit board in order to wire up some sort of external connector.

Here's a file with some instructions on what's required. There might be photos and other info over in the old JP1 Yahoo group.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: