JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

An Atlas DVR (day) IR/RF remote?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
careh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speaker.guy wrote:
I have done macros on A B C (and any other key, including device keys)without difficulty on a 10251025 and 30003000

What key sequence did you use? On the MTS remote I only get the macro 'confirmation' double flash when I press the power button.

Once the rdf file is ready I will try building a macro in ir and sending it to the remote - maybe that will work?
careh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Even if they have restricted macros to the MASTER POWER button for normal people, chances are good that JP1 users can program macros to most of the other buttons.

So, what is it that you are trying to do, are you just trying to get the keycodes for the last few buttons? Have you tried taking the remote apart? Sometimes they print the keycodes on the PCB. When they do, they use octal format, so what you need to do is convert the number from octal to decimal and then add 1. For example, if the printed code is S02, the decimal keycode would be 3, and if the printed code is S10, the decimal keycode would be 9.

Also, it's quite possible that those three buttons can also handle macros, so you should ry programming macros onto those buttons as a possible way of getting their keycodes.

Right now I have just completed extracting all the key codes to send to binky123 so he can build the rdf file. I believe he now has all the keycodes to build that file.

My end goal is to be able to have this remote control a Toshiba TV (the remote has that tv code in its tables so that one is easy) and a (shudder) Pioneer 5 disk DVD player / receiver that my relative has - along with their MTS TV service. I had originally hoped the new MTS remote would have the Pioneer code built in - but alas that was not the case.

That Pioneer unit has been a real challenge.

I have another friend who has a different Pioneer VCR/DVD combo unit model: DVR-RT502-s & I am also trying to setup a JP1 remote for that unit. I saw on this site that the Pioneer's can be quite the challenge - and these two sure are -for me!!.
careh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

binky123 has posted the rdf file for the MTS remote at:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4751
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as a cautionary note, the rdf downloads with underscores replacing all of the spaces for me (Win XP MCE and IE 7.0).

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8511

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hocwww wrote:
Capn, The remote is the one you pictured. I hope to get the last of the parts and make the cable over the lond holiday weekend. Then I will get the signature off the remote and anything else that you guys need.

Speaker guy, I got the remote from TWC in Rochester NY with my SA 8300HD DVR. New TWC customer was with Dish forever...

I don't think TWC will sell me these remotes but I guess I could ask, being a cables company they like to rent them. Smile
So, hocwww,

Have you had any luck downloading an image from your new remote?

DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Amazon Firestick
Evan_s

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

careh,

How'd things go with programing this remote. I think I just picked up a lot of 6 of these off ebay. It's always hard to tell with these guys but the picture definitely had the 4 a b c d button which is currently pretty unique. Assuming that these end up being what I hope I plan to sell off most of them just to cover my costs.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evan_s wrote:
careh,

How'd things go with programing this remote. I think I just picked up a lot of 6 of these off ebay. It's always hard to tell with these guys but the picture definitely had the 4 a b c d button which is currently pretty unique. Assuming that these end up being what I hope I plan to sell off most of them just to cover my costs.
I've been looking for these Atlas URC-1056 remotes for quite some time, and didn't spot that particular listing. Just out of curiosity, could you provide the item number? I want to see how my various searches never caught this lot.

This is the only one I've seen to date

Amazon Firestick
Evan_s

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The listing is 120152321498

I'm sure the seller didn't know what he had since it wasn't listed as an atlas let alone with the 1056 model number. I just jumped on it based on the obviously user shot picture with the 4 buttons.

I've noted that when searching for the atlas remotes on ebay it seems best to just search for DVR remote and scan through them since lots of people don't seem to put the atlas name in them anywhere but they all seem to put dvr in the title.

He doesn't currently have any other listing let alone other listing for these remotes.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if this is prying, but did the seller combine shipping for you? Because for ONE, that would have been pretty steep IMHO.

Feel free to not answer, if you feel that's none of my business.

Amazon Firestick
Evan_s

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the listing specifically stated he would combine shipping otherwise I wouldn't have bid on all 6. Ended up being about 55$ total shipped for the six. I'll probably offer most of them up for those interested for 9$ + shipping cost once I verify what they actually are. I don't have any use for 6 of them. I really don't even need one of them but I spotted the listing with less than an hour left so I just put in a bid and hoped it doesn't come back to bite me.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Well, careh seems to have dropped off the JP1 grid, so you may be creating the rdf for that OCAP URC-1056 remote. Your comment about sellers not knowing what they are selling is so true. Who knows how many of the 6 remotes you bought are actually the one pictured. You know at least ONE of them is, however. Laughing

Amazon Firestick
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I found this auction irresistible, and although it looks like 3 URC-1056's and 2 1055, who knows how many different rdfs will be in the mix? For <$6/remote, I figure I should be able to recoup my investment.

Amazon Firestick
Evan_s

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we should both wish each other good luck on what we end up with for remotes =)
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed! Good luck, lad.

Well, since I've got a few of the Atlases (a 1054 and a 1055) I've really gotten attached to their layout, feel, form factor, etc. The OCAP remote seems to me to be the best of the lot, with the extra "D" button and separate "Menu" and "Settings" buttons, so I really wanted one and expect that it will become my primary remote in the house once I've sorted out programming.

But the problem still lies with its "newness".

Will have to build/develop the rdf from scratch - never done that before - and I suppose if I want an extender (which I most definitely do), I may have to learn more than I ever really intended to. Rolling Eyes

Having an extra will hopefully provide me with some leverage to negotiate with (i.e. "extort") someone smarter than me to build an extender. Twisted Evil

Que sera, sera.

Maybe then I can get rid of my 15-1994s, 15-2117s, URC-6131s, URC-8910s, URC-9960, and HTPro remotes! I hear I can get BIG BUCKS for the 1994s Wink

I feel good about my purchase when I look at sagestar and mogden battling it out for a SINGLE Atlas OCAP remote.

Amazon Firestick
Evan_s

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I received my 6 remotes today and got a mix of remotes.

I received 2 Ocap remotes which actually had a signature of 30333033. Same as one of the existing JP1.3 Day remotes. I assume some modifications to the RDF will be needed to accomadate the additional buttons but it shouldn't be developing one from scratch.

I received 1 of the existing JP1.3 remotes witht he 30333033 signature and 3 10251025 jp1.2 remotes for my total of 6 remotes. I haven't tested any of these for learning so it's unknown where they stand there but the are all Timewarner remotes so we will see.

EDIT

So far it looks like they all support learning. Haven't actually learned anything to them but they take the 975 setup code and flash the device light like they are waiting to learn so it seems safe assumption.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: