JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Swisscom Bluewin iptv decoder
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much Robman.

Unfortunately this code seems to behave as the previous code.

Quick summary of the steps I went through just in case I made some mistake:

- I opened the provided txt file with the Remote Master;
- I used the Export Binary Upgrade feature to export the binary file into the SBAV folder;
- I launched the Sling player application and went into Slingbox Configuration, Audio/Video Set up, selected Miscellaneous Device, Other (not in the list), type in C2000 in the Alternative Code.
I can then see the message "Retrieving IR Key", I then press the Power test button and it says "the command power was sent......" but the Set Top Box can not be controlled. This is also confirmed when I try to control the stb using other features than the power.

The only slight doubt I have got is that, when I do the export with the Remote Master, the binary file is by default named "C2000_RV(SlingboxwithUEIRVChip).rdf.bin"; if however I try to force its naming to C2000_RV.bin via the Remote Master, for some reason the file name is changed to "C2000_RV_RV(SlingboxwithUEIRVChip).rdf.bin" instead.
To walk on the safe side, I have kept the two files in the SBAV folder and through Windows Explorer I have also duplicated one of them to be named "C2000_RV.bin".
I have executed the following steps with all the 3 files in the SBAV folder.

I really hope this is enough to give some more hints to what might have gone wrong.....
plg

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me any further??

Thanks a lot in advance Smile Smile
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would first need to load the new upgrade into a remote and learn it using another remote, to verify that it's generating the correct signals. Then, as there's obviously something wrong with your installation of RM or the Slingbox RDFs, I would next need to load the upgrade into RM myself and try creating a bin file for it myself. Then finally, I would need to load the upgrade into my Slingbox to verify that it's accepted. As you can probably imagine, all of that is fairly time consuming and I don't have sufficient free time available to do all of that.

I'm laying out the step by steps in case anyone else has time available to help out.
plg

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robman Smile

The steps that you highlighted triggered me to do some tests.

In particular, I replaced my rdf file BINRV (Slingbox with UEI RV chip) with the file BINPL (Slingbox with UEI PL chip) and all of a sudden I repeated the whole procedure and....it was magic in the night Smile Smile

I can now control the stb ok, I am still trying to figure out the reason why I can not use all of the learned features, but the key functions like +, -, numbers, etc. work fine.

I would really like to thank you robman, pottypigeon and all other contributors for their help and support Smile
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a look at my upgrade this evening and I spotted an error. I was using a bit from the 4th byte as the toggle when I should have been using a bit from the 3rd byte.

I just re-loaded the KM file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4454
plg

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks once more Smile
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you get a chance to test it, let me know if it works, so I'll know whether this request is closed or not.
plg

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it does work Smile

You can close the call

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: