JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H Buttons on a 7541/7544 RDF ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
westte

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H Buttons on a 7541/7544 RDF ? Reply with quote

Hi there , many thanks again to all of you in the JP1 world , what a great thing, I have upgrade many 7541/7544 remotes to JP1 , and the other day tried to map to the custom buttons and realised that they do not appear in IR , I use IR and remotemaster and find them great m but I cant seem to find a correct Rdf with the A-H buttons on it - cheers in advance
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why the buttons are missing, but you can easily rectify the situation yourself. If your remote supports macros, create a macro that contains each of those buttons (in order) and look at it using IR.exe, it should tell you what the codes are for each button. You can then add the buttons to the RDF yourself using those codes. The codes will be reported using the decimal numbers for the codes, whereas the rest of the buttons were added to the RDF using hex codes, but this isn't a problem, just add the new buttons to the list using the decimal numbers.
westte

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick response Rob , I have found that these buttons are listed in keymoves and macros but not when I create an upgrade in remotemaster (they are not transfered to IR as part of the upgrade file - so they don't appear in device upgrade

This is the part of the rdf I am looking at

"pip freeze":A=$23,
slow:B=$24,
eject:C=$25,
rear:D=$26,
phantom1:E=$27,
phantom2:F=$28,
phantom3:G=$2D,
phantom4:H=$2E,

Is the ie $23 the key location in memory

On a different note I keep meaning to add a soft beep to my 7562 - I got carried away soemtime ago and change the red leds to blue (looks really great ) but the beep things is something I must(not for the bedroom though) as I think the beep might be alittle annoying to the wife at night)

Cheers again Robert
damir

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Create your upgrade for device type SAT/CABLE or TV and buttons A-H will appear on Devices tab in IR.

Device type of your current upgrade is probably VCR or Audio.
Buttons A-H are not part of VCR and Audio keymaps, and that's why they can't be part of device upgrade.
They are key moves, search for them on Key Moves tab in IR.
westte

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the helps guys , I have been playing , I have found that although I set the upgrade I am building in Remotemaster to SAT , when I copy to IR to wants to set it to TV, If I leave it as a TV upgrade code the A,B,C..... are there , but if I change the devide to the correct device type ie SAT it looses the A.B,C.... buttons

I have tried the macros but I am not sure which part to change in the rdf - when I do make changes to the rdf the remote will often not respond (single flash)

I have played with a few different rdfs , the one I am using is the 7541/4 euro/2k , it seems to have the A,B,C... buttons assigned as things like Pip freeze etc

I will keep working on it

Cheers Robert
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: