JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

6131 Device Assignment

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Plastic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:01 am    Post subject: 6131 Device Assignment Reply with quote

I have successfully installed the 6131 extender, and have figured out how to manually set keymoves. But I can't figure out how to assign a new device other than the ones that came set up.
I have tried to create a macro with the proper functions for device 7 and device 8 to the thumbs up and thumbs down buttons but no luck. I copied the same format I see on the other device buttons.
My macros look like
V_DEV7;T_DEV7;O_DEV7
bound to the thumbs up key.
When I try to activate it I get no response and then the remote dies. I can only guess that it goes into a loop.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
usblipitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: 6131 Device Assignment Reply with quote

Mr Plastic wrote:
V_DEV7;T_DEV7;O_DEV7
that looks correct to me from what I read in the readme file. perhaps upload your IR.txt file to the diagnostics folder and someone will take a look at it.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: 6131 Device Assignment Reply with quote

Mr Plastic wrote:
When I try to activate it I get no response and then the remote dies. I can only guess that it goes into a loop.

By "no response", do you mean the LED doesn't blink when you press the button, or the button doesn't perform the functions you think it should?

You can try the same macro on a shifted device button to see if it works. If it does, than it probably has something to do with the active key set (the Thumbs buttons belong to "Other").
usblipitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: 6131 Device Assignment Reply with quote

Mark Pierson wrote:
If it does, than it probably has something to do with the active key set (the Thumbs buttons belong to "Other").
Interesting. I thought macros were global, and once a macro was assigned to a key, it would do that same function regardless of what key group it was in or what key group was assigned to which device.

when you first set up the extender, it puts "dev7" and "dev8" on the shift-pvr and shift-dvd key. Is this just a reminder that these devices exist, or is this macro assignment important towards getting dev7 and dev8 to work?
JP1Files
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: 6131 Device Assignment Reply with quote

usblipitor wrote:
I thought macros were global, and once a macro was assigned to a key, it would do that same function regardless of what key group it was in or what key group was assigned to which device.

They are... I was simply trying to offer some troubleshooting advice since I'm not positive how the 6131 extender works. According to the readme, you should be able to use ANY button as a "device" button.

Another thing for Mr Plastic to check is to make sure there is a valid Setup Code assigned to dev7 and/or dev8 on the General tab.

Quote:
when you first set up the extender, it puts "dev7" and "dev8" on the shift-pvr and shift-dvd key.

When I tested, I didn't see those. The only macros listed are:

CBL/SAT = V_SAT;T_SAT;O_SAT
TV = V_TV;O_TV
PVR = V_TV;T_PVR;O_PVR
VCR = V_TV;T_VCR;O_VCR
DVD = V_TV;T_DVD;O_DVD
AUD = V_AUD;T_AUD;O_AUD
Mr Plastic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies but your suggestions didn't work. I tried the shifted key to a current device key and same result.
I have upload the tx. file to the Yahoo diagnostic area and would appreciate if you could see what I am doing wrong.
The remote doesn't light up at all therefore no signal is emitted.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how the extender handles this, but the Thumbs buttons appear to only be available in the VCR mode key map. They're also defined in your VCR/0614 upgrade assigned to the PVR button.

Looking at your device macros, the VCR key map is only active in the PVR device (it's the only one that contains an O_VCR command). What happens if you first select the PVR device and then press one of the Thumbs buttons?
Mr Plastic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa thanks for the quick response!!!
Well it's working fine now. I am not sure what I was doing yesterday, I am just getting into extenders and the 6131 frustrates me with the manual keymoves. Some how I must've done something wrong.
The file I uploaded is without all the keymoves and just the device macros. And it some how works. Now I have to figure out all those keymoves again.
I tried the PVR device key then thumbs up dev8 and it works.
One question I do have is that when i do manual keymoves and upload to the remote it doesn't show in the keymove area of IR. But I save the file and it seems to remeber it.
Thanks again for all the imput.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Plastic wrote:
The file I uploaded is without all the keymoves and just the device macros.

The file I downloaded is full of key moves.

Quote:
One question I do have is that when i do manual keymoves and upload to the remote it doesn't show in the keymove area of IR. But I save the file and it seems to remeber it.

You're confusing me (not hard to do). Did you mean to say "do manual keymoves and DOWNLOAD from the remote"?. If you did manual key moves on the remote, but never downloaded to IR (to preserve them), they would be erased with the next upload.
Mr Plastic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great answer Mark. The macros on the thumbs up and thumbs down were not active until I press the PVR device button. I see three signals emitted the first time, after an download, I press the thumbs up button and then the Power button, after pressing the PVR device button. After that they work fine.
Now if I can just figure out the manual keymoves I can get to the macros I really want Very Happy
I also elimated the button assignments in the 614 upgrade but I don't think that was the trick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: