JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC 9910 Macro/LKP help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
talktotravis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: URC 9910 Macro/LKP help Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have an extended URC 9910 that I have put together with IR and the simple parallel interface, and so far everything is working great. One thing I still do not understand, and I have read all the readme files and documents in the help section, is how to set up a macro that is executed by a LKP, and how to set up ToadTog for a DVD Player (Philips DVP-3960) that to my knowledge does not have discrete on/off codes.

If someone could point me in the right direction by walking me through these two, I'm sure I could do the other macros I want in a similar way.

Here's an example of what I want to happen:

Upon LKP of the "Home Theater" Key: (I've set the "power" key for all devices to toggle the device, shift-power for discrete on, and x-shift Power for discrete off, except for the DVD which does not have discrete capability).

Send Discrete on (Shift-Power) to Onkyo receiver
Select DVD input on Receiver (3)
Send Discrete on to Panasonic TV (Shift-Power)
Select HDMI 2 on TV (xshift Power)
Send ToadTog? /Power on to DVD Player
Then, execute the Macro already built into the extender to assign all of the keys to the various devices for home theater mode.

I'd build another macro using Shift-Home Theater to turn everything off.

Again, if anyone could walk me through what I need to do, I'd be most appreciative. Here is a link to my current configuration if it helps:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5201

All the best,
Travis
floyd1977

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To maintain the convention you're using, you would want to define three ToadTogs (under the Special Protocol Functions tab in IR) for your DVD player:

DVD power: ToadTog(0, Toggle)
On/Off: Phantom1
Off/On: Phantom1

DVD shift-power: ToadTog(0, ForceOn)
Already On: <blank>
Off/On: Phantom1

DVD Xshift-power: ToadTog(0, ForceOff)
On/Off: Phantom1
Already Off: <blank>

Then, just put the code for the DVD power toggle on the Phantom1 button.

As for the LKP, if you want the home theater key to do the same thing no matter what mode you're in, then program a global macro (Macros tab in IR) with something like:

Home_Theater: DEV_AUD, Phantom1

Then, program your LKP (Special Protocol Functions tab in IR):

RCVR/AMP Phantom1: LKP
Short: <blank>
Long: (your macro sequence)
talktotravis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floyd,

Thanks so much for your response. I did as you said with the ToadTogs, but I'm still confused as to what I should do to put the Phantom 1 key with the DVD power toggle. Should I be doing a keymove? I tried to do that, with DVD, Power as the bound key, and 3D (hex for Phantom 1) as the keymove also on the DVD player, but IR won't let me do it.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travis,

Not sure about other versions, in the latest IR, you should be able to build the toadtog in the special protocols tab, picking power for the bound key and phantom1 for the on/off and off/on keys, as Floyd said. If you don't already have a macro on shift-power, you can just use shift-power in the toadtog instead of phantom1. This technique is called cloaking. The remote won't find shift-power, so it executes power instead, without putting you in an infinite loop. Or you may be able to get by without a toggle by using PLAY as your discrete on (works on some DVD players, not sure about the Philips).

On my 8910 I handle power this way: Each device LKP does source switching and discrete on (i.e., hold DVD key turns on the TV and DVD and sets input on TV to DVD). Power toggles power on active device as it would normally. Power LKP is my master discrete off for everything. That way I don't have to use shifts or xshifts, making it easier for the family to remember.

Hope this helps.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case how to do the ToadTog is still not clear, try this pattern for ToadTog power. This is what you should see when you're making it in IR on the special protocols sheet.
Quote:
VCR, SHIFT-1, ToadTog(1,ForceOn) [Already On]:< Blank > [Off->On]:SHIFT-Power
VCR, SHIFT-0, ToadTog(1,ForceOff) [On->Off]:SHIFT-Power [Already Off]:< Blank >

To test that it works, before you commit yourself to buttons which aren't there (phantoms), use Shift-0 and shift-1 for off and on, respectively.

To elaborate on mdavej's LKP for power description, try these two macros, on the macros sheet and one keymove on the special protocols sheet.
1. Power is the common caller for short and long special protocol
2. M2turns all devices off (do customize M2 as it's for my gear)
Quote:
Power = DEV_AUD;Phantom3

Quote:
M2 = Dev_Cancel;DEV_VCR;SHIFT-0;DEV_DVD;SHIFT-0;DEV_TV;1;2;SHIFT-0;DEV_AUD;SHIFT-0;TV

3. And the LKP special protocol used for all devices
Quote:
RCVR/AMP, Phantom3, LKP(3), [Short]:Dev_Cancel;SHIFT-Power [Long]:Dev_Cancel;M2

In all above, "," and "=" aren't really there, it's just to tell you where the columns are separated. Also, I'm not 100% sure I need Dev_Cancel on the [Long] side, and I'm sure Capn Trips will correct this if needed.
floyd1977

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

talktotravis wrote:
Floyd,

Thanks so much for your response. I did as you said with the ToadTogs, but I'm still confused as to what I should do to put the Phantom 1 key with the DVD power toggle. Should I be doing a keymove? I tried to do that, with DVD, Power as the bound key, and 3D (hex for Phantom 1) as the keymove also on the DVD player, but IR won't let me do it.

Actually, what you need to do is make DVD Phantom1 your bound key, and assign it whatever the EFC/hex is for DVD power toggle on your original remote. You should be able to find out this value by looking for your device in the Upgrade area of the File Section on this site.

You could also use shift-cloaking as suggested by mkdavej. I did not suggest this since you were already intent on using shift-power and xshift-power for discrete on/off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: