JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Question about DSS Receiver protocols

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:19 pm    Post subject: Question about DSS Receiver protocols Reply with quote

I added the names XX15 and XX16 to my decoder for the protocols that look just like Blaupunkt but have 15 and 16 data bits instead of the 9 that Blaupunkt has. One goal of this question is to get a good name for these new protocols. I don't want to do the obvious and name them Blaupunkt15 and Blaupunkt16, because I never really liked the name "Blaupunkt" for the protocol mainly used with the Grundig brand name (Blaupunkt brand devices more often use something else) and it seems an even worse name for these new protocols that I think are used by Nokia devices.

So far I've only seen these used in connection with DSS receivers. In almost all CCF files I'm quite confused by the question of what device these commands go with. Maybe because I never used a DSS, I'm missing some basic concept. In most cases it seems like the DSS is two seperate devices with two unrelated IR code sets, but only one of them is named in the CCF's list of brands. Often inside the CCF one is identified as "sky" and the other as "d-box". This is further confused by surprisingly many CCF files having two or more "Satallite Receivers" so they have three or more associated code sets.

XX16 is present as device 92 in all but one case. In almost all of those CCF files it is identified as "d-box" but brand and model are unclear. In some cases it seems to be identified as a "Nokia Satellite Receiver MediaMaster" of some specific model number, but in most of those cases there is a second IR code set also identified as the same device (such as Nokia:14.0, NEC1:64, or RC6-6-20:0.0).

XX16:92 is also present with a Humax DSS Receiver FTV-5600 (apparently NEC1:0.16) and a TechniSat Satellite Receiver Astra AX-2

The remaining XX16 is device 124 used with a Nokia DSS Receiver MediaMaster 221T (apparently RC6-6-20:0.0).

The only XX15 is device 54 used in the Hirschmann Satellite Receiver CSR 1500 B

All of these (all samples of XX16:92, XX16:124 and XX15:54) match in command numbers for every command I looked at, so they are effectively just three different units of the same command set.

Any idea who is the real company behind all that?
Any hints on how a DSS ignorant person can read a CCF and guess which brand and model goes with which IR code set?

Has anyone done any JP1 stuf with any of these device? I haven't even checked yet to see if any of the obscure UEI protocols matches

{500}<-1,1|1,-1>(1,-5,1:1,254:8,127:7,27,(1,-5,1:1,F:8,D:7,27)+)
or
{500}<-1,1|1,-1>(1,-5,1:1,254:8,255:8,27,(1,-5,1:1,F:8,D:8,27)+)
damir

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are four versions of d-box.
Old d-box or d-box1 is Nokia MediaMaster 9500.
It's setup codes are SAT 0723 and SAT 0873 (pid 00BD).
New model d-box2 is manufactured by Nokia, Sagem and Philips.
I think the setup code for Sagem d-box2 is SAT 1114 (pid 0176), but I'm not sure.

All Humax OAK sat receivers (CI-5100, VA-5200, VACI-5300, IRCI-5400, CRCI-5500,
FTV-5600, NACI-5700...) use the same remote - NEC1:0.16.
That means that XX16:92 is not related to Humax.

Sky digibox is made by Panasonic, Pace, Amstrad and Grundig, and they all have
the same remote which is made by UEI. Setup code is SAT 0847 (pid 0020)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: