JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ellion HDD DVD Combo Recorder (DVR-960E)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike57

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Slingbox Pro Remote control of Ellion HDD DVD Combo Recorder Reply with quote

Hello,

I am a beginner to this time of fiddling with all things electronic… I bought a slingbox pro and connected it to an Ellion DVR recorder so that I could record UK TV and play it back at my normal evening time when I am abroad. But unfortunately the slingbox pro remote control does not fully work and I am having difficulty doing anything useful with the DVR recorder.
If anybody could help point me in the right direction on what to do or how to make my own slingbox virtual remote controller that will work, it’ll be much appreciated.

As per the rules of the forum, I will supply the following info.
Device: Ellion HDD DVD Combo Recorder (DVR-960E). (250GB hard disc)

Type of Device: DVD Recorder

Year: Not sure (I’m guessing 2006/2007)?

JP1/UE1 Remote: I do not have any of these remotes?

JP1 Cable: I do not have a cable.

Original Remote: I have the original remote.

File Section: I have checked the file section and this DVR Recorder does not seem to be listed?

Pronto File Section: Again, I have checked the file section and this DVR Recorder does not seem to be listed?

Partially working setup. The slingbox pro setting that give some partial controls is by going into the DVR selection in the slingbox setup and selecting ‘Others’ and then selecting Code 23. This give me the following controls?

Pressing button. Function
0 - Goes DOWN through the TV programs.
8 - Selects which onput. Ie SCART, DV, AV etc
6 - Selects the HDD functions
44 – selects Timer recording
9 – selects DVD disc
Menu – live TV - Something to do with a recordable disc?
Playback – subtitles - open/closes the DVD tray
Playback – rewind - Changes between AV and normal TV
Playback – pause - Goes to Audio files & directory??

Learning remote request: N/A

Thank you for reading and hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to ask the manufacturer for IR signal information or Slingbox to see if they know about this device. Or somehow get a IR learning device to learn the IR signals.

I think Code 32 is VCR/0032 Protocol 00CA Sony 12/15 Combo protocol on the Slingbox with UEI PL chip. Fixed Data is D0 5D 40. Hex codes for digits 0-9 are 90 00 80 40 C0 20 A0 60 E0 10.

It could be the device uses a different but similar protocol than Sony 12/15 so it responds to some of the IR signals. Not sure why it responds to 44 pressed on the slingbox virtual remote as that would be considered two different button presses.

Sorry, can't be of more help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: