JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Guide to identifying Atlas remotes/rdfs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a couple of options:

1: remove the stickers as Cap'n has suggested

2: edit your RDF for this remote and rename the buttons (this is not that hard, it's only in one spot)

3: just ignore it and remember that the buttons are a bit off

The Atlas support is a real pain in the neck in that UEI and the cable companies are changing the button names all over the place. Generic support in RDF's is essentially impossible given this situation.
StillLearning

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand, I wasn't complaining I was just pointing out that with this remote one needs to be aware that the keys defs in the RDF may need to be changed.

I did just that I edited the RDF button names. No problem.

Capn Trips:

No the HELP button is there so that when my wife pushes it a dozen times and nothing happens she calls me for help. Twisted Evil

Just kidding
CalgaryBen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
A confusing mess it is, since AFAIK we have NOT seen learning variants of the 3032 and 3033 URC-1055's, nor a NON-learning or NON-backlit version of the URC-1056 (silver). Surprised

Capn Trips - I see your spreadsheet and the thread here suggests that the 3033 URC-1055s are non-learning. The current remote being shipped with cable boxes sold by Shaw Cablesystems here in Canada are 11055BA2's with the 30333033 signature, and it's a learning remote. If you would like one, PM me and I'll mail one out to you.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully, the spreadsheet suggests that I was UNAWARE of a learning variant of the 1055, not that I calim that there IS NONE.

I will add it to the spreadsheet. The extra 1 in front of the model number matches previous 1055 learning variants. (11055).

(Of course, UEIC uses a DIFFERENT labelling technique to differentiate between the learning and non-learning 1056's Evil or Very Mad )

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)

Last edited by Capn Trips on Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalgaryBen wrote:
The current remote being shipped with cable boxes sold by Shaw Cablesystems here in Canada are 11055BA2's with the 30333033 signature, and it's a learning remote.
Am I correct in assuming that this is the battery compartment label and not sillkscreened on the back of the remote itself?

Also, I presume this remote is NOT backlit. Correct?

I updated the chart with those presumptions.

DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Amazon Firestick
CalgaryBen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
CalgaryBen wrote:
The current remote being shipped with cable boxes sold by Shaw Cablesystems here in Canada are 11055BA2's with the 30333033 signature, and it's a learning remote.
Am I correct in assuming that this is the battery compartment label and not sillkscreened on the back of the remote itself?

Also, I presume this remote is NOT backlit. Correct?

I updated the chart with those presumptions.

Correct on both assumptions!

I'll see if I can find more samples of remotes within our building to check for variations. Shaw doesn't have any OCAP or backlit models AFAIK.

As an aside, if we're looking at stickers in the battery compartment, there is a correlation between the production date and the model/signature. For example, I have these 3 in front of me:
sig=10251025, model=11055BC0, mfg code=C054203
sig=30003000, model=11055BA1, mfg code=A064001
sig=30333033, model=11055BA2, mfg code=A071402

In the mfg code, the first letter is the factory code (not sure what they translate to though), the next two digits is the year, the two digits after that are the week, and then the last two digits represent the revision level of the latest engineering BOM revision.

By being able to look at the label, one should be able to cross-reference and determine the signature without even connecting to the JP1.3.

Ben
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn,

I think my dad just got a new OCAP. The Charter cable model number is C4000 OCAP IPTV. The battery compartment has 1060BC1-0582-003-R. HERE's the manual. I won't get my hands on it for about another week, so I don't know the signature yet. Have you seen this new model?

Dave

Last edited by mdavej on Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
speaker.guy
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej:
It is a JP1.x???
Alas, no PIP controls....[/list]
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does have pip controls. The C4000 pic in the manual accurately shows them. The image in my post is actually it's sibling the S4000, sans pip buttons, the closest thing I could find. I assume it's JP1.3. My dad confirmed the pins, but can't make out what's printed by them. Appears to have pretty much the same buttons as a 1056. I'm trying to put together a starter rdf/map/image based on the 1056 as we speak.

EDIT: Complete RDF, Map and Image for the Charter OCAP C4000, a.k.a. URC-1060, are HERE. Thanks to the expert who did most of the work.

I like the look and button layout of this remote, but the memory is pretty paltry, and it's not learning. Nice to have an RDF for it though.

Last edited by mdavej on Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had seen pictures of it some time ago on the UEIC cable remote support web page but nobody had reported having one, and I had no access to one (nor any particular specific interest). It's not an Atlas, so probably doesn't belong in this thread, although in all likelihood it will bear internal similarities to the Atlas. There are several other new remotes (the 2 Titans up at the top of the page) there that we have not seen, but I'd bet that they are all JP 1.3.

It'll be interesting to see whether this one is easy to add to the JP1 pantheon of programmable remotes.

A look through the manual shows that it is the C4000 that has PIP buttons and the S4000 (pictured) that does not.

However, it's only a difference in LABELLING of buttons, the layout and number of buttons is the same. The bottom 6 buttons on the C4000 have a video select function and PIP controls while on the S4000 they appear to have provider-specific functions or macros (DTV, Phone, Help, Music, Promo and Media labels).

It does differ from the Atlas OCAP 1056 in having one fewer device button, lacks a "Settings" buton, lacks the variously-labelled F1 and F2 buttons and has a "System ON/Off" button. So I'd expect it to have a significantly different RDF than the 1056.

When you get your hands on it, the first thing to do is download a clean EEPROM image and save it. If it tries to use an existing RDF but gives you problems or cannot find an RDF, in IR's Advanced Tab, enable Raw Download and use the new "Raw Download" radio button to download the image and save the IR file. Then on the Raw Data tab, you can see what its RDF signature is and start the process of building an RDF for it.

Amazon Firestick
gregnash

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I went to my local Charter shop to exchange out my old Atlas XL remote for one of the new HDTv remotes hoping that I would get one of the S4000/C4000 remotes. Unfortunately, I did not. I got something very similar but I cannot seem to find the model number on it.

The sticker on the inside of the battery compartment says...
UR4-MDVR-CHD2 (on top of the barcode) Looks like this is the model that is now being used by Charter in my area... Link to product page
http://www.universalremote.com/product_detail.php?model=120
M35806093623145

EDIT: Cap'n is right, This IS NOT a UEIC remote. Rather something similar produced by URC which apparently has a communication station to do similar programming like we can do with JP1. HOWEVER, this is not a JP1 remote.... Bummer Sad

Last edited by gregnash on Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JP1 remotes are manufatured by Universal Electronics (UEIC), while your remote is manufactured by Universal Remote Control (URC), a completely different compny, unrelated to UEIC and JP1 remotes.

The confusion arises because many UEIC remotes have model numbers that start with the letters "URC", like the URC 6131 or URC 10820.

Adding even more to the confusion, the Cable remote support page from UEIC's http address is: http://www.urcsupport.com/index.php

Even though "URC" is in its name, it's a UEIC site, not a URC site.

These are NOT manufactured by URC, but by UEIC.

Amazon Firestick
bizwiz41

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Atlas Remote ABS P5091-1(?) Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm a newbie here, and wondering if anyone has heard of a serial number ABS P5091-1 for an Atlas remote?

I'm shopping on E-Bay, and trying to wade through these differences.

Thanks for any input.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post a link to the ebay listing and one of us might be able to tell you which version it is.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you're shopping ebay, THIS is a very nice JP1.3 remote. It's smaller and better looking than an atlas IMO, has learning, backlight, device specific macros, and 4 phantom devices for a total of 8 devices. The only drawback is there is no extender for it. HERE's the RDF.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: