JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IMON-Pad protocol help?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just re-configured the file as a KM file, if you open it using KM rather than RM it will change the protocol code for you.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4879

I've also loaded a new copy of my experimental code here, give it a try also. Remember, I just want to know if it works, I know what the signal looks like and I am aware of where it differs from the original.
dsw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

Not too surprisingly, as far as I can tell, the UEI official upgrade code works perfectly.

Your revised code is pretty good. I didn't quite test all the functions (I just did the ones that auto-mapped to 7800 buttons when I switched KM to a 7800). All of the ones I tested except for Left Click, Power, Play and Record seemed good (they were stable, and mostly decoded the same as the original remote). Those four were sometimes okay, but sometimes they read incorrectly. When I held one of those four buttons down to send a series of commands, about half of the commands were correctly received. The other half decoded with a few bits randomized. Also, the 9 button didn't decode the same as the original remote when using OBC 110 (it's a consistent decode, just a different one). I didn't get a chance to try OBC 34 yet.

One other thing to note is that the UEI code even got the keyup functionality correct. The original remote sends two different commands: one when you press the button (and this one repeats as long as you hold the button), and a second code when you release the button. The UEI code does this the same as the original remote.

For what I'm doing (using the iMon device in linux with lirc), I don't need the extra keyup functionality. It doesn't hurt anything, I just don't use it.

The only difference between the original remote and the UEI upgrade seems to be with the timing of repeating commands. The original remote sends a command when you first press the button, waits about 0.5s then starts sending repeated commands. The UEI upgrade just sends repeating commands right away.

Dave
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The UEI executor sends 3 different type of signals...

style1 - keyboard
repeat whole signal for duration
on release, toggle one bit, send 1 more time

style2 - mouse
repeat whole signal for duration
(no special release code)

style3 - mouse (not used)
send signal once
don't send anything while button held
on release, toggle several bits, send 1 more time

Here's the story with regards to how this signal is formatted. A logical zero is represented by the IR being turned on for 825 uS and a logical one is represented by the IR being turned off for 825 uS. This is what my executor does. However, with the original signal, the first logical zero in any sequence is represented by the light being turned off for about 260 uS and then on for 565 uS (which still adds up to 825 uS). My only guess as to why they do this is because the IR receiver wakes up when it detects the first IR signal and then it does a "pick" every 825 uS, so by shortening the first IR burst, it ensures that all the picks will be in the middle of a burst.

The executor that I created uses the remote's built in IR engine to generate the signal, so it is limited to what the engine is capable of sending. The UEI executor sends the signal manually, hence it's size.

I know how I can use the UEI approach but still make the executor alot smaller. I will also try and think of a way to use the engine and maybe improve performance. Hopefully you will still be around to test the results when I've got something to test.
dsw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

Sure. I'd be happy to help test any new version you come up with. I have notification turned on for this thread, so if you post here when you have a new version ready, I'll notice.

The way I'm using the Imon (in linux, with lirc), I actually only use the signals you've marked as style1. There are people working on making the mouse functionality of the iMon actually move the mouse cursor in linux, but it doesn't seem to work right now (I think it used to, though, so maybe it will again sometime). lirc does see the mouse signals, though, and they are stable decodes.

The original remote has a directional pad (hence the name iMon-Pad) that sends the mouse signals. It would be very hard to truly emulate, since it sends more than just the four main directional signals (I think it can do any angle).

Dave
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just loaded up a new version of the experimental code. If you try comparing the signals, they won't match exactly, but hopefully the signals will be in the right state when the picks are made. If this works, I will try adding a delay between the first send and all the others.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4893
dsw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

The latest version seems to work! All the buttons I tested (about 35) gave consistent decodes. All but one even decoded the same as the original remote. I think the "menu" function has the wrong OBC (compared to the original remote), but it does still give a consistent decode (just a different one from the original).

Let me know when you have the version with the delay, and I can test that one too.

Dave
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good news Dave, I will add the delay and get back to you.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a version with delay...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4942

If the length of the delay isn't quite right, and you want to experiment with changing it yourself, you can try changing the red byte below...

Upgrade protocol 0 = 01 FF (S3C8+) iMon-Pad (PB v4.00)
43 8A 41 8B 12 8D 04 07 08 01 A1 00 00 00 00 01
8D F6 E8 00 E1 00 00 E6 10 01 E6 11 03 18 07 28
07 38 07 48 07 56 C1 03 90 C1 56 C2 30 56 C3 0C
E0 C3 56 C4 C0 B4 C1 03 B4 C2 04 B4 C3 04 B4 C4
05 F6 01 46 5C 05 C4 1C F8 F6 01 58 F6 01 0A FB
08 5A F3 46 29 01 F6 01 49 AF
End
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dave,
Have you had a chance to test the version with delay yet?
MrFSL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Greatings all Reply with quote

Do the last 2 posts on this thread apply in this situation:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=57714#57714

I am eager for a solution!

I've built a HTPC using a Hauppauge PVR-350 and a Silverstone LC-11m (equipped with the iMON usb VFD) So I have 2 ir sensors. The PVR-350 uses the lirc_i2c driver and the iMON uses lirc_imon.

I hate the iMON-PAD remote and am not interested in using it, but I do hope to use the iMON VFD plus ir receiver.

Some interesting notes:
1) Using irrecord the iMON captures key-presses from the Hauppauge remote but not vice-versa.

2) The captured key-presses from the Hauppauge don't work reliably. (i.e. some times I get nothing, sometimes it acts like mutliple key presses, etc.)

3) The outputed lircd.conf file has different hex values for key presses of the pvr-350 remote when using the hauppauge ir verses the iMON ir.

Hope this contribution helps.
dsw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

I haven't had a chance to test the version with delay yet. Some things came up at work and I've been slammed lately. I'll try to get to it this weekend.

Dave
dsw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

Sorry it took so long, but I finally got around to testing the version with delay. It also seems to work fine. The delay seems to do the right thing, and it's about the right length. I don't really have a good way of measuring the delay, but it feels like about the same amount of time as the original remote (it's probably within about 10% -- close enough).

Thanks again for all the work you've put into this!

Dave
dsw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrFSL -

The iMON VFD sensor (and it's matching iMON-Pad remote) use an IR protocol that is very different from most standard remotes.

If you have a JP1-capable remote, there are two upgrades available that will allow you to talk to the iMON sensor.

There's one from UEIC available here, and one from Rob available here.

Dave
MrFSL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

@dsw

Thank you very much.

I am currently building (modifying) a JP1 remote. I am still learning. What effect do these upgrades have on the current functions of the JP1 remote? i.e. Will the JP1 remote continue to work in all of its other functions?

MrFSL
hansdegit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ordered two URC-10820's and would very much like to use these to control my HTPC.

However, the upgrades mentioned in this thread are based on the S3C8 processor. What would I need to do to load the upgrade in the URC-10820?

Edit:
Thanks to Binky123, the upgrade is ported to HCS08. See the Notes section of this upgrade:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4942
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: