JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How to copy IR.exe programming from one remote to another?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikegerard

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: How to copy IR.exe programming from one remote to another? Reply with quote

Is there an easy way to get my programming on an old remote (7800) over to a newer remote(6131)? I was hoping to just open the old file and select the new remote and be done with it. It looks like it's more complex than that.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't do a copy and paste, because the keys have different keycodes and the I think the 7800 and 6131 use different kinds of keymoves as well.

When I had to do this, I print a Summary report on Landscape mode. I think I had to copy and paste it into wordpad. Question It was pretty easy to work from.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no automated way to do it. You'll need to re-work all of your upgrades using KM or RM to convert them from the 7800 to the 6131, and you'll have to re-do all your keymoves and macros.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never tried this but....

You could run EXTINSTALL (at least the new version that I posted a week or so ago) and use your 7800 file as the input file. You'd get an extended 6131 as the result and some of the keys wouldn't line up but it would dutifuly copy the keymoves and macros from the 7800 into the 6131.

It would be an interesting experiment. Lots of the keys on these remotes have the same keycodes so a good bit of it would probably port over.

IF you try it, let us know how it turns out!
mikegerard

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Exinstall-2 not working... Reply with quote

I tried running Exinstall-2 and cant seem to get it to load...some kind of configuration error. "application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

I tried Exinstall also and did not seem to get a combined third file.

Mike
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extinstall-2 requires the VC 8 runtime, you can download it from Microsoft. There is a note in one of the Extinstall-2 threads about where to get it. I should update the announcement thread to find and reference that download. (thanks for reminding me)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: