JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CaptiveWorks 3000HD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GurkhaBeast

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robman,

Version 7 is functioning like version 5. Short key presses work, long key press only responds to a single code.
houdini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new slingbox version works the same as the last one. All buttons work but can't hit the same button more than once.

Version 7 - none of the buttons work on slingbox at all.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've updated the Slingbox version to use a shorter gap, let's see if this helps
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5951

Last edited by The Robman on Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
houdini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No go... all buttons work but still can't press the same button more than once.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at a loss with the Slingbox, so I'm really glad that GB came along to verify that the upgrade works in a remote or I would really have been pulling my hair out.

All I can suggest is that the gap between part1 and part2 needs to be shortened. Rather than having me keep shortening it and posting new versions, let me tell you how to shorten it yourself, if you want to keep experimenting.

When you open the upgrade in RM, click on Advanced > Manual Settings. At this point you will see a list where the first column is "Processor" and the second column is "Protocol Code". The only entry that will be populated is the S3C80 protocol code. If you double click on the S3C80 protocol code, you will see the following code...

43 8A 41 8B 12 8D 04 05 08 01 A1 00 00 00 00 01
8D 27 10 02 71 02 5D E6 10 01 E6 11 03 18 07 28
07 38 07 48 07 56 C1 03 90 C1 90 C1 90 C1 56 C2
30 56 C3 0C E0 C3 56 C4 C0 B4 C1 03 B4 C2 04 B4
C3 04 B4 C4 05 F6 01 46 B6 05 40 8D 01 49

The 2nd and 3rd bytes on the 2nd line control the length of the gap between the two parts. Try reducing the first byte from 27 to 10 to see if that helps. Keep in mind that this is hex, so the next value down from 10 is 0F (not 09).

If that doesn't work, you could also try increasing the gap.
houdini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally! Well I'm now having success with the latest slingbox file you made as well as V6. The latest slingbox file you have works better for me. For example, hitting channel 555 always works on the slingbox version but if I use V6 sometimes I'll only get 55.

What are the major differences between V6 and the slingbox version you made?

I spent a few hours adjusting the timing as you mentioned in the post above and finally got it to work with 03 instead of 27. Funny thing is when I went back and tried your version with 27 it still worked fine. I tried using many different timings after that and they all seem to work now. I have no idea what is going on there.

Thanks so much Rob! I modified your RM file for slingbox just a bit to remap the buttons the way I wanted them (probably how most cw3000hd users would want them). Should I go ahead and upload that here?

I've confirmed that every single button is working and can be pressed multiple times.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to both of you for doing all the testing, it looks like we may have finally put this sucker to bed!

The difference between v6 and the Slingbox version is this:

In v6, I send part1, which has an 82,000 uS leadout time, then I repeat the leadout time, then I turn on the repeat flag and send part1 again for as long as the button is held. Then when the button is released, I flip the toggle bit and send part2.

For the Slingbox version, I send part1, with a reduced leadout time, then I flip the toggle and send part2.

I took out all the logic that handles the repeating signal because the Slingbox doesn't have the ability to replicate holding the button down.

If you want to see how it's done (if you can read S3C8 assembler code), you can download the PB file that I created for it. You'll need to use the Protocol Builder spreadsheet to view it.

Yes, please do load your version into the same folder in the file section. I'll delete my version once it's there. You could also load your BIN file into the Sling folder if you like.
GurkhaBeast

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like this thread has been going for a year - WOW.

Houdini, thanks for not giving up and bumping this thread so that it caught my eye.

Thank you Robman for not giving up and thanks for sharing the Protocol Builder code with your comments included. I cannot believe I have not run across this site before, but I sure am glad that I finally found it.
houdini

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was hoping not to piss anyone off this past year from bumping the thread over and over Smile

I've spent soo many hours trying different things on this and got nowhere. Rob really came through and put in so much time. It just would not have happened without his effort and expertise. I really appreciate it and I know many others will too.

I've posted all the files here and will be posting on the captiveworks site for all slingbox and jp1 remote users to use. I've already started a thread over there.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are links to Houdini's files...

1) The RM file
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5951

2) Slingbox bin file (JU) - old US models
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5952

3) Slingbox bin file (PL) - current US models
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5954

4) Slingbox bin file (PK) - beta box
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5953

5) Slingbox bin file (RV) - current European models
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5955
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: