JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Oritron DAV3101
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:03 am    Post subject: Oritron DAV3101 Reply with quote

Anyone have setup codes for an Oritron DAV3101 Home Theater system? I have a 15-2103 with jp1 interface installed.
usblipitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing by oritron in the home theater section of yahoo/jp1. have you tried looking for a .ccf over at remotecentral?
JP1Files
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only Oritron at RC is a satallite decoder.
The only Oritron at Premise and the only Oritron in the LIRC collection is a DVD which matches the three Oritron and Koss DVD/0651 upgrades in the JP1 DVD folder.

What devices are in the Home Theater system? Maybe you should should try the Oritron or Koss codes for the underlying components of the Home Theater, if you can find those.
TimH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Oritron DAV3101 is just a DVD player with a receiver and a couple a/v inputs. I have a Phillips TV (0054), a SA cable box (0877), and a Toshiba VCR (0045). All these devices work great. It's the DVD / receiver I need to get working now that everything is hooked into it. I probably shouldn't have used the term Home Theater, since the only reference to that is stenciled on the OEM remote itself.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no built in setup code in the 15-2103 for the Oritron DVD that is in those upgrade files, so if you want to try those, install the upgrade.

Does the 15-2103 have learning? (I think so, but never remember those details). You can learn a few signals and decode them and that will make traking down the rest much easier.
TimH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
Does the 15-2103 have learning? (I think so, but never remember those details). You can learn a few signals and decode them and that will make traking down the rest much easier.

I feel like I should be posting under the "Frustrated" thread...

Yep, the 15-2103 is a learning remote. I have tried every variation of learning I can think of. The light flashes real fast like the manual says it should, then when I press the key on the original remote, expecting to get two flashes on the 2103, I get a single flash. I've tried learning on various keys on the 2103, I've tried learning from multiple remotes.

Is there a FAQ somewhere for "Learning Tips"? Based on the fact that the instructions are so straight-forward for learning, I'm wondering if I might have screwed something up when I installed the four wire interface? Everything on the remote seems to work well, no issues using the jp1 interface.

I'm stumped Sad
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your JP1 cable is working, back up your eeprom contents to a file on the PC and then do a 981 reset on the remote before trying to learn. That and a bunch of other learning suggestions were scattered through that "frustrated" thread you mentioned. I assume you know to press the original remote button right after the fast blinking STARTS. Despite all instructions on that, many people press it after the fast blinking stops.

Especially if learning still isn't working, try that Oritrom DVD upgrade.
TimH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
If your JP1 cable is working, back up your eeprom contents to a file on the PC and then do a 981 reset on the remote before trying to learn. That and a bunch of other learning suggestions were scattered through that "frustrated" thread you mentioned. I assume you know to press the original remote button right after the fast blinking STARTS. Despite all instructions on that, many people press it after the fast blinking stops.

Especially if learning still isn't working, try that Oritrom DVD upgrade.

The hard reset didn't change the learning issue. However I tried a couple different upgrades and they do control the dvd functionality of the device. I had to load a protocol as well as the device from KM. So where do I go from here? The input selects and the volume are the biggies now I guess.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIUC, the OEM remote has the commands that you want but you can't learn them, right?

Have you tried replacing the batteries in both remotes?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's nearly a dead end. There are 64 different OBC numbers in a RECS80 device, so it wouldn't be too hard to just try the rest (all OBC numbers not already in the upgrade). But my guess would be the non DVD functions of the Home Theater don't use the same device number as the DVD functions.

There are only 8 RECS80 device numbers, so you could try all 512 commands, but buying another JP1 learning remote would make more sense.
TimH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jon_armstrong wrote:
IIUC, the OEM remote has the commands that you want but you can't learn them, right?

Have you tried replacing the batteries in both remotes?

ok, did that... still no smiles on the learning front. The volume does work.. had to change the vpt setting for that device.

How do I make the VPT go to the newly added dvd device instead of the tv?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can your 15-2103 learn from any of your other remotes? That would at least confirm that the remote is working and you are using the correct learning procedure.

Just to be 100% sure you are using the correct procedure, here it is in detail.

1) Make sure both remotes have fresh batteries.
2) Make sure there's free learning memory available (a 981 reset is the one sure fire way to ensure this)
3) Place the remote on a table with their top parts pointing at each other. Position the remotes about 3 inches apart.

On the 15-2103...
4) Press a device button.
5) Press and hold the SETUP button (green P) until the red LED flashes twice.
6) Type 975, two flashes
7) Press the button to be programmed. At this point the red LED will flash rapidly, while it's still flashing start pressing a button on the OEM remote, and KEEP pressing it. The 15-2103's red LED will go dark, but keep pressing the OEM remote button.
8 ) After a few seconds, the 15-2103's LED will either flash twice or give one long flash. The long flash means the learn didn't work, two short flashes means it did. At this point you can release the OEM remote's button.
9) If you get 2 short flashes, press and hold the SETUP button again and wait for 2 flashes to indicate that the learning process is complete.

Last edited by The Robman on Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
TimH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Can your 15-2103 learn from any of your other remotes? That would at least confirm that the remote is working and you are using the correct learning procedure.

To this point no. I have tried multiple remotes, with no success at learning.

The Robman wrote:
Just to be 100% sure you are using the correct procedure, here it is in detail.

1) Make sure both remotes have fresh batteries.
2) Make sure there's free learning memory available (a 981 reset is the one sure fire way to ensure this)
3) Place the remote on a table with their top parts pointing at each other. Position the remotes about 3 inches apart.

On the 15-2103...
4) Press a device button.
5) Press and hold the SETUP button (green P) until the red LED flashes twice.
6) Type 975, two flashes
7) Press the button to be programmed. At this point the red LED will flash rapidly, while it's still flashing start pressing a button on the OEM remote, and keep pressing it. The 15-2103's red LED will go dark, but keep pressing the OEM remote button.
8 ) After a few seconds, the 15-2103's LED will either flash twice or give one long flash. The long flash means the learn didn't work, two short flashes means it did.
9) If you get 2 short flashes, press and hold the SETUP button again and wait for 2 flashes to indicate that the learning process is complete.

This ^^ is the process I have been trying. Since the only place I see any room for ambiguity is in step seven, I 'll ask. Should the button on the OEM remote be pressed once and held for the duration, or pressed and released repeatedly? My sense of the process is to press and hold for the duration.

I really appreciate all the guidance, especially Rob's step-by-step, I was seriously wondering if I was doing something wrong.

Here's where I stand now; I used the "Oritron_&_Koss_DVDs_(DVD-0651).txt" posted by Rob. Slurped i into KM and tweaked it. Turns out EFC 177 "audio" is the AV1/AV2 input toggle. EFC 240 "angle" is the tuner input toggle.

I now find myself seriously feeling like an extender is the thing I need. You have to do so serious button jumping to operate this system Sad Noteing that there are no extenders posted at yahoo for the 2103 I'm guessing this isn't a good sign. Maybe time to get a different model remote ?
usblipitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimH wrote:
Should the button on the OEM remote be pressed once and held for the duration, or pressed and released repeatedly? My sense of the process is to press and hold for the duration.

Press and hold is correct.

If possible, buy a OFA8810w from wal-mart and use it to learn codes. For $19 you can't go wrong. And you can always return it within 30 days. Smile

If you live outside the USA, or there are no Wal-Marts in the part of the USA you live in, buy an 8811 from Rob - same as the 8810w but more convenient because Rob mails it to your house. No long lines at Wal-Mart to contend with. Smile

Happy New Year,
JP1Files
TimH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

usblipitor wrote:
If possible, buy a OFA8810w from wal-mart and use it to learn codes. For $19 you can't go wrong. And you can always return it within 30 days. Smile

If you live outside the USA, or there are no Wal-Marts in the part of the USA you live in, buy an 8811 from Rob - same as the 8810w but more convenient because Rob mails it to your house. No long lines at Wal-Mart to contend with. Smile

Happy New Year,

I swung by Radio Shack on the way to work this morning and they had the 2104 in stock at $9.95 so I snagged a couple of them. I had made a list of remotes that had extenders and this one seems pretty popular so I should be able to get into some real trouble with it Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: