JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Unit # not processed for ReplayTV (Official) in RM 1.78
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sfhub

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
For anyone else reading this, please note that this protocol will ONLY work with the 15-2116 and 15-2117 remotes.

Quote:
[ReplayTV (15-2116)]
PID=01 92
CmdTranslator=Translator(0,8,0)
CmdParms=OBC=0
Notes=official version hacked
DevParms=Device Code=1,Unit Code=0
DeviceTranslator=Translator(0,8,8 ) Translator(1,8,16)
FixedData=e0 01 00
DefaultCmd=00
CmdIndex=0
Code.S3C80=47 93 31 8B 13 CF 85 40 08 04 00 DE 00 00 00 00 00 CA 0D BF 05 35 01 A8 8D 7A 3B

Thanks a bunch Rob, the best of both worlds, 1-byte device upgrade and small protocol upgrade.

I did need to make one change to get it to work. Since this is now a 1-byte protocol I changed the CmdIndex to 0 instead of 1 so the EFC conversions wouldn't hang RM.

My net memory savings are 5 + 13 (KM+Dev) = 18 bytes.

So is this new protocol essentially setting up the 2-bytes then calling the existing builtin protocol? I think the same technique would work for 8910/9910 also.

In any event, I like it a lot. My device upgrade memory is lower due to using a 1-byte device upgrade (with side benefit of keymove savings), unit code functionality is preserved, and I don't need to pay the full penalty of the larger Simple protocol upgrade when my remote already has the functionality builtin.

Any chance this could be added to KM/RM or is this something I'd need to merge everytime there is a new version?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sfhub wrote:
So is this new protocol essentially setting up the 2-bytes then calling the existing builtin protocol? I think the same technique would work for 8910/9910 also.

Yes.

sfhub wrote:
Any chance this could be added to KM/RM or is this something I'd need to merge everytime there is a new version?

There's no reason to add a one-off item like this to KM, and I'm not too keen to permanently add it to RM either. The problem is, when you give people too many choices, they tend to get confused, so I'm not too keen to add yet another ReplayTV choice that will appear in everybody's drop down.
sfhub

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

sfhub wrote:

There's no reason to add a one-off item like this to KM, and I'm not too keen to permanently add it to RM either. The problem is, when you give people too many choices, they tend to get confused, so I'm not too keen to add yet another ReplayTV choice that will appear in everybody's drop down.

Don't get me wrong, I can merge it in as new versions come out, but if user confusion is the main issue it can be labeled experimental, remote specific, or something appropriate so it doesn't show up with the regular ReplayTV stuff. If bloating is the issue, then I understand.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: