JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Remote For Teac DV-D990 Doesnt Decode,,
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just posted the new DecodeIR.dll to correctly decode these.

Decode_IR_DLL.zip

It displays the two byte hex needed to create KeyMoves with setup code AUDIO/0286, but due to the limitations of the interface between IR and DecodeIR it displays "or" between them as if they were two possibilities, rather than used together.

Next I plan to add a minor enhancement to RemoteMaster, so that it can produce correct upgrades (do the checksum calculation from device, subdevice and OBC) for protocol 00BB.

Last edited by johnsfine on Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
usblipitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
decode_IR_DLL.zip
John, the link needs a capital d: Decode_IR_DLL.zip. Oh, and thanks for all the hard work!
mwinters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, thanks for all the help, the new files work great, now i can actually use the teac properly with my remote.. its been an interesting learning experence..

Smile

Mathew.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you create an upgrade with protocol 00BB or KeyMoves with AUDIO/0286, or what? I thought we hadn't yet provided quite enough info for a non expert to proceed to a working remote.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
Did you create an upgrade with protocol 00BB or KeyMoves with AUDIO/0286, or what? I thought we hadn't yet provided quite enough info for a non expert to proceed to a working remote.

I created some KM files...

The Robman wrote:
I have also created both a regular KM upgrade for this, and a second upgrade which just contains all the "gap" OBCs. You can use this second upgrade to search for discrete codes and any other functions your device might support that are not on the remote.

Teac-mini-system-DV-D990.txt
Teac-mini-system-OBC-gaps.txt

If you find any additional functions, let me know so I can add them to the main KM file. Also, let me know how the main KM file works out.

Hey Matthew, did you try the second file with the gao OBCs? And if so, did you find any additional functions?
mwinters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:

I loaded the file to the keymap-master.xls and used Audio 0400 (just so its not confused).. and mapped the keys I wanted then uploaded, seems to work quite well..

I have not tried the other file, it might be a bit hard to figure out what the function is as there is no front panel button missing as far as I can tell..

Very Happy
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main thing you might hope to find are discrete on and off codes. Sometimes there are other little secrets that you can find. I suggest that you just load the file (temporarily) into your remote and then try all the buttons to see if any of them appear to do anything. If they don't, it's no biggie. If one of them turns the unit off (and repeat pressings keep the unit off), you will have found the discrete off command. Then you have to try the process again to find the discrete on (which might well be the next highest or lowest OBC to the OFF code).
mwinters

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt find any on/off codes, there didnt seem to be anything new, some of the codes appear to repeat what already is there, a couple of others were hard to disconcern their exact function..
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: