JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-9960B01 extender release version available
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: URC-9960B01 extender release version available Reply with quote

Edit 7/28/07

I've just uploaded a new ZIP file that contains the HEX format for this extender. A new version of Extinstall is available in beta that allows you to install the extender into an existing IR file.

The inclusion of the HEX file is the only difference in this distribution

Edit 7/18/07
I have just uploaded what I hope will be the final version of this extender, 1.03. This version shrunk the extender by about 40 bytes and thus added about 40 bytes to the keymove area. It also includes a couple of small bug fixes, cleanup of the code (the source is now included) as well as thanks to kupaki a set of device-specific image maps for use in RM.

Note: There are still some issues with RM version 1.78 and below. Greg is working on fixes in RM 1.79 that will address the remap keys issues with this extender.

The new extender is packaged as a joint 6960B00/9960B01 extender and is packaged with images and maps for RM to enable the device specific screens. The file is here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4813

Edit 5/807:

I have just uploaded an updated version of the extender to the files section (same link as below) This version is now numbered v1.02, which is stored in bytes FE/FF in the EEPROM.

see reply later in this thread for the link to the new file. I've chosen to lave 1.01 in the extender area as well so make sure you get the right one!

Edit 4/22/07:

I have just uploaded an updated version of the extender to the files section (same link as below) This version is now numbered v1.01, which is stored in bytes FE/FF in the EEPROM. What has been changed is as follows:

Pause protocol is in increments of 100ms
    reduced code size of pause protocol
    fixed bug in LDKP for 1-key sequences
    added brightness control special protocol
    fixed odd interaction between RC5/RC6 combo and special protocols
    updated documentation to better reflect the extender

I *THINK* that people with v0.37 can cut/paste the special protocol code and get the benefits of this new version although I have not tested this.

thanks to everyone who helped me test this and shake the bugs out. I think that I'm comfortable with the stability of the extender to call this the "final" release. This is version 37 which is indicated in byte $FF in the EEPROM

This version has a substantially increased upgrade size (thanks to jsevinsk who got me thinking about this) which now runs through $600 in the EEPROM. This version will have 843 bytes of free upgrade space when all of the special protocols are included and 2264 bytes of free advance code space when the "default" macros are included. Probably more than enough space for pretty much anything.

Still not supported by Extinstall so you have to load the IR file and build from there. Since this version moves around the start of the advance code area, it's not a trivial cut-and-paste from the previous beta versions

enjoy!

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4376

Last edited by unclemiltie on Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:05 am; edited 3 times in total
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

see base topic, updated version posted
(this done to send automatic notifications to those watching this topic)
joedaring

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the new version...

I just installed it and the related RDF file, and I'm doing some testing but...

where have all the TUNER NUMBER Keys gone???
They were available before, now they aren't anymore... troubles with these too?

Are these the "Remap" keys you mention in the original extender's thread?

They were used to access the Tuner's preset in the AUDIO mode... what can I do to have them back?

Thanks Bill

Joe
yesok

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: HT key processing for URC-9960B01 Reply with quote

Hello,

Thanks for the new extender(v1.01).

I have 2 questions regarding HT key processing;

1. How to keep HT key from reponding to key presses?
2. How to keep HT key animation from responding to key presses?

What I want to do is blocking HT key processing or key animation.
Even when there is no macro(reqular or DSM) assigned to HT key, it still animates. Please have a look on the uploaded IR file(see http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4543)

Thanks in advance.

Yesok
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the HT button is pushed a flag is set that tells the screen handler to use the HT screen (and animation) for the duration of the current macro instead of the normal O_device handling. This is because the HT screen is a special case screen and it doesn't behave normally like the others.

the desired behavior of the HT screen is to animate the ht button and change to the HT screen and then to return to processing any macro's that may have been on the HT button. The only thing that "undoes" this is an O_dev command that is NOT on the HT button.

Thus, your request is in conflict with the desired behavior of the extender.

One way to fix this would be to have IR replace the value of the key that is checked to see if it's the HT key. That way, you could put HT on something else (like maybe the Home key since it's never lit except in setup)

let me think about this while I'm away this weekend. I'm trying to chase another bug on the HT key (discussed in another thread) so let me get that one fixed first.

-bill
yesok

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: HT and uploading questions Reply with quote

Hello Bill,

Thanks for your reply.
unclemiltie wrote:
The only thing that "undoes" this is an O_dev command that is NOT on the HT button.

Thus, your request is in conflict with the desired behavior of the extender.

One way to fix this would be to have IR replace the value of the key that is checked to see if it's the HT key. That way, you could put HT on something else (like maybe the Home key since it's never lit except in setup)

Do you mean key moving HT to some other button?

One more question regarding uploading the extender is IR always complain about mismatched signature from URC-9960B01(4KB, bought from Robman). Is this no harm?

Yesok

-bill[/quote]
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should only see the signature mismatch on the first time you are uploading the extender. The 9960B01 has "issues" with the EEPROM size. You should make sure you check the "force >=4K" box on the general page to make sure that it's using the right EEPROM size.

As for moving the HT key, it would be no different than the ability to change the Shift or Xshift key, only that you'd put that key on something that no one would ever push. (if they did, it would give the same behavior of the current HT key)

-bill
yesok

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: HT key processing Reply with quote

Hello Bill,

unclemiltie wrote:
you should only see the signature mismatch on the first time you are uploading the extender. The 9960B01 has "issues" with the EEPROM size. You should make sure you check the "force >=4K" box on the general page to make sure that it's using the right EEPROM size.

Thanks. This solved the problem. But this is effective for serial interfacce only, not yet for USB interface.

unclemiltie wrote:
As for moving the HT key, it would be no different than the ability to change the Shift or Xshift key, only that you'd put that key on something that no one would ever push. (if they did, it would give the same behavior of the current HT key)

Could you tell me how to do that? Just key moving HT key to some other key does not help.

Yesok
yesok

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Suggestions for Activation Sequence of URC-9960B01 Extender Reply with quote

Hello Bill,

Could you modify the activation sequence(currently pressing Power/TV key) as follows?

1. First activation - as it is, by pressing Power/TV key.
2. Afterwards - automatic, even after battery replacements.
3. Modifying defalut device - Currently the default device is TV. It would be nice if we can designate a macro to the initial activation of Power/TV key. so that we may set the deafult device freely as we want.

I need this to make extended remotes fool proof. I found aged users easily forget the activation sequence after battery replacements. This is critical for Kameleon remotes whose battery use is quite heavy.

Thanks in advance.

Yesok
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is really nothing you can do about the battery coming out of the remote, when it comes up from a cold start the extender won't be there.

the default devices for the remote after the extender comes up can be changed via IR as the "initial" devices for the HT keys. They are currently set in the default extender to Cable (00)

If you would like to modify the device that "activates" the extender, you can tweak the keymove loaded at $23 in the EEPROM, that is the keymove that loads the extender.

regards
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: HT key processing for URC-9960B01 Reply with quote

yesok wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for the new extender(v1.01).

I have 2 questions regarding HT key processing;

1. How to keep HT key from reponding to key presses?
2. How to keep HT key animation from responding to key presses?

What I want to do is blocking HT key processing or key animation.
Even when there is no macro(reqular or DSM) assigned to HT key, it still animates. Please have a look on the uploaded IR file(see http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4543)

Thanks in advance.

Yesok

Yesok

Below is a patch to the extender that will turn the HT key into just another device key. If you make this change the HT screen will never be set regardless of which devices you put on it. If you don't put a macro or keymove on HT, it will do nothing

This is for v 1.01 of the extender, you should be able to find the same sequence in other versions at about the same spot.

In the RAW data buffer, go to EEPROM location $0C5. This should be a value of $12. (around this should be A6 C7 12 EB 1A E6 AF 01)

If you change the $12 to $00 you will get your desired effect. I am considering making this a feature of the extender in an upcoming version, but until then you can use this patch

Details for those interested:

The A6 C7 12 is a compare of the current key that is being processed in register RC7 to the HT key ($12) If this happens, the extender sets a flag that will turn on the HT screen for every time that a screen needs to change until the end of the current macro. This patch does the compare with the key value of $00 (which no key should have) and thus the flag will never be set and thus the HT screen will never be activated. (you could put this on another key but $00 is safe since the key will never be $00)

To undo, just put the $12 back where it belongs.

-bill
yesok

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Activation Sequence - Cold Start/After Upload Reply with quote

Hello Bill,

unclemiltie wrote:
There is really nothing you can do about the battery coming out of the remote, when it comes up from a cold start the extender won't be there.

This is how I do the extender activation after cold start and just after extender upload for URC-9960B01(4KB).

1. Replace Battery or upload extender.
2. Press any key.
2.1 All segments are on.
2.2 2 blinks of segments below the devices keys.
2.3 All segments are on for about 6 seconds and all goes off.
3. Press Power/TV
3.1 2 blinks of segments below the devices keys.
4. Extender is activated.

Could you confirm that this is the right way and expected behaviour of extended URC-9960B01(4KB)?

unclemiltie wrote:
the default devices for the remote after the extender comes up can be changed via IR as the "initial" devices for the HT keys. They are currently set in the default extender to Cable (00)

When I set all initial devices to CD, TV device is animated after exntender activation with Power/TV.
Is this nomal and no harm?

unclemiltie wrote:
If you would like to modify the device that "activates" the extender, you can tweak the keymove loaded at $23 in the EEPROM, that is the keymove that loads the extender.

Could you give me an example to change the activation device to DVD?

Thanks in advance.

Yesok
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesok

yes, your summary of how to activate the extender is correct.

I realize now that on activation of the extender I haven't changed the screen to reflect the initial keys. However, the extender will function as if those initial values were set. I'm not sure that I want to fix this since this will take extra space in the keymove that loads the extender and I doubt that the second part of the extender would fit anymore. The 9960 is very tight in lower EEPROM space

Finally, the keymove that loads the extender starts at $23. The keymove is in the form of:

key
km|dev(more below)
length of keymove
device
key value
FF terminator

the key is the hex key that you will need to push, this defaults to Power in the extender. Key values are in the spreadsheet that ships with the extender.

the KM|dev holds a flag that tells the remote that this is a keymove ($10) and the device index for the device that is to be used ($01 for TV) DVD is $03)

device is the setupcode for the device that loads the extender. You see this in the upgraded devices as the first device in the table. It's a small program that loads things up. Don't change this

key value is the hex value for the key that is passed. The data is insignificant.

So, the keymove that loads the extender by default would be:

$03, $11, $04, $1708, $0012

If you wanted the key to be OK on DVD it would be:

$27, $13, $04, $1708, $0012

-bill
yesok

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Extender Activation - URC-9960B01 Reply with quote

Hello Bill,

unclemiltie wrote:
yes, your summary of how to activate the extender is correct.

Thanks.

unclemiltie wrote:
I realize now that on activation of the extender I haven't changed the screen to reflect the initial keys.

However, the extender will function as if those initial values were set.

Then what makes TV to be the initial device?

unclemiltie wrote:
I'm not sure that I want to fix this since this will take extra space in the keymove that loads the extender and I doubt that the second part of the extender would fit anymore. The 9960 is very tight in lower EEPROM space.

I see.

unclemiltie wrote:
Finally, the keymove that loads the extender starts at $23. The keymove is in the form of:

key
km|dev(more below)
length of keymove
device
key value
FF terminator

the key is the hex key that you will need to push, this defaults to Power in the extender. Key values are in the spreadsheet that ships with the extender.

the KM|dev holds a flag that tells the remote that this is a keymove ($10) and the device index for the device that is to be used ($01 for TV) DVD is $03)

device is the setupcode for the device that loads the extender. You see this in the upgraded devices as the first device in the table. It's a small program that loads things up. Don't change this

key value is the hex value for the key that is passed. The data is insignificant.

So, the keymove that loads the extender by default would be:

$03, $11, $04, $1708, $0012

If you wanted the key to be OK on DVD it would be:

$27, $13, $04, $1708, $0012

Thanks.

Yesok
yesok

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: HT key processing for URC-9960B01 Reply with quote

Hello Bill,

Thanks for the patch.

unclemiltie wrote:
Below is a patch to the extender that will turn the HT key into just another device key.

If you change the $12 to $00 you will get your desired effect. I am considering making this a feature of the extender in an upcoming version, but until then you can use this patch.

With the patch, HT Device animation stops, but instead CD(the initial device) device is animated. Is this intended behaviour?

Yesok
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: