JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can someone please help with finding this remote code?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChoaticWhisper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Can someone please help with finding this remote code? Reply with quote

I got a "Regent HT-391" home theater from walmart, Its just a speaker system.
Ive got a OFA URC-6012b, I really like it. It did not work with this thing.
I bought a Philips Magnavox learning remote but it a had code to work with venturer amp (176) I tried it and it works. How come I cant put 0176 into my ofa remote and it work.

I have tried the advanced codes for 176 on my ofa remote and they dont work. The ofa remote is jp1 upgradable, Is that my only chance?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setup code numbers are randomly assigned by the company that makes the universal remote, and the people who made the Philips remote aren't likely to use the same codes as the people who make One For All remotes.

If you mention which model of Philips remote you have, maybe somebody who has that remote could learn the buttons from the 176 code and see what it is.

Just FYI, certain select Philips remotes are actually made by the same people as One For All remotes (like the REM400, for example). The setup codes in the REM400 are offset by 29, so a code like 176 would translate to 0147 in an OFA remote.
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phillips remote setup codes aren't the same as ueic setup codes. Fact is, there is no standardized ways or means of setup code numbers across remote models. If you had a ueic learning remote, like the 8810W you could use IR to decode the signals that the Phillips remote sent. If it was in the Phillips,which is a POS, there's a good chance it'll be in the 6012 although with a different setup code number and maybe on a different device type. I don't know if we have a phillips remote expert here who would know the pertinent info to "convert" into ueic data.
Jim
ChoaticWhisper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
The Philips remote is PM725S
usblipitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob and Jim make good points.

How much would you resist the suggestion that you get a jp1 cable ($14, hovisdirect.com) and return your 6012 to wal-mart and exchange it for a wal-mart 8810w ($19, and already JP1 ready) ?

The 6012 is nice but even when jp1 enabled it is not a learning remote. In order to create a device upgrade for your device, it would be most helpful to have a learning remote (such as the wal-mart 8810w) available.

Just my two cents,
JP1Files
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look to see what other common brands of equipment work for setup code 176 for your Philips. Then try OFA setup codes for audio devices with those same brands. I't is likely that if it is in your Philips remote it is also contained in the OFA's built in library.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: