JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need a way to repeat a macro
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone tried using the pause protocol to estimate a 1,2 or 3 minute or more fast forward?

What I am thinking for example is to put a pause protocol on say the CBL-Shift-Pause button with hex value of FF which is pretty long on some remotes. Then use that pause between a FF and a Play. The special protocols would look something like:

Code:

Device                
#   Button       Key           Type        Function   
1   CBL          Fwd           LKP(1)      [Short]:SHIFT-Fwd  [Long]:SHIFT-Fwd;SHIFT-Pause;SHIFT-Play      
2   CBL         SHIFT-Pause    Pause       Hex: $FF

You will need to experiment with the pause hex value to get the amount of time you want between the FF and the Play or repeat the pauses to get longer delays. But in the end you have a short press of the normal Fwd and then manually hit play to stop it or with a long press you get a timed Fwd and play automatically.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have certainly done it with my Sky+ box (it's a SAT/DVR box). This DVR has a variable speed FF that toggles up incrementally. 1 press =2x, 2=6x, 3=12x, and 4=30x.

In my 8910, using a max pause of FF and the Pause protocol from KM (not the one included with the extender), for a standard 1-minute jump forward, I use a macro:
FF,FF,FF,FF,Pause,Pause,Pause,Play

That gives me a 1-minute jump, but of course, if you turn the remote away during the running of the macro, it can miss the Play command and will continue on at 30x. And since the 8910 conveniently has a COM/SKIP button (only programmable if you use the extender) this is the perfect macro for it.

Of course, that does not address the issue being discussed here, that being a variable-length skip based upon the length of time a button is held down.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: