JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

An Atlas DVR (day) IR/RF remote?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These look like the 1056BC version I mention in the Atlas remotes general info sticky post. If you get those, I'd be interested in getting 1 or 2 of them from you. Sale or barter, I'm flexible.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

binky123 wrote:
I didn't see the same error but saw a "string not terminated" error. Anyway, I changed the multimacro to OnDemand instead of "on demand" and I was able to get rid of the error and IR started up correctly.

MultiMacro buttons allow multiple macro entries to be assigned to that button so you can use IR to create another macro on that same button. IR allows up to 3 macros but I think the remote manual says it can have up to 5.
I made that change, but it alone did not help. I went through and "cleaned up" a few other things and now the rdf is accepted in IR. Also, if I select the rdf and download from the remote, the displayed info is correct - except for the multimacros. The manual does indeed say that one can have up to five multimacros on each of the three buttons.

Ought the multimacros not appear on the "SCAN/FAV" tab? Their behaviour is precisely that of the old "FAV" buttons on the 15-2116 and 8910. This tab doesn't even exist in this remote's IR display. Is there an RDF tweak to enable this display in IR?

Also, when downloading from the remote, IR automatically selects the more recently-used 30333033 RDF. I would expect IR to notice that there are TWO 30333033 RDFs and ask me to slect which one I want (as it has in other circumstances in the past). How do I tweak the RDFs to get this behaviour in IR?

DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Amazon Firestick
Evan_s

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
These look like the 1056BC version I mention in the Atlas remotes general info sticky post. If you get those, I'd be interested in getting 1 or 2 of them from you. Sale or barter, I'm flexible.

I hadn't planned on keeping all 6 remotes in the lot so I'll put you at the top of the list when I've decided which ones I'm going to keep around and part with.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not seeing the same behaviors in IR that you are seeing.

SCAN/FAV, I believe, starts a timer and cycles thru all the macros until a key is pressed. MultiMacros are different in that a timer is not started but the macro sequence position is retained so the next button press toggles to or triggers the next macro in sequence.

I have the original 3033 .IR files and when I select to load one of these, IR does prompt me to select between the Original RDF and the OCAP RDF. Somehow, your IR version is not seeing the two RDFs.

I will modify the original 3033 RDF to include your button name changes so we only have one 3033 RDF. It should end up similar to how the 6820/8820/10820 work with different images but the same RDF.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

binky123 wrote:
I'm not seeing the same behaviors in IR that you are seeing.

SCAN/FAV, I believe, starts a timer and cycles thru all the macros until a key is pressed. MultiMacros are different in that a timer is not started but the macro sequence position is retained so the next button press toggles to or triggers the next macro in sequence.
OK. I admit no real familiarity with either FAV/SCAN or Mini-Macros, but how should IR handle mini-macros? Right now, it only displays the first such stored mini-macro assigned to a particular button as a regular macro and no other. Should it not display and allow modification of ALL of them?
binky123 wrote:

I have the original 3033 .IR files and when I select to load one of these, IR does prompt me to select between the Original RDF and the OCAP RDF. Somehow, your IR version is not seeing the two RDFs.
Hmmmm - so what do I do to IR or either RDF to fix this?
binky123 wrote:

I will modify the original 3033 RDF to include your button name changes so we only have one 3033 RDF. It should end up similar to how the 6820/8820/10820 work with different images but the same RDF.

OK, but there are six buttons that are completely different. How do those get handled in a single rdf?

Code:
1055:SETTINGS = 1056:MENU;
1055:phantom3 = 1056:SETTINGS
1055:phantom1 = 1056:D
1055:TuneIn1 = 1056:F1
1055:TuneIn2  = 1056:OnDemand
1055:TuneIn3  = 1056:F2

Amazon Firestick

Last edited by Capn Trips on Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:12 am; edited 1 time in total
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn, what does the official documentation for the Ocap model call your onDemand button? For RDF's that will be official rdfs, that's probably the labeling you'll want to go with.

In the printed documentation for the Atlas Day models the OnDemand button is called Tuner2. That will be the least confusing in the long run.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the OCAP manual from UEIC's urcsupport page, they are, from left to right:
F1,
On Demand, and
F2
In the manual, the On Demand key is treated separately and the other two are called Macro Keys, but my testing indicates that all behave the same way, just like the TuneIn keys on the 1054 and 1055 remotes. (I intend to test other keys to see if they behave like "regular" keys with macros, or as "multi-macro" keys, as well)

As for the Atlas 5-Device PVR remotes (1054 and 1055) they share the same manual on that website, and those buttons are unlabelled, but described as follows:
Quote:
Reserved for use as Tune-In keys
and most rdfs refer to them as TuneIn1 through TuneIn3.

So that's what I'd go with.

(My problem is that I personalise many rdf's to my personal taste after downloading them when I don't care for a particular naming convention, and then when I write about them here, I often forget that I may not be referring to the "official" rdf nomenclature.) Rolling Eyes

Amazon Firestick
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little MultiMacro history might help here. The MultiMacro key first appeared on the Navigator remotes. There were 3 keys for this that were labelled differently on each Navigator, and each could hold 3 macros.

The macros themselves were simply stored along with other macros & keymoves. Some unused bits in the macro were used to flag the 1st, 2nd or 3rd macro. The total number of macros on each of the keys was stored elsewhere in the EEPROM. The original Navigator stored the current macro pointer in RAM, but later versions stored that info in the EEPROM.

The MutliMacros support was added to IR to accomodate the Navigators. You simply created three separate macros (bound to the same key) in IR, and IR was supposed to tag them as 1st, 2nd or 3rd, and update the control byte(s) as needed. I'm not sure this was ever thoroughly tested.

Later, other remotes,, such as the SA-7 Atlas started having the MultiMacro feature, but IR has never been updated for the more recent remotes with this feature that allow more than 3 macros per key. The support in IR is complicated by the fact that there are several different storage methods used.

Yes, the MultiMacros seem on the surface to be similar to the FAV key on other remotes, but the internal storage methods are completely different, which might nake it tough to move the functionality over to the Fav list area.

As to the naming of those keys in the RDF, I have tended toward calling them Macro1, Macro2, etc., though F1, F2, F3 works just as well. Remember, they will be labelled differently for every cable company.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_d_p_gumby wrote:

As to the naming of those keys in the RDF, I have tended toward calling them Macro1, Macro2, etc., though F1, F2, F3 works just as well. Remember, they will be labelled differently for every cable company.
Roger that, but I believe the suggestion to go with UEIC's basic nomenclature (pre-cable-company-tailoring) ought to be the logical default way to go.

Amazon Firestick
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: