JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Almost there Newbie needs help Comcast remote/Olevia TV

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rkkfromnj

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Almost there Newbie needs help Comcast remote/Olevia TV Reply with quote

1. Device:Olevia 237T
2. Type of device:LCD
3. Year:2007
4. JP1/UEI Remote model:comcast dvr 1067bx3 jp1.3
5. Do you have a JP1 cable?yes purchased jp1.x
6. Still have original remote?yes
7. Checked the file section?yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)?
9. Partially working setup code?Yes
10. Learning remote question?

have ir working and reconized the comcast remote. All I need is for my comcast remote to turn on/off tv and control volume.

thanks in advance.

I saw that someone else had a similar config and was able to use this file

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4433

I used RM to open this RMDU file and also used the following RDF file for my remote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4714

When doing so I get a lost function assignments message in RM with the first 2 functions lost being vol up and vol down

As I said earlier Volume up and Volume down are the only 2 real TV functions that I need the remote to take care of. So when I go into the Button and Layout panels I get the following:

Buttons: Vol + and Vol – come up in red and are not assignable
Layout: nothing appears when I click for this panel

I have tried taking this output as is and copying into IR and loading into my remote but have no success in raising or lowering TV volume.

I know I must be doing something very stupid as I appear to be just about there. Wife is getting a bit crabby as I am spending way too much time in trying to figure this out and keep interrupting her TV viewing to test my unsuccessful results.
[/img]
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lost function in RM just means it did not get automatically assigned to a button when you switched the remote type to your remote.

Just go to the layout tab and assign the functions to the buttons and you should be good to go.
Evan_s

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to make that a bit clearer since this sounds like it's your first time doing an upgrade.

On the buttons tab click in the function column next to the volume and then double click the button on the right for volume.

The layout tab is similar except to click on the button on the picture of the remote and then double click the button on the right for volume.

Can do it on either tab which ever one make sense to you. Once thats done it should be assigned.

The reason it probably failed to automatically assign it is the buttons are named slightly differently between the 2 rdfs. EG Vol in one and Volume on the other.
rkkfromnj

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Both of you works great. As I thought it was just something stupid on my part! Surprised
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: