JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help for rusty user

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GOGGS75

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Help for rusty user Reply with quote

Hi,

I managed to set up an URC OneForAll 8910 successfully about two years ago and had a macro working.

Then about one year ago the batteries ran out and I had to run an update again to reinstall some of the URC functions. It was working again no problem.

Last week the batteries ran out again and I tried to run an update. It has almost worked but there is one frustrating point I cannot understand and can vaguely remember have problems with when setting it up initially but eventually solving.

This is that the 8 key macro works but takes breaks of around 1 second between each key in the routine (i.e. around 8 seconds it total). Can anyone help to refresh my memory on how to solve this ?

Thanks

Goggs75
beverlyhoward

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the fact that you are posting in this section indicate you are not uploading to the remote using the jp1 connection?

If you are using jp1, ir.exe shows the macros under the macros tab.

Beverly Howard
jimdunn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Help for rusty user Reply with quote

GOGGS75 wrote:

This is that the 8 key macro works but takes breaks of around 1 second between each key in the routine (i.e. around 8 seconds it total). Can anyone help to refresh my memory on how to solve this ?

The extender for the 8910, if you are using a JP1 cable, makes your macros significantly faster.

(I think you can load an extender through a "wav" file modem upgrade too, if you don't have, and for some reason are completely opposed to buying/building a JP1 cable, but it would involve quite a bit of manual "messing around" to make the "signatures" match - see: this thread, in particular the 3rd post by johnsfine)

For general info on extenders, see: Extender FAQ...

Without an extender, I think you're stuck with the slow, default macros.

Unless someone knows a "trick" to work around this ?
jimdunn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Help for rusty user Reply with quote

GOGGS75 wrote:
Then about one year ago the batteries ran out and I had to run an update again to reinstall some of the URC functions.

Last week the batteries ran out again and I tried to run an update.

Just as an aside - has anyone else had a problem with programming being lost when batteries run out ?

It has never happened to me with URC 7560/62 remotes - although I have never left one for a significant period (ie months) without batteries, and then checked.

My experience has generally been that the remote remembers its programming when new batteries are installed.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Help for rusty user Reply with quote

jimdunn wrote:
Just as an aside - has anyone else had a problem with programming being lost when batteries run out ?

Back before JP1, my URC-6800 sometimes lost its programming apparently from a short battery interruption. I can't be sure, but I think I understand what was really happening: Some byte in eeprom was corrupted by some glitch much earlier, but the 6800 continued to function normally. The extra eeprom checking it does when you replace the battery caused it to decide the eeprom was sick and discard the programming.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: