JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Faulty designed cursor (donut) key fix?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beakmyn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Faulty designed cursor (donut) key fix? Reply with quote

I purchased the OneForAll 9910 back in October and aside for the very badly designed cursor keys I've been happy with it. I needed the IR/RF box so I could run my noisy Sony DVD player inside the cabinet (another story), anyway I noticed the lower end models have regular pushbuttons for the cursor keys is this a new design or old design? From 'The Robman' post it seems the 9910 may be getting a re-design. I sent an email to OneForAll about this design flaw, in fact I mentioned it to them when the upgraded the codes for my receiver but they just fluffed it off, I guess hindsight is 20/20. So, what's the deal with it? I'm hoping that I can somehow convince the OneForAll folks to replace it with a new design or refund my money. I'm going to push that 90 day warranty as I see this as a definate defect in materials/workmanship and design. Failing that it doesn't appears there's an easy modification.
usblipitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and your JP1 question is ... ? Smile

(everyone hated the donut, so they redesigned them without the donut.)
JP1Files
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless the donut falls off, you're gonna have a hard time proving defect in material or workmanship. design "flaw" is a matter of opinion, try and convince a jury. Every since this remote was first out, everyone gave ample warning that it was in our opinion a POS. About a year and a quarter later you went ahead and got one anyway. If you didn't read and heed those warnings it could be argued that you didn't do your homework first and investigate what the opinions were about this model.
I doubt you're gonna convince them to swap units with you. You likely had 30 days return privileges and didn't take advantage of it. You're probably pusing the 90 day warranty period and unless the remote craps out on you, before itdoes run out, you'll likely get stuck with it.

You could probably get a "new" style 8910 and put the puck from your old style 9910 in it. That'd let you still use the command center, and the remote would have the seperate arrow keys. Chalk it up to live and learn.

Jim
beakmyn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I'd known about these forums before yesterday then I could've heeded the warnings. Strangely I didn't find many opinions on this remote by googling before purchasing it. Oh well live and learn I guess. Thanks for the replies though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: