JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

JP1 Funkiness

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Markh32

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: JP1 Funkiness Reply with quote

I just recently built the simple parallel cable, rev 5, and it seems to work, but I get some odd results. On my Cinema 7, it seems to recognize it and work properly, but I've programmed 0639 for the Cable/SAT, and IR (V7) tells me that the device is 0566! I've tried it on one other remote, and it seems to work fine. Why would I be getting this result?

I haven't seen much discussion here about the relatively new basic remotes that DirecTV sends out. One is an RC32, but the other ones look similar. I popped one apart (not an easy task), and it has holes for a four-pin, single row connector. I know that's not a JP1, but it looks like it would serve a similar purpose. Has anybody figured them out?

- Mark
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: JP1 Funkiness Reply with quote

Markh32 wrote:
On my Cinema 7, it seems to recognize it and work properly, but I've programmed 0639 for the Cable/SAT, and IR (V7) tells me that the device is 0566!
Can you be more specific? Did you set the CBL/SAT device button to CBL/0639 in IR on the General tab, or did you program that setup code in via the keypad and then download the remote to IR?
Markh32

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started with a Cinema 7, programmed the old fashioned way (via the keypad). Then, I connected it to the computer, downloaded it (after a choice of several RDFs. Not sure if that matters), then observed the wrong set of values. I believe that I did change it to 0639 in IR, then uploaded it. But when downloaded again, it was still wrong. But it does operate (the Sony SAT-T60) properly. And I did have the remote tell me (via flashes) what was programmed. Again, 0639. But IR insists that it's 0566. It operates a few other items (VCR, TV, etc), all of which seem to agree with what I believe should be in there.

- Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: