JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CaptiveWorks 3000HD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The upgrade file you are trying to use needs to be opened using either KeyMap Master or RemoteMaster, and in those programs you change the remote to your remote and an output is produced which you copy and paste into IR.

You have no need for extinstall, as it is used to install an "extender" into a remote, which is advanced programming that you don't want to worry about right now.

Read the Beginner's Read Me ("Read this First" which describes the entire process and how KM and RM relate to IR.

As for extenders, in the Extender forum, there is a FAQ which you can read, but again, use of an extender is unnecessary for what you are trying to do just now.

Finally, I don't know what my problem is, but I cannot open your learned IR file in IR - I get an invalid character input. Hmmm...

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
GurkhaBeast

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for guidance. There is so much information on this board it is nice to get a nudge in the right direction. I had planned on just reading for a few weeks but this thread jumped at me and I figured that this will force me to learn faster.

Capn Trips wrote:

Finally, I don't know what my problem is, but I cannot open your learned IR file in IR - I get an invalid character input. Hmmm...

I tried downloading and received the same error - looks like that file got corrupted. I have reuploaded and then downloaded it and succesfully loaded it into ir.exe. (Same link)
GurkhaBeast

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips - Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Robman - I have now been able to load your file.

The keys seem to work one time, but they will not repeat (either with a long keypress or with a key press / key release sequence. I have to move to a different key then I can go back to the original key and it will once again work one time.

The file I posted with the learned keys seems to work very well. Keys repeat on long key presses as well as the key press / key release sequence. I did not record all of the keys for this test. If you need all keys recorded I can do that and upload a new file.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5932
joeyboey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GurkhaBeast -
I tried to take a look at your ir.exe learned signal file and it would not open. "invalid command-line parameters"

I am not sure what this means(I am also new). I just thought you would like to know this may be a problem for Robman. Maybe some one else can confirm this with your file.
GurkhaBeast

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joeyboey wrote:
GurkhaBeast -
I tried to take a look at your ir.exe learned signal file and it would not open. "invalid command-line parameters"

I am not sure what this means(I am also new). I just thought you would like to know this may be a problem for Robman. Maybe some one else can confirm this with your file.

Strange, I just downloaded it again and it opened fine for me in ir.exe version 7.14. I guess we will need to wait and see if others are having problems.
joeyboey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a real good chance that the problem is mine alone Very Happy
GurkhaBeast

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have uploaded another file with most keys learned using a RS 15-133. They are all learned with short key presses and all of the learned keys work to control the CW3000HD.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5935
GurkhaBeast

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Robman,

Just a bit more information about your upgrade.

With the upgrade installed the remote behaves just as indicated in the above post. Single press only, additional presses of the same key will not resend the key and long key presses will only send a single key code until another key is pressed. It is the receiver that is not accepting the additional key sends not the remote.

If I press a key on the upgraded remote then press a key on the OEM remote (the same or any other key) then the upgraded remote will resend the original key (or better put: the receiver will accept the resent key from the upgraded remote).

I believe it has to do with the key release bit. You can see from the learned code below how two identical streams are sent, except for the key release bit.

Press of the "1" key using the OEM remote: (I bolded half the bit - I don't know if the other half is to the left or to the right Smile)

+1280 -1218 +460 -1204 +2100 -1230 +460 -2036 +460 -1204 +460 -2036 +1280 -1218 +460 -1204 +460 -2036 +460 -2036 +460 -130610
+1280 -1218 +460 -1204 +2100 -1230 +460 -2036 +460 -1204 +460 -2870 +460 -1204 +460 -1204 +460 -2036 +460 -2036 +460 -130610

If The key release bit is not set, the receiver will not except additional key sends from the same key.

Press of the "1" key using the upgraded remote:
+1334 -844 +830 -818 +2482 -818 +830 -1648 +852 -822 +830 -1644 +1656 -818 +856 -822 +830 -1644 +830 -1644 +830 -676248

If I remember correctly, when I was playing with this over six months ago, You may be able to send only the key release code instead of both the key press and key release sequence. I sort of remember that it might be worth a test before sending both.

If you want to emulate the OEM remote:

Send the key press and (after a slight pause) resend the key press until a key release is determined. Then send the key release code.

Gurkha
GurkhaBeast

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I tried to set the bit that was low on all of the HEX values on the Remote Master Function tab (bit 6) high to see if that would work and it did not. No response from the remote was acknowledged by the receiver. So, bit 6 may not be the key release bit, the protocol may not be right, or some other issue has occurred that an expert will have to identify.

Bit 6 was always 0 on each of the keys - changed bit 6 to a 1 on all HEX values.

10101011 -> 11101011, etc.

AB -> EB
B8 -> F8
B3 -> F3
B0 -> F0
8A -> CA
99 -> D9
AA -> EA
97 -> D7
0A -> 4A
22 -> 62
0B -> 4B
80 -> C0
A7 -> E7
B2 -> F2
95 -> D5
89 -> C9
8C -> CC
94 -> D4
18 -> 58
8B -> CB
A0 -> E0
9B -> DB
38 -> 78
3D -> 7D
A6 -> E6
87 -> C7
29 -> 69
08 -> 48
A5 -> E5
12 -> 52
02 -> 42
10 -> 50
3E -> 7E
21 -> 61
01 -> 41
3F -> 7F
2B -> 6B
23 -> 63
82 -> C2
03 -> 43
A9 -> E9
28 -> 68
13 -> 53
81 -> C1
1F -> 5F
B1 -> F1
91 -> D1
2A -> 6A
A8 -> E8
A4 -> E4
96 -> D6
houdini

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GurkhaBeast, thanks for joining the thread and helping out with this problem. I've been trying to get a slingbox upgrade for the 3000 for what seems like ages. I am of course having the same problems as you where you cannot press the same button twice. Hopefully the experts here can help us out. I don't know what else to try myself. I believe the button release is not registering.

The only way I can help test is by generating a slingbox upgrade to try as I do not have a jp1 remote. In a way I'm happy you had the same results with your jp1 remote because I know now that it is not the slingbox having the problem but rather the upgrade file.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just tried tweaking the protocol that I created and I think I may have fixed it.

Here's my revised upgrade...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5760
houdini

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll test with slingbox and update this thread when I get home from work today.
GurkhaBeast

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for hanging in there Robman,

The result of the protocol change is a little different.

single key press - (pause) - single key press same key: key code is sent once on the first key press and no response on second key press

single key press - (no pause) - single key press: key code is sent once on the first key press and then three key press codes are sent on the second key press

long key press: single key code is sent no additional response from the CW3000HD.
GurkhaBeast

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robman,

I do really appreciate your time on this project. I just don't have the experience yet to do this one on my own. I will keep trying but I do have an idea that might make things easier for you.

I know how difficult it is to try and debug such a unique device. I have a USB receiver that I can send you, if you would like to test it first hand. The USB receiver is attached to the CW3000HD and translates the ir codes to keyboard keystrokes. I have the remote button to keyboard keystroke translation table as well. The USB receiver enumerates as a standard keyboard and mouse. You can then attach the USB ir receiver to a Windows PC, open an application that can accept those keyboard key strokes and verify how your code is working.

Let me know if that might makes things easier for you.

Gurkha
houdini

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No go on slingbox either...actually it's worse in that none of the buttons work now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: