JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Accurian ADR-3223 and Slingbox

View previous topic :: View next topic  
orrantia

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Accurian ADR-3223 and Slingbox Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

First of all let me thank you for allowing me to post on this forum.

I am an experienced computer user (I started with a Commodore VIC-20 many, many, many moons ago Very Happy ) but I am a newbie to JP1. So I need help.

I have a SLINGBOX PRO which works great except for the remote control codes for an ACCURIAN ADR-3223 (http://www.videohelp.com/dvdrecorders?DVDnameid=1407&Search=Search&list=1) .

I need guidance on how to USE JP1 and how to decode and learn the information coming out of the remote from the ADR-3223. I hope to help other people with the same unit and other obscure equipment to which they can not find IR CODES

I have researching my ADR-3223 and found out that this unit is the same as the LiteOn LVW-5045 but I still can not find a code that works with the Slingbox. But this information might help.

One thing I forgot to mention. I have a MAC controlling my Slingbox so a MAC solution would be preferred but I do have access to PC if it is required

Best regards

Antonio Orrantia
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to help others in the future as you describe, your best bet is to pick up a JP1 compatible learning remote and a JP1 cable. I don't remember whether anyone has got JP1 up and running on a Mac, so you may need to use the PC for this.

The general process is described here...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help/
orrantia

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Robert,

Thanks for replying.

Yes no problem I can definitely pick one up. Where do I buy one?? Any of the remote models sold through RADIO SHACK work??

Will any cable work wth any KP1 compatible remote ? or doo i ned to be careful to buy the correct cable for my particular remote?

No problem in getting my hands on a PC to program/learn the remote.

Now a specific question regarding the slingbox. once I have the software learned and downloaded the codes to the computer do I upload them to the slingbox?? or does it reside on the computer that is managing the slingbox software?? The reason for the question is because I use a MAC to watch my slingbox and i want to know that i will be able to use the codes after all the effort.

BTW, I found out that my PVR unit Accurian ADR-3223 is also the same unit as the LITEON LVW-5045. So this code upload should solve problems for two units.

Maybe there is another way for the computer to learn the IR codes. I was researching the IRED/IRTRANS combination and I am talking to the developer to see if through his units the computer can directly learn IR CODES

Best regards

Antonio
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Radio Shack used to be a good source for JP1 remotes, but not so much lately. These days they put their brand name on alot of remotes that are not JP1 compatible. So, you'd be well advised to stick with the "One For All" brand. I can sell you a One For All URC-8910 remote for $25 which would be perfect for this application.

You will also need a JP1 cable. You can't get these from regular stores, so you'll either need to make one yourself or buy one online. You do need to get the right cable for the right remote. Recently, UEI started making remotes with a different processor in them, which are not compatible with regular JP1 cables. These remotes are known as JP1.1, JP1.2 or JP1.3 rather than just JP1, and we have a new type of cable called JP1.x which is used for them.

The URC-8910 is a traditional JP1 remote, so it works with traditional JP1 cables. I have parallel JP1 cables available for $15. If you don't have a parallel port, I also have PCI cards available for $15.

As to your final question. You would use the JP1 process to create a Slingbox bin file, which you would place in the Slingbox SBAV folder. Then, through the Slingbox software, you would use the bin file that you just created to make the SLingbox work your device.
orrantia

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again Rob thanks for the prompt reply.

I am definitely interested in buying the remote it seems like a reasonable price. l would need a cable that has a USB connection because my laptop has no serial or parallel port. I found such a cable in the link below please advise give this cable would operate with the remote you are proposing.

http://www.diygadget.com/store/jp1/jp1-x-for-remote-controls/jp1-usb-cable/prod_8.html

For your information now that Slingmedia has released the final version of their software for the Mac (ver 1.0.2.195), no one seems yet to know where the have bin file would go. But that is a problem to be solved and later date.

I have read all the documentation you gave me but there is still something I do not understand. How do I get the IR codes from the remote control of the equipment (the original remote) into the computer? Because I can most likely not connect the original remote to the JP1 cable. Is the remote you are proposing a learning remote control? And once it has learned the IR codes I can up loaded into the computer via the cable?

Sorry for all the questions. I this want to make sure I understand what this involves.

Best regards,
Antonio
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orrantia wrote:
Is the remote you are proposing a learning remote control? And once it has learned the IR codes I can up loaded into the computer via the cable?

Yes and yes.
orrantia

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Ok great. So the next question is how do I get the money to pay for the remote??

I assume that it does work with the USB JP1 cable that was talking about in my previous post.

Thanks again for all your help

Best regards

Antonio
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The USB cables that DIY sells are compatible with the URC-8910 remote, in fact I usually sell them myself also but I'm out of stock.

You can also consider getting a PCI card for your computer, which will add both a parallel and a serial port to it. The cards are $15 and the parallel cables are $15 (ie, $30 total) whereas the USB cables are $35.
orrantia

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect Rob,

So my next question is how do I send you the money for the remote?

I will by the cable from this oither source. I will definitely go for the USB cable.

Thanks

Antonio
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orrantia wrote:

So my next question is how do I send you the money for the remote?
All of the info you need is here.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
orrantia

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Slingbox (Sling player) Mac edition (OSX) Reply with quote

By the way. Before I posted the question on how to load the bin file created by JP1 into a Slingbox (Sling player MAC version)

Please find the answer on the link below:

http://www.slingcommunity.com/forum/thread/21939/New-mac-version-and-unsupported-devices/

Best regards

Antonio
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: