JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help - Trouble using 8910 with Toshiba TV

View previous topic :: View next topic  
apostrophe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Help - Trouble using 8910 with Toshiba TV Reply with quote

I'm new to this and have managed to set up Topfield PVR and XBOX360 using rmdu files downloaded from this site. But I can't find a file for Toshiba 32WLT66 TV (it uses a CT8002 remote)

If I set the 8910 to use the 1256 code I get some basic functions (power, numbers, mute, volume and program + and -)

This is all working fine but I need other functions to work as well. I then use a learn key to add the 'Guide' function from the original remote. I can now press the learn key and the tv guide comes up on screen. Still good. Then I use IR to get the remote code just learnt and REMOTEMASTER to produce an upgrade as described in th RM manual. I am able to load this using IR back onto the 8910.

All the other devices still work but any key including the basic ones has now stopped working in TV mode. The red led and transmission icon on the lcd no longer display. What am I doing wrong?

The other thing that might be a clue is the that the EFC for that key is shown as 168 in RM but once pasted into IR (and viewed on the Device Tab) shows 018. Is that right?

Can anyone help.

Thanks

Fred Smile
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toshiba uses pretty much the same codes for all their TVs, so try out some of the other Toshiba TV upgrades in the file section.
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Help - Trouble using 8910 with Toshiba TV Reply with quote

apostrophe wrote:
All the other devices still work but any key including the basic ones has now stopped working in TV mode. The red led and transmission icon on the lcd no longer display. What am I doing wrong?
Have you given your failed to enter the upgrade number in the appropriate section in IR? It might help to look at your IR file. Could you upload it to the Diagnosis Area of the File Section? Please then post here again and include a link to the file.
apostrophe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Toshiba uses pretty much the same codes for all their TVs, so try out some of the other Toshiba TV upgrades in the file section.

Thanks Rob Very Happy . I modified the 'Toshiba 32ZP48 TV Remote CT-90101.rmdu' and that seems to have done the job.

Fred
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: