JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Motorola DCT6416 III Codes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
texasez

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Motorola DCT6416 III Codes Reply with quote

Does any have the codes or know how to get the dct6416 to work with the slingbox. I can do all the fuctions but cannot view recorded shows. I can view the list of recorded shows but whenever I select the show to be viewed, I see the bar at the bottom showing view time but the only picture I can see is the currently selected channel.
Any ideas?
Larry
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm betting that this upgrade, for the DCT6412 box, is close enough:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1560

I can predict your next question... "What do I do with that file?" and the answer to that question is in the sticky thread at the top of this forum.
texasez

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After several hours of downloads, installs, reading quides, etc. I got the 6412 upgrade file installed on my slingbox. It does not work on the dct6416. Any other ideas on where to find a correct code for the dct6416?
Larry
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you 100% sure you did it correctly? I would be very surprised to hear that the DCT6416 and DCT6412 don't share the same remote codes, as they even share the same user manual...

http://www.grandecom.net/site-file.php?fid=43
texasez

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not 100% sure it was correct but the code used in the upgrade was the same that i inputed into the slingbox and it control the slingbox except for being able to view recordings, fast forward and reverse, and the other dvr functions.
It appears to be the same as the comcast 6412 remote that is include with the slingbox.
I am getting no help from Slingbox and I am not getting replies except from you. Surely someone has the dct6416 besides me and has it working on the slingbox.
Any other ideas?
Larry
Evan_s

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 99% sure that all the motorola boxes use the same remote codes. The 6412 upgrade is definitely the right file since the last 2 digits of the model number only indicated the hd size. A 6416 is the same box just with a 160gb hd instead of 120gb hd.

How do you have your slingbox hooked up to the cable box? Does it work if you control it manually with the comcast remote? Does it work if you hook up a tv using the same connection instead of the sling box?

At the very least the code has the protocol and Id's correct if it's able to control other functions like channel up and down etc.

The fact that you see the bottom timeline bar but not the expected video makes me think it's either a problem with your box or the way you have things connected and not with the control codes. If the control codes were wrong I would expect no response or the wrong response, EG the channel goes up instead of down, not what seems to be a partial response.
texasez

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using a slingbox pro with a Slingbox HD connect cable.
I have 3 video cables and 2 audio cables running from the cable box to the slingbox and then to the TV. The tv cables were unchanged so I assume they are correct. The other cables were color coded so I can hope they are correct. However, I am not located where the slingbox is located so I cannot check them. If one of the video cables is crossed would that effect the way that the recorded programs are handled? It is odd that I can do all program functions except watch a recorded program.
I do not remember if i watched a recorded program on slingbox before I left. When I return home I will further investigate the cable hook ups.
What is you opinion about two of the video cables being crossed and the effect on the tv and slingbox. I know the picture on the tv was ok before i left home but I don't remember if I tested the record feature.
thanks
larry
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your previous post you said...
texasez wrote:
After several hours of downloads, installs, reading quides, etc. I got the 6412 upgrade file installed on my slingbox. It does not work on the dct6416. Any other ideas on where to find a correct code for the dct6416?
Larry

Which definitely implies that the DCT6412 upgrade does not work your DCT6416 (ie, it doesn't do anything at all).

Then in your next post you say...
texasez wrote:
.. the code used in the upgrade was the same that i inputed into the slingbox and it control the slingbox except for being able to view recordings, fast forward and reverse, and the other dvr functions.
It appears to be the same as the comcast 6412 remote that is include with the slingbox.

Which implies that the upgrade DOES work but that some of the buttons were still missing, which is a BIG difference.

When you tested the upgrade, how did you load it into the Slingbox? Did you use the "other" option or did you select "Motorola"? I just want to be sure you didn't end up re-testing the supplied code.

At any rate, here's a better upgrade that includes a few extra buttons (A,B,C,Help, P-Lock, 30 sec skip):
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3840
Evan_s

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texasez wrote:
I am using a slingbox pro with a Slingbox HD connect cable.
I have 3 video cables and 2 audio cables running from the cable box to the slingbox and then to the TV. The tv cables were unchanged so I assume they are correct. The other cables were color coded so I can hope they are correct. However, I am not located where the slingbox is located so I cannot check them. If one of the video cables is crossed would that effect the way that the recorded programs are handled? It is odd that I can do all program functions except watch a recorded program.
I do not remember if i watched a recorded program on slingbox before I left. When I return home I will further investigate the cable hook ups.
What is you opinion about two of the video cables being crossed and the effect on the tv and slingbox. I know the picture on the tv was ok before i left home but I don't remember if I tested the record feature.
thanks
larry

That is called component and if the video cables were hooked up incorrectly then there would be no video anywhere or more likely colors would be off everywhere. The fact that it's only the recorded video playback that is having problems and that it acts like it is playing back by displaying the bar at the bottom is a clear indication to me it has to be something in the cable box causing the problem.

To your slingbox or your TV video is video and on demand, vs live, vs recorded tv isn't going to make a difference. The only place where there would be a difference is in the cable box.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not having one of these boxes, I'm not really following the discussion too closely, but I do have one suggestion: make sure that your box can do what you want it to do when you are standing in front of it using the remote before you try to get it to do something using the Slingbox. That way we'll know whether it's a setup issue on the box itself or in the Slingbox.
speaker.guy
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember. if one of the component video cables is loose (not sure which from this remote location), you get nothing!
ozfritz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also recently upgraded to a Motorola DCT6416 DVR and my slingbox remote will not do anything. None of the alternate codes from slingbox and neither of the codes listed in this thread work. Has anyone found any codes that will work for the Motorola DCT6416?
texasez

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be sure and download the software updates and you will find the correct remote for the moto
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texasez wrote:
Be sure and download the software updates and you will find the correct remote for the moto

Can we assume from this that you were finally able to load the upgrade that we provided to you and it worked? This is your first post since the last round of help that we gave you back in July, so we never found out if you got it to work.
ozfritz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I am a different person than who originally posted this thread. I have never been able to control any aspect of my Motorola DCT6416.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: