JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New radio shack remote; 15-135
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sidiko

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recorded a macro and ran it, but it executes the sequence too fast, the device can't keep up. Can you slow down a macro?
kupakai

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sidiko wrote:
CANNOT PAUSE RECORD. CAN'T EVEN STOP RECORD ONCE BEGUN WITH THE -135. But, maybe a shift operation involved? I see 2 keys that look like dual use, but nothing in the manual about it!

Try using these advanced codes to program those two functions if you are using either 20533 or 21533:

record pause = 00177
record stop = 00175

The procedure for programming in advanced codes is:
1. Press and release the device key you want the programing in (DVD)
2. Press and hold SETUP until the remote blinks twice
3. Type 994
4. Press and release SETUP
5. Type the advanced code (ie 00177 for record pause)
6. Press and release the key you want the function to be on
The remote should blink twice.

EDIT: I just looked at a picture of the 15-135 and the SETUP button is labeled "P" on this remote (the top right button), just in case that wasn't clear.

Last edited by kupakai on Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sidiko wrote:
Can you slow down a macro?

You can either rearrange your macro a bit or add bogus commands to it. If, for example, you have a macro like this: "TV, Power, Input1, CBL, Power", and your TV misses Input1, move that bit to the end: "TV, Power, CBL, Power, TV, Input1, CBL". If that's not slow enough, try adding bogus commands you know won't have any effect: "TV, Power, CBL, Power, TV, Down, Down, Down, Down, Input1, CBL". Keep adding commands as needed up to a max of 15 total steps.

When you get your cable, there's a pause protocol you may be able to add, but I haven't tried it myself. See THIS thread. Skip the parts about extenders. There isn't one for the 135.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pause Protocol works fine. Just create an upgrade in KM or RM and select the Pause protocol - the Help and Notes walk you through how to create a keymove to insert a specific-duration pause.

I don't know whether or not the 135 accepts wav upgrades, but if it does, then you wouldn't even need a cable to upload the upgrade and keymoves.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
mattg568

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sidiko wrote:
mattg568, what was up with you trying vickyg? Just fooling around or do you have a Sony GX-330 DVD recorder too?

Vickyg stated that she did not know whether or not that setup code existed in the 15-135. All I did was test and see if the 15-135 would accept the code. It does not have said code in it's library. And I don't have the same DVD player you do. I don't have to have it to see if the 15-135 could control it or not with the 15-135. That setup code does not exist in the 15-135.
sidiko

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And I don't have the same DVD player you do. I don't have to have it to see if the 15-135 could control it or not with the 15-135.

mattg568,

What my post should have read was "why the interest in the code vickyg provided'?

I did not intend any criticism of your post. It was very late in the morning. I was just curious. Your explanation was exactly what I thought you were testing. If you DID have the same recorder, then that would have been 3 of us and I thought we could work as team. My aploigies.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone popped the hood on this remote? Is that little plug in the battery compartment some sort of security screw to keep the remote from opening?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind. This is one of the easiest to pop open remotes I've ever opened. I didn't even need my remote opening tool. This remote has no screws. Its held together by side clips. I cut open the area around the JP1.3 connector and was able to connect right up.

Be careful when opening this remote since the IR emitter or whatever its called is snuggly held in the lower case, so when you remove the board from the lower case you need to make sure you don't snap it off.
sidiko

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003,

Sorry for no reply to any of your post. I've been in the hospital with the flu for a week!

I have not even got Tommy paid via paypal for my cable. Need to do that today if I can, but working on taxes,
etc..... So I am still not in JP1 land yet, but due to some ideas for out of the box remotes, forum people have clued me on, I have improved my productivity cranking out movies to my deployed servicemen/women buddies. And they appreciate it so much. Just a small way I can help anymore, even though it can be time consuming recording in "real time" on a set top recorder.

Well, I got a few macros written on the Rad Sk -135. Being able to save fifteen keystrokes (to a macro button) might sound like a lot but I have used a ton of keypresses (and presumably memory) so far to get all of my key presses in. Not to mention, I have "tied" up lots of MACRO keys with NOT TOO much to show for it. (EDIT: Just reviewed a different thread, vickyg talks about "device specific macros." That will help this "problem)".

Plus, you may have read an earlier post, the macros run too fast. A forum member (mdavej, I think) told me to add bogus commands to "slow" down the meaningfull codes. It worked! Albeit, with a lot of trial and error.

But, @ only $5, I can justify that expense just to have the -135 lay around and assist me in a project that wont last a whole lot longer, I hope. What I have done is (Created with HD TV keys I am not using) used 6 keys to erase the first title and rename it "INTRO." I make that generic move on all I record from Direct TV. The title only consist of 5 seconds of a black screen, white text, a couple actors names and 2 sentences about the show. And by default, the first title usually has some leftover text from the previous movie which is completely incorrect and bogus.

Now I need to implement that macro you were telling me about and display the screen, choose the record time and avoid that silly scrolling around looking for the SP, SLP, yea, that junk. Your solution places the recording resolution on the TV screen, which is better than the unit display, as you stated, requires you to get up, walk across the room and note the small, hard to see text.

I will need to get my 223A book out to remember how to get to the screen you are talking about, but I have seen it. It is better too, because I have forgotten to change my record resolution a couple times and only recorded "1/2" of a movie. Your technique would be a better mental prompt to visit that screen and avoid a ruined incomplete DVD.

And I have not implemented the "kupakai" "advanced codes" for record pause, etc..., might tackle that tonight.

Well, I still feel like I am bounching around, reading little bits and pieces of information, here and there (in the forum) to get me ready for the real thing. I guess it is going to be one of those things, I will just have to hunker down with, get the spreadsheet(s) or Javascripts, tools in front of me a DIG IN! Is that pretty much how you learned JP1? By the way, DIDN'T I READ SOMEWHERE IN THE FORUM, that users are free to use a spreadsheet tool -vs- a Java tool now-a-days? In other words, I know the JP1 executable application is a must, but I seemed to recall reading users have "enhanced" some of the very first supporting tools? If this is true, which technique do you use?

Too bad this info is not in a book or nice pdf file to make for easy reading. But I am getting more comforatable finding stuff in the forum, using the searches, the "quote thingy" you explained.

Well, I guess my stay in the hospital gave me too much time to think about JP1. I have enjoyed the posts and appreciate what you guys have done to get me started. Thanks: vickg2003, mdavej, kupakia, capn trips. MANY THANKS!

Last edited by sidiko on Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sidiko, sorry you've been under the weather. Hope you feel better soon. I'm sure by now you found the menu we discussed. Its been so long since I used the original remote that I have no clue what the key is called, but its the same one that gets you to the rename screen. You'll find that you need a pause between key strokes in this macro too.

I use the menu navigation, because the only way I can see the tape speed with the record-mode button is to get up and walk across the room. (You did notice that when you press the record mode button it displays SP [2hr] on the front panel, right?) On the on-screen-info bar it just says SP, HQ, whataever, and that's just not enough information for me. I think Sony should have spelled out 2hr on the screen the way its on the front panel, but they didn't.

I think the Pause button will be very helpful. I use that when I have items that are going to go over 3 hours, otherwise I just let it run and edit out the commercials later. But I find the picture to be unsatisfactory when I use speeds over 3.5 hours.
sidiko

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kupakai,

Could you help me understand where you got these advanced codes from. I did some reading about advanced codes on the "hi-fi" site while the forums were down. I just don't quite know where to find all of the pieces of the puzzle on the site.

kupakai wrote:
Try using these advanced codes to program those two functions if you are using either 20533 or 21533:

record pause = 00177
record stop = 00175

Last nite, I double checked and my DVD recorder device code is 21533. So, my key entry will be 00177 exactly and not something like 21177? I guess I could try your instruction and find out, already huh?

By the way, I got my cable in today! However, I thought I should at least get comfortable with what the remote can do out of the box, first?

Do you recommend the spreadsheet method or the Java method for building upgrades?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll have to use Java for this one. These new remotes haven't been added to KM yet.
kupakai

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sidiko wrote:
kupakai,

Could you help me understand where you got these advanced codes from. I did some reading about advanced codes on the "hi-fi" site while the forums were down. I just don't quite know where to find all of the pieces of the puzzle on the site.

kupakai wrote:

record pause = 00177
record stop = 00175

Last nite, I double checked and my DVD recorder device code is 21533. So, my key entry will be 00177 exactly and not something like 21177? I guess I could try your instruction and find out, already huh?

First thing I do is check what protocol the setup code uses by checking it on Devices.xls. Look for "1533" since that chart lists them in the 4 digit format, but your remote takes the newer 5 digit format. The first digit signifies what type of device it is. The "2" in front of your 5-digit setup code signifies that it is a device type VIDEO/DVD/VCR so look for 1533 under one of those device mode. There might be other "1533" under different device mode, but those are not the correct ones. Then using Remotemaster, set it up using the info you have from Device.xls (in your case, it would be Sony20 protocol with device=26 and subdevice=73). You need to then find the command code, or OBC, for the functions. For Sony devices, you can find most of them here. For "Record Pause" it would be 62, so you enter that in the OBC column in Remotemaster and it will give you the EFC number which is what you enter for the advanced code. Your remote uses 5 digit EFC numbers (not to be confused with 5 digit set up codes), and RM should give you 00177
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Your remote uses 5 digit EFC numbers (not to be confused with 5 digit set up codes), and RM should give you 00177

I think that's exactly the point of confusion. With a long push of the P, you go into programming mode, and you get to change the setup code. With a short push of the P key, followed by 5 digits causes the remote to send out a signal. If you test the signal and it works, you can assign the code to a key with a keymove.
kupakai

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Quote:
Your remote uses 5 digit EFC numbers (not to be confused with 5 digit set up codes), and RM should give you 00177

I think that's exactly the point of confusion. With a long push of the P, you go into programming mode, and you get to change the setup code. With a short push of the P key, followed by 5 digits causes the remote to send out a signal. If you test the signal and it works, you can assign the code to a key with a keymove.

Good point; I forget how those two procedures are similar and can be confusing.

Of course, Sidiko, once you start using the cable and upgrade files, you generally don't have to worry about all this button pressing to program the remote. I would start with trying one of the existing upgrade files for other GX models and changing the setting to your remote and editing the functions and button assignments.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: