JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Any decent IR keyboards for 10ft range?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Herbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Any decent IR keyboards for 10ft range? Reply with quote

Hello all, I know this question has been asked before, but the answers are dated with respect to what's currently available and what really works. I need answers circa 2007...

I recently setup a PC in my media niche (rescued an old laptop) and set it up with the Solidtek ACK-581.

I chose the ACK-581 because I saw that there was an upgrade available here for the Solidtek stuff, (and it was cheap), but I'm really unhappy with the keyboard itself, so I'm looking for alternatives.

Something in the keyboard (or receiver) gets into a funny mode and the keyboard will not respond normally. The behavior varies, but after some study it seems that all the typed keys are acting as if the "CTRL" key is being held down. Holding it down doesn't reverse the behavior... Its a bit flaky in the 10ft range (misses every 10th keystroke or so), and when it gets into this funky mode, it does it no matter how close I am to the receiver. I'm guessing its receiver or windows side, since yanking the keyboard batteries doesn't fix anything but rebooting windows does...

In any case, I want to try another keyboard.

Is there anything else out there that really works that happens to be IR? (An existing upgrade for JP1 would be a plus). Or has everyone just gone to RF interfaces for wireless keyboards now? I would be fine with RF except that I'd like to retain JP1 compatibility to do a few simple things from the remote rather than having to get the keyboard for every operation...

Maybe I need both?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Keyboards All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: