JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

JP1 files to .MXF files?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mirage_Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: JP1 files to .MXF files? Reply with quote

I just bought an open box Samsung DTB-H260F that had no remote. Since I have an MX700 I figured I could download the mxd file for it and be OK. However I can't find a file for it anywhere.

I did find some type of file posted here for it but I'm not at all familiar with the JP1 stuff. I am hoping there is some way to convert the data into an MXF file that I can load into my MX700?

Sure could use your help guys.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the editor for the MX700 include a "Universal Browser" button similar to the editor for the MX850?

If so, you can get the protocol name and device numbers from the JP1 file, then use MakeHex to create a set of Pronto Hex strings, then use IrPanels to turn that into a CCF file, then use Universal Browser to drag from each numbered button in the CCF into your config. You use the OBC numbers from the KM or RM functions sheet to know which buttons to drag where.

It's all explained a few times in threads in the URC forum at RC.

If you need more details, tell us the URL of the JP1 file you found, so we can give more specific instructions.
kupakai

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that the upgrade uses custom protocol, so there is no irp file for it. Can the parameters that you gave in this post be used to create a new irp to use for Makehex?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kupakai wrote:
The problem is that the upgrade uses custom protocol, so there is no irp file for it. Can the parameters that you gave in this post be used to create a new irp to use for Makehex?

If we are talking about the protocol from that thread (Samsung36 in ver 2.35 or later of DecodeIR.dll) there is already a working IRP file posted in that thread (Nov 24, 2:03 PM)

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=50612#50612

I haven't yet posted a new MakeHex.zip including Samsung36.irp, but I'll try to get to that soon.
Mirage_Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
Does the editor for the MX700 include a "Universal Browser" button similar to the editor for the MX850?

If so, you can get the protocol name and device numbers from the JP1 file, then use MakeHex to create a set of Pronto Hex strings, then use IrPanels to turn that into a CCF file, then use Universal Browser to drag from each numbered button in the CCF into your config. You use the OBC numbers from the KM or RM functions sheet to know which buttons to drag where.

It's all explained a few times in threads in the URC forum at RC.

If you need more details, tell us the URL of the JP1 file you found, so we can give more specific instructions.

Yes the MX editor does have the Universal Browser function. I believe it uses the same software, not sure though.

Anyway here is the JP1 file I think is what is needed? http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3897
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mirage_Man wrote:
here is the JP1 file

So the IRP file (extracted from the text of the thread linked above) is correct.

What else do you need to know?

The process of using MakeHex -> Universal browser is described in several threads at:
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/complete/list.cgi

It should be easy to search for.

Installing KM or RM so you can open that JP1 file (and look at the function names and OBCs on the functions sheet) is described in many threads and help documents in this forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: