JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Discrete codes for a Toshiba CN27G95 TV?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
otherleg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Discrete codes for a Toshiba CN27G95 TV? Reply with quote

Does anyone have (or know where I can get) discrete codes (particularly the "inputs") for a Toshiba CN27G95 TV? It's a mid to late 90's model.

Or better yet, a service manual. The one listed at www.ioffer.com is actually sold.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toshiba is the most famous (or infamous) of the TOAD brands. Only the most recent of their TV sets have discrete codes, so you are almost certainly out of luck with your 90's set.

However, you can use the CH+ workaround, which is what I do with my Toshiba TV.

When you press the CH+ or CH- button, the set will always go to ANTENNA mode, regardless of what mode it is currently in, so if you create a macro where CH+ is followed by one press of TV/VCR, you will end up in VIDEO1 mode, follow it with 2 presses of TV/VCR and you'll be in VIDEO2 mode, etc.

As for disrete power, you can either program the macros in such a way that you will always know if the set is on or off when you run that particular macro (which is what I do) or you can use the ToadTog utility to simulate discretes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: