JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Missing OBC values in the protocol?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a couple of bin files in the other thread here where Robman posted a couple of bins for a JU and a PL Slingbox. There are actually 2 other Slingbox types PK and RV as well. They should be listed in the Remotes drop-down list in RM.

I use the java version of RM and not the executable version with a built-in runtime library. So try to download the java version.
nuvolona

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I got RM to work, and I converted the rdmu you were referring to, into my slingbox format. Anyway, that file it's pretty the same as the files uploaded by Robman, with less function and anyway the ONLY key that works in the slingbox is the 0 KEY, which has the function to bring you to the past visited channel. I think we have to work again.... Rolling Eyes
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, which Slingbox Remote did you choose? Also, can you use WinLIRC to record the signals of the virtual remote key that works and the ones that don't work?
nuvolona

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

binky123 wrote:
ok, which Slingbox Remote did you choose?

In Slingbox configuration ----> Audio/Video setup... at the Television Source point I chose "satellite or free to air receiver" then "Other, not in the list" then in the control code setup, I put S1237, sure that the appropriate bin was in the SBAV directory. At different times, I tried all the bin's in download section.. and I mean, JU and PL made by Rodman and also I converted the one we were talking about before, I converted it to both JU and PL and tried all of them, and they all gave me the same result, with just the 0 key working in the way I explained you. My dreambox is a 7020 and my Slingbox an AV USA model.

binky123 wrote:
Also, can you use WinLIRC to record the signals of the virtual remote key that works and the ones that don't work?

Can you instruct me on how to do that... ? I have to attach on COM1/COM2 my serial IR adapter and then.... ?
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with the slingbox but which slingbox remote bin file caused the "0" key to work? You are saying all the bin files worked on the slingbox and all only had the "0" key working?

Is it possible that the slingbox is not using any of the bins or it is misreading the bin formats? Is it possible you are not uploadng the bins in binary format but instead in text format so the slingbox is misreading the file?

You should be able to use WinLIRC in RAW mode to capture the IR signal just like you did in the other thread. You should probably be posting in that other thread as this one is not really related to the Slingbox.
nuvolona

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday when I came back home the 0 key did not work anymore! I probably loaded a bin that compromised something in the IR. On the top of that, when the 0 key was working, the situation was indeed strange, cause I loaded many bin files and apparently no one had a real effect (beside the 1st one I loaded) since always only the 0 key was working. Maybe I overloaded the IR database inside my slingbox? So i don't really know which bin caused that 0 key to respond... since I made some bins also by myself using RM and modifying the 2 rmdu in the upload.
Now I have tried everything, reset the slingbox and try to load again all the bin's I have here... but I can't get the 0 key to work anymore. Tonight I will do some tests with winlirc and slingbox ir, as you asked me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: