JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help with how to implement Long Key Press Power button

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhallerbach

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: Help with how to implement Long Key Press Power button Reply with quote

I have an extended URC6131, and am trying to set up the ability to Power up multiple devices (TV, PVR, Aud) when I invoke a long key press by pressing and holding down the Power button(no matter what device mode the remote is currently in); this was a feature built into the remote before the remote was extended. I have read all of the relevant info(longkeypress.txt as well as anything I could find on this site about it), and unfortunately still do not understand the steps within IR.exe to set this up. I am not sure whether its done as a keymove, or a macro, and because it isn't device specific, not sure how I am supposed to do it. I do know that the LKP feature is somehow tied to a Device TV 1106, but can't grasp how it all fits together.

Please help.
alkap

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with how to implement Long Key Press Power button Reply with quote

mhallerbach wrote:
I have an extended URC6131, and am trying to set up the ability to Power up multiple devices (TV, PVR, Aud) when I invoke a long key press by pressing and holding down the Power button(no matter what device mode the remote is currently in); this was a feature built into the remote before the remote was extended. I have read all of the relevant info(longkeypress.txt as well as anything I could find on this site about it), and unfortunately still do not understand the steps within IR.exe to set this up. I am not sure whether its done as a keymove, or a macro, and because it isn't device specific, not sure how I am supposed to do it. I do know that the LKP feature is somehow tied to a Device TV 1106, but can't grasp how it all fits together.

Please help.

I would like the answer to this question also.
Thanks
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure you want to power UP several devices by LKP of Power?
Assuming you are,
1. On the special protocols sheet, create a LKP keymove for any bound device. Let's say it's CBL. Then pick a button, such as phantom2. You can shift it. Let's say you use xshift.
2. Select LKP from the dropdown, give it time, ususally 2, 3 do the job well. LKP uses device TV 1106.
3. In the two little windows, from the drop down on the left, select keys to use
Short side: X_cancel, shift-power to be able to toggle. I assume you'd want that.
Long side: code in line or call your power up sequence (on, x_Cancel, X_TV, on, X_DVD_on, X_AUD, on ...) assuming you have discrete "on" codes. Use Toad togs if you do not. This should leave you in the mode you started with when you pressed the power button.
4. Then make a global macro, on the macros sheet, using this keymove. If the bound device was CBL, then here, just code Power = x_CBL, xshift-phantom2 which is the name of the key on which you built the LKP function.

The instructions to use these functions were written well before IR made the user interface to handle all this in a simpler way than you've read. Then, the LKPs were indeed built on the keymove sheet, because that's what they are. In the eeprom it all ends up being keymoves, but the UI helps building.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: