JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CaptiveWorks 3000HD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

v4 is loaded, give it a try
GurkhaBeast

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little bit better.

Long Key Press followed by a long Key Press, followed by a long Key Press will send a single key code (or respond to a single key code) each long key press. So now it does respond to the same key multiple times.

Short Key presses appears to be identical to V3.

Single Key Press (Pause) Single Key Press - only a single key code is sent (or responded to) additional presses of the same key are not responded to.

Single Key Press (no pause) Single Key Press, one code is sent or responded to on the first key press, second key press sends 4 codes or the CW3000HD responds to 4 codes then key presses of the same key is not responded to.
houdini

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll test it after work again today but it sounds like it would be a no go on the slingbox since there is no such thing as long key presses.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the learned file that you posted earlier, could you verify that the following buttons work:

CH-
VOL-
Record

I'm trying to figure out if the gap between part1 and part2 of the signal needs to be longer or shorter. The fact that long presses seem to work better than short presses tends to indicate that I need a longer gap but some of the learns that you posted (ie, the three buttons I just mentioned) all have short gaps, so if they work it would tend to indicate that I need a shorter gap.

I think I can officially say that this protocol has become the biggest pain in the ass of any that I've tried working with so far. I'm very close to throwing in the towel with this one as it has become WAY too time consuming.

Here's v5 with a shorter gap...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5760
houdini

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Testing v5 on slingbox...all buttons working again but multiple presses of the same key are not responded to. I have to hit a different button before being able to use the first one again. In other words, I can't press 555 to go to channel 555. It will only register 5.

Rob, thanks so much for working on this. I can't believe how close it is. Please don't give up just yet. I'm anxious to hear from GurkhaBeast on v5 with his remote.
GurkhaBeast

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CH-, VOL-, Record all work on the learned remote

V5 is much better and almost there.

Directly to the Captive Works CW3000HD (apparently not through the sling box according to the previous post)

Single key presses (with a pause or no pause between key presses): works as supposed to. The receiver responds to each key press on the remote. The same key can be pressed multiple times and the receiver responds that many times.

The only issue is long key presses. Long Key presses will send a single key code only. Multiple long key presses of the same key will send a single key code each press.

Part of the issue may be with the CW3000HD in that it is using a USB keyboard/mouse interface with a custom remote. So, the protocol is really non-standard, as far as home entertainment systems are concerned.

Robman, Thanks for getting us this far. I understand if you have had enough. Just looking at your different versions has provided me a lot of information. I have learned a lot through this process and plan on learning a lot more.

Thanks again.

GurkhaBeast
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GurkhaBeast wrote:
The only issue is long key presses. Long Key presses will send a single key code only. Multiple long key presses of the same key will send a single key code each press.

I'm just looking at your old IR file now with the long presses in it, so I can see what is captured.

For the short presses, you get part1, a gap and then part2 (with the toggle flipped).

For the long presses, you get part1, a gap, then part1 again with part1 repeating (ie, the toggle doesn't flip).

Could you re-test your IR file with the long holds and verify that you can press the same long button twice in a row. This is to verify whether the toggle flip is needed.
GurkhaBeast

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The long key presses in the learned ir file do not work. The toggle flip occurs on key release and the learning stopped before the key release so it was not captured.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That confirms that it is needed. I've just loaded v6 which should work for long presses (and hopefully I didn't break the short presses).
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Houdini,
If v6 doesn't work well for you, please try this version instead...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5942

This version has the long press stuff taken out because the Sling can't do long presses.
GurkhaBeast

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PERFECT! For the JP1 remote direct to the CW3000HD.

Thank you very much Robman. You sure know what you are doing!

GurkhaBeast
houdini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I tried v6 via remote desktop from work (very tough to do with slingbox) and it seems like none of the buttons worked at all (but I'll have to test better when I get home).

Then I loaded the other file you posted for slingbox and the buttons all seem to work again but no go on pressing the same button twice. It just doesn't seem to work. I'll have to mess with the slingbox settings (fast, medium, slow) when i get home but I'm pretty sure it doesn't work. I guess it just isn't getting the button release.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just updated the Slingbox file to send a shorter gap, see if that helps.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey GB, could you do another test for me? Could you try creating a macro that contains CW buttons to see if they work in a macro. For example, create a macro with the buttons 1223 to see if the CW recognizes both multiple buttons and repeat presses of the same button.

The fact that this doesn't work in the Slingbox (which operates in a similar fashion to a remote running a macro) is causing me a bit of concern.

If it doesn't work in a macro, the following version (v7) might fix it.
{v7 file deleted}

Houdini, this version might also work in the Slingbox.

Last edited by The Robman on Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
GurkhaBeast

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robman,

The macros work on version 6. I will test version 7.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: