JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

6131 controlling 2 TiVo's and SageTV question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: 6131 controlling 2 TiVo's and SageTV question Reply with quote

Hi,
I've got several 6131's that I've upgraded with eproms and JP1 thanks to this great site.
I've got 2 TiVo's and have the remotes setup to control them seperately and they're working great.

I now have a SageTV PC setup as a VOD server as I have been adding all my DVD's onto the HDD. I'm using a USB-UIRT to control SageTV and I set it up to use the 6131 using one of the TiVo codes and this works perfect but ofcourse I can't leave it like this because the 6131 will be controlling a TiVo and STV (SageTV).

So my question is what code or upgrade should I use to have use of all the PVR buttons on the 6131 ? BTW, I'd like to use the AUD on the 6131 for controlling STV as a PVR.

Thanks for any help
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume this means that you can make the Sage respond to any code that you like. If that's the case, all you need to do is fire up KM or RM, select NEC1 as the protocol, enter a device code that are not otherwise used (I suggest device code 9) and then in the Functions sheet, enter unique OBCs for each of the buttons. This will create a new, unique upgrade that you can then use to train the Sage.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the question differently, maybe I missed something.

If the question was "what device button can I use so that I get all of the PVR buttons active when I'm controlling my device" and "can I use the AUD button" the answer (in reverse order) is yes, you can use the AUD button and "any device button as long as you tell the remote that the device attached to that button is a PVR"

When you tell the remote that the device is a PVR type but it's still on the AUD button, the button maps from the PVR device are used even though you're using the AUD button.

If you want to use an existing code that already has a bunch of PVR buttons in it, you could use the SA8300 DVR/cable box or one of the Dish PVR's codes (508, 510, 625, 622, etc There are plenty of them in the upgrade area)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His question was "what code or upgrade should I use to have use of all the PVR buttons on the 6131?", so I was just trying to point out that he doesn't need to use an existing upgrade, he can build a brand new one, and that upgrade can certainly use all of the available buttons on the 6131.

As for the AUX device button, if memory serves, that's an "audio" device button, so you would need to use audio mode if you don't want to break the VPT. Now, audio mode doesn't include as many buttons as PVR mode, so you would need keymoves to complete the setup. Alternatively, you could make it a PVR code anyway and use keymoves to fix the VPT.
Sam

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both, I appreciate the help.

Yeah, using the USB-UIRT with sage you can easily set it up to use any remote and any buttons on the remote to control anything in sage.

I'll try creating a new one in RM. I may have another question or two, it's been a while since I've used RM or KM.

Thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: