JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Discretes for Sharp LCD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Discretes for Sharp LCD Reply with quote

I have been considering getting a Sharp 40 series TV. One of the models (32D43) I'm looking at is on sale through Saturday. I hate to bring a toad into my system but haven't been able to make the stuff I've found in the forum work on these sets. It's a bit difficult when you have to take your remote to the store. Here is a page I've found that says Sharp does not use discretes in these sets. Can anybody confirm or (hopefully) disqualify this. Thanks.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a file here that supports discretes for inputs 1 thru 7:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4255

If you've loaded that upgrade into a remote and taken it to the store to test it and found that the 32D43 doesn't respond to the discrete codes, that would seem to confirm that this is a TOAD model. Maybe it's on sale because word got out!

If you're still really keen to get this particular set, you might want to test whether it responds to the standard work-around for input selection.

To do this, go to the store and toggle to one of the video inputs, then press the CH+ or CH- button on the remote. If this switches the TV back to antenna input, you can use this in a macro to get the set to a known state, and then from there you can use the right number of INPUT button presses to get to the desired input.

If the discrete power codes are also missing, you could either program your macros carefully so that you always know whether the TV is on or off, or you could use Toadtog to simulate the discretes.
Randy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply Rob. This forum (imho) is one of the best I've used.

I have tried that file. I'm pretty sure I did everything right. I've done some fairly sophisticated programming before.

They've got a decent price on the set and it meets my criteria otherwise. I may have to consider the workarounds,..or maybe I'll have to look into the other brands that start with an "S".
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did all the other buttons in the upgrade you created work OK? If so, you probably did do everything right. If they didn't, you probably didn't.
Randy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the power button worked. I didn't really it make a point to test the others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: