JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-9910 does not accept upload
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doucetlaurier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:46 am    Post subject: URC-9910 does not accept upload Reply with quote

Hi

I am using IR 7.08 to modify some codes of my URC-9910. I was able to download from the remote and I copied the data from RM into a new device page of iR-7.08 and I assigned the new device code (1010) to the Rec/Amp that I want to replace with a new one. When I click on Upload to remote, everything seems to be working as expected: the red dot flashes and the display on the remote flashes and gets back to normal. However the old (1023)receiver code is still there and has not been replaced by the new one. I even deleted the old code from the device list.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: URC-9910 does not accept upload Reply with quote

doucetlaurier wrote:

What am I doing wrong?

1) When having problems you should always check to make sure you have the latest and greatest software. You should update IR and the RDFs.

2) Upload the files that you are having trouble into the diagnosis section with a link here so that we can take a look. There are a bunch of common problems that we can spot with a glance at an IR and RDMU files. Trying to diagnose problems without the files is a lot harder for everybody concerned.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
jeajea

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried new batteries?
doucetlaurier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: URC-9910 does not accept upload Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
1) When having problems you should always check to make sure you have the latest and greatest software. You should update IR and the RDFs.

2) Upload the files that you are having trouble into the diagnosis section with a link here so that we can take a look. There are a bunch of common problems that we can spot with a glance at an IR and RDMU files. Trying to diagnose problems without the files is a lot harder for everybody concerned.
Hi

Thanks for your reply. I think I have found my mistake. There was a long protocol file in RM that I had not copied into IR. I initially thought that the protocol was copied automatically when copying the Device Upgrade Code.

Thanks again
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: URC-9910 does not accept upload Reply with quote

doucetlaurier wrote:
Thanks for your reply. I think I have found my mistake. There was a long protocol file in RM that I had not copied into IR. I initially thought that the protocol was copied automatically when copying the Device Upgrade Code.
That's one of the common problems that I was talking about. I'm glad you found your solution. Smile

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: URC-9910 does not accept upload Reply with quote

doucetlaurier wrote:
I am using IR 7.08 to modify some codes of my URC-9910.

IR 7.08 is an *incredibly* old version of IR, the current version is 8.03. I would echo the recommendation that you download the current versions of IR and the RDFs, and for RM, the maps and images.
doucetlaurier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: URC-9910 does not accept upload Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
IR 7.08 is an *incredibly* old version of IR, the current version is 8.03. I would echo the recommendation that you download the current versions of IR and the RDFs, and for RM, the maps and images.

Thanks for the suggestion. I must admit that I don't visit the site very often. I did because I need a new upgrade for a new Onkyo receiver. I am trying to create the upgrade with RM but so far I have had no success even if I have all the right codes learned from the original remote. After uploading the newly created file to the remote it gets no response whatsoever from the Onkyo receiver. I'll keep working on it and hope to find out what I missed.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: URC-9910 does not accept upload Reply with quote

doucetlaurier wrote:
I am trying to create the upgrade with RM but so far I have had no success even if I have all the right codes learned from the original remote. After uploading the newly created file to the remote it gets no response whatsoever from the Onkyo receiver. I'll keep working on it and hope to find out what I missed.

If we could see the learns, and the RM file and the IR file that you have put together, we can test it to see what your upgrade is actually sending and compare it to the original learns.

After forgetting the protocol, one of the other most common errors is to not assign it properly to the device button, either by mistyping the number or selecting the wrong device type. IR 8.03 with the current RDF's will flag those errors in RED for most remotes, and also offers a code selector tool so you don't have to guess.

doucetlaurier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: URC-9910 does not accept upload Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
If we could see the learns, and the RM file and the IR file that you have put together, we can test it to see what your upgrade is actually sending and compare it to the original learns.

After forgetting the protocol, one of the other most common errors is to not assign it properly to the device button, either by mistyping the number or selecting the wrong device type. IR 8.03 with the current RDF's will flag those errors in RED for most remotes, and also offers a code selector tool so you don't have to guess.

I really appreciate your help and I thank you for taking the time to help me. I downloaded the latest software and I installed it. I am pleasantly surprised to have RM working under MAC OS X as I am primarily a Mac user. Too bad there does not seem to be an IR Mac version.

I will review all the data I have in my RM file and I will post them if I cannot find where I made mistakes. Could you explain which files I should upload if there need be.

Thanks
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: URC-9910 does not accept upload Reply with quote

doucetlaurier wrote:

I will review all the data I have in my RM file and I will post them if I cannot find where I made mistakes. Could you explain which files I should upload if there need be.

I'd like to see the IR file with the learns.
I'd like to see the RDMU file that you created from those learns.
I'd like to see the IR file with that is using your upgrade.

Lots of the things I'd look for are the things you'd be able to see.

Did you select the right remote in RM?
Did you transfer all the information from the learn to RM correctly? Lots of people do things like adding a 0 when a field was supposed to be blank...
Did you paste and assign the file correctly?

Then I'd check to make sure that the tools are working correctly.

If you were using an internal protocol, the next thing I'd do is check to make sure that RM gave you the upgrade with the correct parameters, since you were using old RDF's (we recently corrected 108 errors in the RDF's that would have.)

The next thing I'd do is shoot the learns and the signals from the upgrade at my Widget to make sure they look the same.

The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it's admirable that you want to try and find the problem yourself, I bet anyone of us could spot it in seconds because we've seen pretty much all the common mistakes before.

The files that we would want to see are...
1) The IR file(s) that contain your original learns
2) The RM file that you built using the learned data
3) The final IR file that contains the upgrade

Common mistakes include...
1) Not copying the protocol upgrade from RM to IR
2) Having the wrong remote selected in RM
3) Not assigning the new upgrade to a device button
4) Not entering the device codes in RM
5) Entering OBC codes as EFCs, or vice versa.
6) Not assigning functions to buttons in RM

It would also help if we knew the model number of your Onkyo audio receiver, because chances are good that we already have an upgrade file for it here in the file section.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: URC-9910 does not accept upload Reply with quote

doucetlaurier wrote:
I downloaded the latest software and I installed it. I am pleasantly surprised to have RM working under MAC OS X as I am primarily a Mac user. Too bad there does not seem to be an IR Mac version.

Then you will be interested in this thread.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
doucetlaurier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: URC-9910 does not accept upload Reply with quote

I'm afraid I did not save the learned signals file. As I did it in three different steps I only have the latest file with only 10 learned codes. Do you suggest I do the learning over again from the beginning?

Thanks
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: URC-9910 does not accept upload Reply with quote

doucetlaurier wrote:
I'm afraid I did not save the learned signals file. As I did it in three different steps I only have the latest file with only 10 learned codes. Do you suggest I do the learning over again from the beginning?

For a simple match, if its a known protocol and it REALLY is that protocol 10 will be enough. Sometimes the signal is just out of spec. Sometimes something decodes fine, but the OEM remote has a bit of a twist, such as a different frequency, or the OEM timings are not quite right.

Do the 10 learns operate the equipment?

Edit:
I just looked at Onkyo receivers and realized that most use a NEC combo, so if you didn't choose the Combo, you'll probably need to recheck all your learns.

Last edited by vickyg2003 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
doucetlaurier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: URC-9910 does not accept upload Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Do the 10 learns operate the equipment?

No, that's my problem: none of the learns operates the equipment, not even the power button. I know I have a problem somewhere but I can't spot it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: