JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Guide to identifying Atlas remotes/rdfs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes these are recognizable, and the remote also has quite a few EFC style Key moves on setup code Video 1516, which is typically a Sony DVD player. So I could guess the digit button numbers from those.

But every button which hasn't been yet identified has to be entered into a macro. I think you can probably do 10 buttons per macro.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:

For anyone with a Widget, there is probably an easier way to find the button numbers for these remotes. Take out a battery, wait a minute or so, reinsert the battery and then quickly (within about 5 seconds) press buttons 1 and 3 together. Don't hold one down then press the other, they both need to be pressed, as far as possible, simultaneously. An LED should flash 4 times. The remote has now entered Test Mode. In this mode, every button (including special ones like device buttons) sends an NEC1 signal in which the OBC is one less than the button number. So with a Widget you can just read off the button numbers one by one. Test Mode times out after a period of about 30 seconds with no button pressed.

I only know this for certain on the Atlas 1056B03, but Test Mode exists (though the two buttons you have to press are different, see this post) on my entirely different URC-7781. I suspect all UEI remotes have this mode, though the way to enter it may vary slightly. I would be surprised if it were not the same way, though, on all Atlas remotes and similar clones.

Cool! Just tried this on my JP1.2 and JP1.3 Comcast, JP1.2 Atlas, and JP1.3 RCA RCRP05b bench remotes, and it worked. It didn't work with my older JP1 Cinema 7 URC-7800.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Cool! Just tried this on my JP1.2 and JP1.3 Comcast, JP1.2 Atlas, and JP1.3 RCA RCRP05b bench remotes, and it worked. It didn't work with my older JP1 Cinema 7 URC-7800.

Thanks, Vicky, I'm glad to know the same entry method for Test Mode works on this selection of remotes. I'm also pleased that at last someone has shown an interest in Test Mode as I've mentioned it in several posts in the past (that I can't now find Sad ) but it never created any interest.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've uploaded a candidate RDF file for the URC-1060BC2. It borrows from the URC-1060BC1 RDF prepared by mdavej, but using data provided by yjk5561.

Lee, the button numbers coincide for the ones you've already found, so it may not be necessary to use macros to find all the button numbers. The ones in the RDF file will probably work.
yjk5561

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
I've uploaded a candidate RDF file for the URC-1060BC2. It borrows from the URC-1060BC1 RDF prepared by mdavej, but using data provided by yjk5561.

Lee, the button numbers coincide for the ones you've already found, so it may not be necessary to use macros to find all the button numbers. The ones in the RDF file will probably work.

Many thanks to 3FG (Dave) for putting together this new candidate RDF file for the 1060BC2 JP2 remote. I tried the candidate RDF file and basic uploading and downloading via RMIR seemed OK. However, imported device upgrades that worked well for previous version of this remote (URC-1060 or 1060BC1 Charter C4000 JP1.3) don't seem to be recognized by the intended devices (e.g. DVD player etc) anymore.

I used 994 to manually assign functions to some keys using published advanced codes to verify that they do work for the intended device. However, after uploading the content of this remote via RMIR, the keys shown under the KeyMoves Tap appeared to have different hex and EFC values than the corresponding ones (under the Devices tap) that I used to manually program into the remote via 994 in the first place. For example, “REC” key shows EFC5 00081 and Hex 68 under Devices Tap but EFC5 19092 and Hex 00 51 under KeyMoves Tap (for device 1516, Sony DVD). Does any one know why they are different? Dave suspected "that one line involving EFCs in the RDF needs to be changed" and suggested that one of the experts on this forum may know how to fix the candidate RDF file at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11402

Last edited by yjk5561 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I neglected to ask you to upload the RMIR file so that any of us can try to see the behavior in detail.
yjk5561

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
I neglected to ask you to upload the RMIR file so that any of us can try to see the behavior in detail.

I placed the RMIR test file in the Diagnosis Area:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11413

Thanks,
Lee
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've edited the candidate RDF to include the line
Code:
AdvCodeFormat=EFC
You can see that the hex data for D [Green] in the Keymoves tab is 00 82 which is 130 decimal. Looking on the Devices/Functions form, we see that the listed EFC is 130. So I think it is storing keymoves in EFC format. I hope that a fresh download using the revised RDF will give better results.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Code:
AdvCodeFormat=EFC
You can see that the hex data for D [Green] in the Keymoves tab is 00 82 which is 130 decimal. Looking on the Devices/Functions form, we see that the listed EFC is 130. So I think it is storing keymoves in EFC format. I hope that a fresh download using the revised RDF will give better results.

Eww, they went back to that flawed format where EFC's can't exceed 2^8. Yuck.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky,
Not necessarily. The URC-2056 is a JP1.4 remote that stores keymoves in EFC format, but actually uses 17 bits, and so for the 2056, the format isn't flawed. It can keep straight whether the EFC is intended for a 1 byte or 2 byte executor.

If the 1060BC2 is in reality storing the keymoves in EFC form, I think it is reasonable to expect that it will also work correctly.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 3fg, I'm going to have to get some of this new technology to play with, although I have a lifetime supply of JP1 remotes. Never ever want to run out.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
yjk5561

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Code:
AdvCodeFormat=EFC

The extra line "AdvCodeFormat=EFC" does seem to help as the EFC / Hex values for keys under the the KeyMoves Tap appear to be the same as the corresponding ones under the Devices tap now. However, if I delete all the keys under the the KeyMoves Tap and keep all the keys under the Devices tap, the intended device (Sony DVD/BD player) only responds to those remote buttons activated by factory/built-in setting. For example, under the remote built-in setup code of 1516 (actually 21516) for Sony, the "play" button is active when pressed (as confirmed by device button LED blinking once) but the "green" button is not active when pressed (device button LED does not blink) . The upgrade key settings (including green button) worked well for the JP1.3 version of this remote in the past but apparently don't work for the JP2 version anymore. Unfortunately, I sold my older Sony BD player with that JP1.3 remote.

When I changed device code of 1516 under the Devices tap to a non-factory value of say 2516 and uploaded and then downloaded via RMIR, the 2516 was automatically forced back to the factory default of 0503 for DVD. When I changed 2516 back to 1516 under the Devices tap, the upload/download operations did not force 1516 back to factory default 0503. I tried 2 identical JP2 remotes but no luck so far and would appreciate if anyone can think of something worth trying...
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first reaction is that the RDF file is incorrect in some way, and the remote resets itself after an upload. That would explain the setup code reverting to 0503, and why it only sends buttons which were in the factory setup code. Can you do some experiments to see if the remote will accept and keep any upload? I'd start with a simple upgrade-- no keymoves. macros, etc.

Download from the remote, save the RMIR file, add a simple upgrade (just a few functions), save the RMIR file, upload, download, and compare. If the upload "sticks", then try macros, and then keymoves.
topcat0131

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Atlas OCAP URC 1056 Signature Reply with quote

I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I have two Atlas OCAP URC 1056 remotes, one I bought off ebay a few years ago and a second is from the cable company [Cableone]. I have already uploaded the ebay remote [using RMIR v2.02a] with the changes I wanted to make that remote work with my system [works fine], but the cableone remote doesn't corporate as well. I get err "No RFD matches signature starting 2010" when I try to download. I get err "writeRemote returned -1" when trying to upload the new .rmir file. I have uploaded the raw download from the cableone remote here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12350

Any help/directions will be greatly appreciated. TIA

Terry[/url]
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you try an upload an image for another remote to one with a different signature. I hope the 1056b03 still works

I think this is the ref you need
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10174

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: