JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

urc-6690 coding question (wake-up)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atlas

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: urc-6690 coding question (wake-up) Reply with quote

This is in regard to the irritating "feature" of having to press a key to wake the remote after a short period of inactivity. I think that this should be changed to only effect the touchpad area. The "hard" keys should work as intended all the time, and also when pushed, do not need to turn the backlight on for the touchpad. Keep the touchpad area as "touch to wake" if the backlight is off, anytime the backlight is off, the touchpad would be "sleeping".

Is this something that can be coded with an extender, or can this only be changed at the factory?
beverlyhoward

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts...

press only the "setup" area to wake it up

Does your device have the motion sensor? If so, would this address your need?

You should be able to extend the timeout as well

illumination = battery drain
atlas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In everyday use, I will very rarely(if ever) need to use the keypad, so I feel it's such a waste of battery power and a nuisance to have to push a button to activate the keys and turn on a light(that I don't even need).

I was just asking if it's possible to recode these features somehow, and if so, could someone point me in the right direction to get started on the task. Would a change like this require a rewrite of the basic OS? Is that stored on ROM or can it be easily rewritten? I was wondering how these extenders hook into the OS to make their changes. I've looked around, but didn't find much info on the basics of coding remotes. Hopefully, someone can kick me in the right direction. Smile
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The URC-6690 kameleon HYbrid with the hard buttons is a JP1.2 remote. These JP1.2 remotes have not been explored as throughly as the JP1 remotes. The ability to "extend" these remotes promises to be much more versitile than the JP1 remotes. So yes eventually these could probably be customized as outlined here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: