JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Possible old Pioneer protocol?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carwarr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Possible old Pioneer protocol? Reply with quote

I have an old remote used to control the Pioneer 8210 and 1100 laser players. I think it is pretty rare as I have been into Laser arcade games for quite some time and never seen one.

Anyway. I learned all the buttons and am tring to make an upgrade code for it.

The protocol ID that IR.exe gives me from the learned buttons is ID-000D and on several buttons it shows Async7 as a second one but I was just guessing this was extra light or something but I tried to relearn those buttons and always get it.

I tried to create an upgrade using the Akai protocol because its ID is 00 0D and thought it might work but no go.(newby mistake)

I uploaded my IR file with the learned buttons in it to the files section. It is called 8810pioneerlearn.zip if anyone wants to take a peek at it.

I guess I should have not used this remote as my first test of a hand made upgrade code!! hehe.

Anyway, if anyone has any idea where to go next, I would love to hear them.

BTW, the remote I am using is 8810w(8811) if it matters to look at the code.

Thanks for the greatest site I have frequented in a long time.

Mitch
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I made the 000D decode in my decoder, maybe I didn't notice KM had Akai, or maybe it wasn't there yet, or maybe I really didn't like the way KM encodes it. Anyway, the way KM interprets device numbers and OBCs for that protocol is totally incompatible with the way my decoder does.

I think that if you use the decoded EFC values, not the OBC values and you use device number 3 in KM (for the decoded device 4) you will get the right results.

I haven't double checked (by learning from one JP1 remote to another), so if it doesn't work, ask again and I'll make sure.

The Async7 decodes are just a flaw in the decoder. Please ignore them.
Carwarr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: You The MAN!!! Reply with quote

You are absolutly right. I changed the device to 3 in KM and now everything works perfectly. I had previously used the EFC codes because I noticed those were the only ones that made the hex numbers match up.

I also confused myself when I learned the codes on buttons and then created a update code and could not figure out why some buttons worked and some were backwards, etc. Turns out even though I added the setup code to the DVD button, I was still outputing the learned keys when I pushed the button! After hitting head against the wall and erasing all the learned codes, I realised that none of them were working before.

I know you guys will make alot of people in the old laser community happy when I tell them all to go buy a $20 remote to use on their old laser players that they didn't even know had the ability.

Not to throw this thread into another topic, but how can I find out if anyone(Uei?) has used the setup code I would like to use in my upgrade? I know it can be anything but should I make sure I follow some normal scheme if I am going to add it to your guys group of upgrades on the site? I just used 1525 cause it was not in MY remote and 525 is for a pioneer vcr/dvd. I know there is the devices4.xls but that only shows what is in the 1994 remote right? or am I thinking wrong.

Thanks a million.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: You The MAN!!! Reply with quote

Carwarr wrote:
I also confused myself when I learned the codes on buttons and then created a update code and could not figure out why some buttons worked and some were backwards, etc. Turns out even though I added the setup code to the DVD button, I was still outputing the learned keys when I pushed the button! After hitting head against the wall and erasing all the learned codes, I realised that none of them were working before.
Don't feel bad. It's a fairly common mistake to make due to the (not) excellent documentation UEI & RS supply with the remotes. Hopefully someone having the same problem will run across your post and it will help them.

Carwarr wrote:
I know you guys will make alot of people in the old laser community happy when I tell them all to go buy a $20 remote to use on their old laser players that they didn't even know had the ability.
Not to mention that the same remote can also control the rest of their systems... 8)
Carwarr wrote:
Not to throw this thread into another topic, but how can I find out if anyone(Uei?) has used the setup code I would like to use in my upgrade? I know it can be anything but should I make sure I follow some normal scheme if I am going to add it to your guys group of upgrades on the site? I just used 1525 cause it was not in MY remote and 525 is for a pioneer vcr/dvd. I know there is the devices4.xls but that only shows what is in the 1994 remote right? or am I thinking wrong.
There's no enforced standard regarding setup code numbers assigned to the upgrades that people upload to the JP1 files area. About the only common rule is to add 1000 to the setup number if it's a rework of an existing setup code (assuming it's less than 2048). There is a collection of setup code lists by remote here if you want to look. Trying to come up with a number not in your remote may help you, but someone using your upgrade on a different remote might run into a conflict no matter what number you pick. In any case, it's easily changed in KM or RM.
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've made a lot of "personal"upgrades. What I did was started with 2000, and increased each one by "1" sequentially as I made them. Last look indicates that the next one will be 2017. Since 2047 is "max", I can make quite a few more. I don't *think* ueic is in the 2000 range yet.

Jim
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: You The MAN!!! Reply with quote

Carwarr wrote:
Not to throw this thread into another topic, but how can I find out if anyone(Uei?) has used the setup code I would like to use in my upgrade? I know it can be anything but should I make sure I follow some normal scheme if I am going to add it to your guys group of upgrades on the site?

I don't know what EFCs you are using, so I can't compare those, but the LaserDisc code 0023 (found in remotes like the URC-8090, URC-9800, 15-1995 and the Maestro II) matches the protocol and device code you are using. So, given that, I would strongly urge you to call this upgrade LD/0023.

Last edited by The Robman on Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: You The MAN!!! Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

I don't know what EFCs youa re using, so I can't compare those, but the LaserDisc code 0023

He uploaded learned signals and the decoder gives correct EFCs, so you could have compared EFCs if you wanted to. I just compared a bunch of them.

Play, Pause, FWD, REW and the digits Match

F.Fwd, Enter, TV/Vid don't match

Record is 0023's Eject
Stop is 0023's Select

So I agree, this is close enough to the official LD/0023 that 0023 is a good setup code for it.
Carwarr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: You The MAN!!! Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
He uploaded learned signals and the decoder gives correct EFCs, so you could have compared EFCs if you wanted to. I just compared a bunch of them.

Play, Pause, FWD, REW and the digits Match

F.Fwd, Enter, TV/Vid don't match

Record is 0023's Eject
Stop is 0023's Select

So I agree, this is close enough to the official LD/0023 that 0023 is a good setup code for it.

OK, so I guess I will use 1023. I programmed the Eject button on the record button and the select button on the stop button so that sounds like it is the same one. Is there a breakdown of the 0023 setup somewhere that I can look at? It sounds like I would not have even had to make this one up from scratch, just assign the buttons I want to my remote, right? Devices4 does not list any EFCs for the code 0023 so I don't know where else to look for it.

Thanks a million.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend calling it LD/0023 (rather than LD/1023) as this code is not present in your remote (and it's not in many remotes at all, come to that).

For what it's worth, I have just created a KM for that replicates the LD/0023 code as found in the URC-9800, but this really won't do you that much good as you've already got your own KM file well under way.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/3.%20Device%20Codes/Laserdisc/Pioneer-LD-0023.txt
Carwarr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok then. I will use the 0023 then. I thought I should keep it a different number then is on ANY remote if possible but your the boss! Hehe. Just kidding.

I guess I didn't even need to post it now that you put the orig 0023 there too! But mine has more keys on it.

That is mainly why I wanted to see what was in your orig 0023 file, to see if there were any more EFC codes that would work on the player but not on the remote. There are 2 on the chapter + and - keys that I will try and see if they do anything for me.

Anyway, my file is here if anyone wants to take a look at it and see if I did everything ok.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/3.%20Device%20Codes/Laserdisc/Pioneer_laser_1100_remote.txt

Thanks again.
Mitch
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try asking OFA or RS to email you the EFCs for this code, their lists sometimes contain additional EFCs.
Carwarr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
You could try asking OFA or RS to email you the EFCs for this code, their lists sometimes contain additional EFCs.

That would be cool. Any suggestions of who to contact at either place? I am still waiting to hear from OFA from the 2 emails I sent them asking for an upgrade for my 8810 to work with my apex ad660 from about a month ago. (That was before I found you guys of course) Can I call them and actually say "I would like the EFC's for such and such device?"

Thanks
Mitch
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: