JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-9960B01 extender release version available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, you say that the key is lit in HT mode but....

I don't have my remote handy so I can't tell, but the table in the remote that is used to determine if a key is lit says that Setup is not lit for the HT screen.

Since this table is used to validate that the key is lit, I can't see any way around this. I'm sure that this is where the trouble lies as the extender checks for the key valid (lit) and it not goes back and waits for the next keypress using the lit keys table from the non-extended remote.
yesok

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Inside URC-9960B01 Reply with quote

Hello Bill,

On opening the covers of URC-9960B01, I have found 2 sealed chips(U8A and U8B) and one PIC16LF72 chip.

Could you tell me what they do?
Which is the S3C80+?

Thanks in advance,

Yesok
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no clue

The S3C80 is generally mounted chip-on-board with a dab of plastic over it. But I'm not a hardware expert so I can't really tell you which is which
joedaring

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellò Bill,
How are you doing?

I've been checking the 9960 B01 Extender threads more or less regularly, but I see there hasn't been a lot of activity recently...

Are there any new releases/features/bugfixes waiting in the shadow?

Anything to be released before summer vacations?

Would love to see something new in both the Extender and the tools

Ciao Bill, ciao all JP1-ers

Pippo
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joe

to tell you the truth, I've not been that active on the extender for a while. No one has reported any bugs lately.

I had begun working on v1.3 with a couple of tweaks in it, mostly around code size. I have been trying to find a way to get RM to behave better because of the way that I laid out the device selection keys and also get the screen-dependent button selection/images but I'm stuck on that one.

Anyway, nothing substantially new to report.

-bill
joedaring

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bill!

Oh! I see... well, there is nothing much to fix when there are no faults reported...

Anyway, I'll keep an eye on your threads, just in case you decide to release V.1.3 or some new tools...

I didn't install V1.2 because you announced that you were already working on V1.3, and the idea of re-writing my commands from scratch because of the extender's update didn't excite me..

If you aren't going to release the V1.3 I'll go and install 1.2

Thanks for your work Bill
My greetings
Joe
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note:

if you upgrade to RM 1.81 you will find that the extended B01 remote is not listed in the list of remotes. This is because RM 1.81 doesn't like not having a space between the signature for the remote and the "(" that starts the description of the remote.

a simple rename will fix this:

was: KASAKASX(URC-9960 B01...)
now: KASAKASX (URC-9960 B01...)
joedaring

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bill,
This spoiled me at first, but then I recalled that latest RM was fixed to ignore strangely named RDFs...

Thanks for the head-up, anyway.

Bill, are you planning to release new stuff?

Ciao
Joe
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe

I got myself engrossed in:

1: fixing Extinstall so that it would deal with the newer remotes, and as a sideline fixed it to retain comments and it now works with Vicky's JP1.2 extenders.

2: thinking bout and getting ready to build an extender for a JP1.3 Atlas

So, I even though I have the 1.04 "done" I've done very limited testing on it. I wanted to hold it until I got Extinstall working right so that I didn't have to rebuild my configurations over again. (this was major surgery on the included protocols and how they are supported, but I took something like 30 bytes out of ToadTog, DSM and LDKP EACH!) Just copying and pasting thigns into the RAW data wasn't going to work this time!

I'm going to try to get some time on my two major 9960B01 configurations this weekend and then post the 1.04 release (with a bug fixed that someone just noticed yesterday)

If you'd like to give it a whirl as a beta tester, send me an email at wjackson@rochester.rr.com and I'll send you a ZIP that includes the extender, and the version of Extinstall that installs it.
joedaring

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bill,

I've been away for a few days and have just seen this msg...

I guess that 1.04 is closer to release now... if not, I'd love to have it for beta testing...

Ciao Bill, have a great weekend

Joe
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: V1.04 posted Reply with quote

I have just uploaded V1.04 of the URC-9960B01 extender to the files section here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5030

This version has several improvements:

1: I fixed a bug mentioned elsewhere in the forum on the "ignore first key" logic

2: I have substantially reudced the size of ToadTog, LDKP and DSM protocols approximately 30 bytes each. This cost nothing other than using up some wasted space in the base extender.

3: I have made this version compatible with the new IR and Extinstall so that you can now install this extender from within IR.

The new package includes the new version of Extinstall, maps and images for RM, the RDF and the HEX file for use with Extinstall. This version also now includes the source for the extender

Enjoy!
yesok

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Signature mismatch warning - Ver 1.04/1.03 Reply with quote

Hello,

I see the signature mismatch warning when I upload same IR file twice, AFTER activating my URC-9960B01(with 4K EEPROM). But the warning does not appear when I upload the same IR file BEFORE activating. All codes(mostly DSM and LKP) are running as expected. I have the same warning for Ver 1.04 and 1.03.

I am worried whether something is wrong with my URC-9960B01 or any side effects.

Yesok Yoon
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

make sure that you have the "force > 2K" (or whatever it is) in the IR tab. The EEPROMS in this remote are a bit touchy and some of them IR can't figure out what size they are and then the data is off a bit.
yesok

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

unclemiltie wrote:
make sure that you have the "force > 2K" (or whatever it is) in the IR tab. The EEPROMS in this remote are a bit touchy and some of them IR can't figure out what size they are and then the data is off a bit.

Thanks.

Yesok
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a PM from one of the 9960B01 extender users that the "ignore first key" setting isn't working. I had thought that I had fixed that a long time ago.

Before I go digging to find (1) my old 9960 and (2) my JP1 EEPROM cable and (3) the old source and then dust off the cobwebs on this extender, are others seeing the same issue?

Specifically, if you are using this setting and it's working for you, I'd like to know about it!

thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: