JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Swisscom Bluewin iptv decoder
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Swisscom Bluewin iptv decoder Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I am in desperate need of help to try and control remotely through the IR blasters of my AV slingbox a Swisscom Bluewin iptv decoder.

Courtesy of huge support from dear pottypigeon, I have uploaded in the "diagnosis" area a file named "bluewin.ccf" made with a Philips Pronto RU890.
The link is as follows:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4452

I am really begging some of you to help me further and create an upgrade file from the ccf mentioned above.

Thanks in advance for your support.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming that you have a PL box, try this...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4453

In case you have a different Slingbox, here's the RM file...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4454
plg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much robman.

As I can see in the sbav folder of my slingplayer software the following files:
- SBAV-PL.sbav;
- SBAV-RV.sbav

shall I assume I have got a PL box and therefore use the first link?

Cheers
plg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robman, all,

I think I would need your help further.

As I am unsure whether I have got a PL box or not I tried with both files uploaded by Robman:

- C2000_PL.bin: I placed this file directly in the Slingbox's SBAV folder;

- Swisscom Bluewin iptv decoder.rmdu: I opened the file via the RM and then did Advanced/Export Binary Upgrade to export the generated binary file (C2000_RV(SlingboxwithUEIRVChip).rdf.bin) in the Slingbox's SBAV folder.

Unfortunately however in both cases when I selected miscellaneous device/others in the slingbox and inserted the relevant code (C2000) while the Slingbox retrieved the IR keymap the "Power" test failed as the set top box could not be controlled.

Would anyone please have any idea about whether I did anything wrong and could kindly help to troubleshoot.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plg wrote:
.. then did Advanced/Export Binary Upgrade to export the generated binary file (C2000_RV(SlingboxwithUEIRVChip).rdf.bin) in the Slingbox's SBAV folder.

If you change the name of the bin file generated by RM, it won't work. When you select C2000 as the code to be loaded, the Slingplayer software will look for a file called C2000_RV.bin (if it's an RV box) it won't find a file called C2000_RV(SlingboxwithUEIRVChip).rdf.bin

plg wrote:
Unfortunately however in both cases when I selected miscellaneous device/others in the slingbox and inserted the relevant code (C2000) while the Slingbox retrieved the IR keymap the "Power" test failed as the set top box could not be controlled.

You need to be more clear here, did the power test fail (ie, the C2000 code couldn't be found or there was an unexpected error) or was it simply the case that the code didn't control your STB.

If you had C2000_PL.bin and C2000_RV(SlingboxwithUEIRVChip).rdf.bin in the SBAV folder and the C2000 code loaded successfully (even if it didn't work) this pretty much confirms that you have a PL box (the RV box is for Europe, you don't list a location in your profile, so I don't know where you are located), which means the upgrade that I created is not the right code for your STB.

So, if the upgrade doesn't work, let's take a look at the CCF file that you provided, what is it's origin? Was it created using your STB remote?
plg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
You need to be more clear here, did the power test fail (ie, the C2000 code couldn't be found or there was an unexpected error) or was it simply the case that the code didn't control your STB.

If you had C2000_PL.bin and C2000_RV(SlingboxwithUEIRVChip).rdf.bin in the SBAV folder and the C2000 code loaded successfully (even if it didn't work) this pretty much confirms that you have a PL box (the RV box is for Europe, you don't list a location in your profile, so I don't know where you are located), which means the upgrade that I created is not the right code for your STB.

So, if the upgrade doesn't work, let's take a look at the CCF file that you provided, what is it's origin? Was it created using your STB remote?

Thanks a lot Robman for answering.
Probably it is best if we focus on the PL front then as I bought the box in the States (even though I am located in Switzerland).

I'll try to clarify what happens when I insert the C2000_PL.bin in the SBAV folder: I launch the Sling player application and go into Slingbox Configuration, Audio/Video Set up, select Miscellaneous Device, Other (not in the list), type in C2000 in the Alternative Code.
I can then see the messages "Updating IR Database, Retrieving IR Key", I then press the Power test button and it says "the command power was sent......" but the Set Top Box can not be controlled.

The ccf was kindly generated for me by pottypigeon (the Italian guy who posted a few months back concerning a Sky HD stb).
I gave him my STB's remote and he generated the ccf file with the help of a Philips Pronto RU890.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so we've pretty much confirmed that you have a PL box and the bin file that I created is a valid bin file (ie, it's accepted by the Slingbox) but the code itself doesn't work, so that's where we'll need to focus.

Unfortunately, this STB uses the Nokia32 protocol which I'm not very familiar with, so I may seek some help with this from anyone who knows this protocol.
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little side note here, I've heard that some boxes don't recognize a "power" command as "off". In other words, you might have been sending it a discrete "on"; or "power" doesn't mean what you think on that particular box.

I never bother with the Singbox Power test, myself. I just go ahead and load the file to see if some commands work while others might not. You didn't specifically mention whether you tried that (checking other commands).
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's quite possible that I didn't format the Nokia32 upgrade correctly (I haven't used this protocol too often) but I haven't had a chance to go back and check it.
plg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaphod7501 wrote:
A little side note here, I've heard that some boxes don't recognize a "power" command as "off". In other words, you might have been sending it a discrete "on"; or "power" doesn't mean what you think on that particular box.

I never bother with the Singbox Power test, myself. I just go ahead and load the file to see if some commands work while others might not. You didn't specifically mention whether you tried that (checking other commands).

Hi, sorry I did not mention it but I confirm that, in addition to the Power test, I indeed tried all possible commands but the stb never reacted....
I guess I am in the hands of the Nokia 32 protocol experts Smile
plg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

apologies in advance for "rekindling" this subject, but I was wondering whether anyone managed to get to grips with the Nokia 32 protocol issues that apparently affected the binary file that was prepared to handle my Swisscom Bluewin set top box.

Thanks a lot Smile
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but I can only offer generic advice.
Does the Slingbox work to control other devices, using builtin or other custom codes? Things like VCRs would be a good test. The idea here is to determine if the Slingbox has a more general problem.

On this vein, do you have a digital camera or camcorder to look at the IR emitters to see if they are actually putting out a signal? Have you verified the location of the IR receiver on the Bluewin box. Sitting that close, the placement of the emitters is critical.

Was the ccf file one that you created or someone else's? There is the possibility that your box does not use the same codes as someone else's box.

Lastly (or firstly) does the box respond to it's OEM remote?

You might have to redo the process by learning the commands from your own remote with a JP1 remote. There is only so much that you can do with other people's data. At some point you may have to DIY.
plg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Zaphod,

thanks for your advices.

Unfortunately I already did most if not all of the preliminary checks that you mention, namely:

- the IR blasters do work to control a SONY DVDR through built-in code;
- the digital camera test was successful;
- when trying to control the Bluewin Swisscom stb I placed the IR blasters on all possible positions on the front of the stb Smile
- the ccf file was created by a friend of mine who took my remote control and learned its commands via a Philips Pronto RU890;
- the stb responds to its own remote.

All of the above would lead me to infer as Robman pointed out that the problem might be in the conversion of the ccf to binary file....
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a look at the raw signals and they don't totally conform to the Nokia32 spec because the arrow keys use a different byte as the OBC.

I will try writing a new exec for you.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I've put together a new exec for this which will switch OBC bytes for the arrow keys. I won't be able to test this myself until this evening at the earliest, so I'm making it available for you to test...

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4454
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: