JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

OFA 8811 is a Learning Remote?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
StevenT

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:57 pm    Post subject: OFA 8811 is a Learning Remote? Reply with quote

The 8811 is promoted as a "learning remote" and has L1, L2, etc keys on it, however, there is no mention in its user guide about learning IR commands from another remote. In contrast, the user guide for the 8910, which is also promoted as a learning remote, discusses how to learn an IR command from another remote conrol unit.

1) Is the 8811 capable of learning an IR command from another remote?
2) If yes to above, how does one do this? Unfortunatley, the instructions on how to do this for the 8910 can't be followed for the 8811 as the 8910 relies on the use of its LCD screen to accomplish the learning procedure (which the 8811 does not have).

Thanks
Steve
usblipitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: OFA 8811 is a Learning Remote? Reply with quote

StevenT wrote:
however, there is no mention in its user guide about learning IR commands from another remote.
I'm looking right at it. It says to press and hold the set button until you get two short LED flashes, then press 9-7-5, then press a device key, then press a key you want to learn to, then the LED should rapidly flash. Take your other OEM remote, point it head to head with the 8811 and press and hold the OEM key you wish to learn until you get two short flashes again. You can press a device key and a key to learn to again and learn more keys now. when you are done, press and hold the set key again.

check your instructions again. it is in there. really. Smile
usblipitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to the 8811 manual. Look in the sixth column, third line from the top, where it says: "Programming a Learning Key"

Happy Holidays,
-Steve

StevenT

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.

I double checked, and there is no mention of how to work the learning feature in the manual that came with the remote. My remote is definitely an 8811 (as printed on the back of the remote), so I'm guessing the wrong manual was mistakenly paired with the remote.

Now I should be able to fine tune some of the tivo codes.
Steve
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a model number printed in the manual anywhere? Does the picture of the remote in the manual look like the remote that you have? My guess is that you got a URC-8011 manual instead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: