JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

One For ALL URC-8910 Upgradeable How? I want a new remote
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: One For ALL URC-8910 Upgradeable How? I want a new remote Reply with quote

I've Been using a radio Shack 15-2116 for many years now (I bought it when it first came out) and I recently got a new TV Set (Polaroid 26" FLM-2632) and it has no codes for that brand I got it to turn on then off by searching the code database but thats all it does. I wanted to get a new remote any way and I was looking at the One For All URC-8910 but It will have to be upgraded as soon as I get it. So how does that work? Does it have the 6 Pin connector like my 15-2116? My Old remote is also made by all in one I believe because the operating instructions and the codes are the same. I also like the URC-8910 because it has the LCD and Learning function. I just need to know how I go about getting this remote upgraded once I buy one. I don't want to waste my $ on something I can't use thanks

Oh and how do I make a JP1 Cable I have Parallel Serial and USB 2.0 on my computer which ever is the easyist to make because I suck at soldering Thanks again
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Volts,

First of all, with the JP1 tools here, you can make your 15-2116 do the job for you. I'm not familar with your remote, but I do see that this forum supports it.

Since you already have a partially working code, you can download some of the JP1 software from here, and try out the codes manually and see if you might get your current remote to be functional while your waiting for your cable interface. We have several poloroid TV's in the upgrade area. One of those might fit your needs. Most manufacturer's don't change their codes that often, so even though we don't have your model you can try those codes. If the upgrade you are looking at has a KM next to it, you can open it with Excel or RemoteMaster. If the update has an RM in front of it, you can only open it with RemoteMaster. RemoteMaster is available for download in the Tools area.

JP1 tools will give you great control over all your remotes. There's a tough learning curve in the beginning, but the tools here will give you wonderful control of your remotes.

Beware JP1 is VERY addictive. Very Happy
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2116 is probably nearly as good as the 8910 (I have both), and is certainly amongst the best-supported JP1 remotes around here, so you won't go wrong whether you stick with simply upgrading yoru 2116 or switching to an 8910.

As for the cable, I have only ever used the simple parallel cable. The Serial JP1 cable is very rarely referred to here, and the USB JP1 cable in addition to being more expensive, seems to have greater difficulty getting reliable communication (driver installation, etc that does not plague the parallel)

So buy or build a simple parallel cable and first work on your 2116 and if you want, upgrade to the 8910. (Rob sells cables ONLY if you buy a remote from him, so check his Marketplace sticky for details).

Building instructions are HERE.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the opinion that the 15-2116 is about equal to the URC-8910. While it has slightly less buttons (as it doesn't have any macro/learning buttons) it has a much superior physical design, so it ends up about even.

Even without JP1, if you tell us what the setup code is that you found, ie the one that only works the POWER function, we can probably tell you how to customize it so that it will work now.
kupakai

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaroid has a webpage that Rob mentioned in another post that lists TV/0019 and TV/0178 as the UEI codes for your model. Try the TV/0178 first to see if any of the keys work. If some keys work, but there are missing function, post them here, and someone should be able to help you program them in.

BTW, is the remote that came with the TV RC-201? If it is, from the device code list and the programming instructions, it looks like it's made by UEI (the same company that makes the URC-8910 and the 15-2116). Is there a 6 pin header in the battery compartment of the Polaroid remote?

Last edited by kupakai on Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV 0030 or TV 0056 the Code TV 0056 does more I can select input (Although I can't move though them as the arrow keys do nothing and neither does menu or info or guide) Number buttons work,Channel Works Power works no other functions work
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This TV might be similar to several in this file
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2776
The closest match from 8910 without the upgrade was TV/0150. On the OEM remote it worked under Mitsubishi 11276. See also MaskedMan's answer Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:01 pm here
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5682&highlight=polaroid

BTW, the Polaroid OEM remote I played with is jp1.2. Can you check inside if yours is as well?
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Remote that came with my TV is also a UEI RC-201 but I don't see a JP1 Connector in the battery place or even holes for one and the code on Polaroids site is still missing commands TV 0019 is the only one that worked but does that same amount of stuff as TV 0056. I'm going to radio Shack tomorrow to get parts so I can build a simple JP1 Interface.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on what's been posted so far, I'm guessing that this set uses the same codeset as the Polaroid FLM-1514B TV set

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7572
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a working JP1 Interface What do I do now? to upgrade and customize my remote to work for my new tv? Thanks
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob's post right above yours contains a link he thinks will be useful. In his sig on the same post, there is a link to the beginners guide to upgrades.
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Is my remote Dead now? Reply with quote

It used to work and upload and download Data from IR.exe but now all the LCD displays is "Mem Fault" and when I try to connect I get no response from interface. Is there a way to fix this? I tried OPS reset but it says bad E2
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conduct an MFR reset.

Press and hold the setup button until in programming mode, then press REC and follow the prompts.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried Mfr reset and it works but as soon as I plug in my JP1 Cable I get "MEM FAULT" did I just kill my remote or is there a way to fix this?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like there's a problem with your cable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: