JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IR.exe and sorting keymoves...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuck_IV

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: IR.exe and sorting keymoves... Reply with quote

Is there anyway to do it currently? If not, I would like to request this, as a future feature. My list if keymoves is getting up there and after replacing my receiver, it became a bit of a pain to look thru the list and remove all the keymoves for the old receiver.

I'd like to be able to sort it by "Bound Device".

Thanx.
klinckman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can manually move them up and down in the list by clicking on them and holding the mouse button as you move the mouse up and down. As far as I know there is no automated method.
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually there is a way. If you look just above the red led icon at the bottom, there's a "copy to clipboard" icon. Click it. Then open excel and once a new sheet is open, "paste". The whole list will be presented. Then click the second column (bound device), and click the "sort ascending" in the menue and they'll be sorted alphabetically. IE, "audio", Cable, TV, vcr. Once you've determined which to "delete" you'll know the keymove "number" that those correspond to, so highlight that row, and click "delete" from the buttons on the bottom. I didn't see a way to do that sorting in IR, but I suppose this method is better than scrolling thru a large list. Tokk me maybe 10 seconds or less to do it just experimenting (I had to do some searching and likely could have it down to maybe 5 secs pretty easily now that I know how.

Hope this helps,

Jim
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOPS, there is an "import button" in IR on the keymoves page. I didn't experiment with it, but you *Might* be able to delete the whole list, then "import" the whole list from excel in the "new order" with the deletions and additions already done. I experimented with my own remote (user) to have a list of keymoves to try this and didn't have any changes I needed to make, but you might want to try this (at your own risk).

I'd guess you could "resort" the list by the first column (number), after making the changes if you need them in numerical order.

Jim
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Import button is used for pasting in code from the Key Move Code block on KM. It needs to be formatted in a certain way for IR to recognize it.

The summary output that those IR copy buttons (and the Summary command on the File menu) is in HRF (Human Readable Format, i.e. plain text Wink ), and there's no way to import that back into IR.

The only way to "sort" anything in IR is the click and drag the individual rows up or down.
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, while I could copy and paste from IR>keymoves into excel and then sort, I couldn't get from excel back into IR. It appears we have half of what's needed, copying to clipboard. however, we don't have the other half we'd need, pasting back into IR. I don't know how much trouble it would be for Mark to add this to IR, but I suppose someone could perhaps inquire with him. But then, it may be just as easy (or hard) to have sorting within IR. Makes me wonder what original purpose that copy to clipboard feature was for, except to perhaps as a means to get the page into excel where it could be sorted and/or printed from.

Jim

Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: