JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

8810w learning from 8060

View previous topic :: View next topic  
silron1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:27 am    Post subject: 8810w learning from 8060 Reply with quote

Any day now I hope to receive a URC 8810w from USA to enable me to try out 'extenders'.

I use a tv device, 'Normende' , for which I don't have an original remote.
No problem with 8060 (Europe) as it has a built-in OFA code (0287) which works reasonably well.

Do you think it will be possible to use the 8810 to learn from the 8060 to enable me to read TV2087 in IR?.

I know I can find out for myself when the new remote arrives but I would welcome the chance to have time to consider the possibilities in advance.

Ron Question
usblipitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: 8810w learning from 8060 Reply with quote

silron1 wrote:
Do you think it will be possible to use the 8810 to learn from the 8060 to enable me to read TV2087 in IR?
Ron,
Yes.
Happy Kwanza,
-Steve
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron,

I went ahead and created a device and protocol upgrade for TV_0287. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/3.%20Device%20Codes/TV/TV-0287-recs80.txt It uses one of the RECS80 variants. You will need to copy both the device and protocol upgrade into you 8810w once it arrives.
silron1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon - thank you

Another JP1 miracle - The doorbell just rang and my 8810w has arrived - I shall now retire for the remainder of the day whilst I play

Ron Very Happy
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: 8810w learning from 8060 Reply with quote

silron1 wrote:

No problem with 8060 (Europe) as it has a built-in OFA code (0287) which works reasonably well.

By "reasonably well" do you mean that only some of the functions are right, or do you mean that the TV responds unreliably?

I have several CCF files for TV's using RECS80 protocol, device 7. Some use RECS80(45) and some use RECS80(68), like TV/0247. If you had the wrong version of RECS80, the TV might just respond unreliably, rather than failing entirely (as would happen in most cases of choosing the wrong protocol). All the CCF files which have the same function number for power as TV/0247 are RECS80(68), so if the power function in TV/0247 works then RECS80(68) is probably correct.

Most of those CCF files have different command numbers for CH+ and uparrow and several other functions vs. what Jon posted. If you think you're missing functions from your TV, you should look at the CCF files yourself. Enough of the function names are unclear to me (since I only speak English and I don't have the TV itself) that I don't think I could summarize the functions in those CCF files for you. You should get the DecodeCCF program and look at them yourself. The ones I suggest are:

christians_ccf.zip

leigh-rankin_ccf.zip

stephan-schreiber_ccf.zip

thom-tv-55mps71.zip

gilles-willer_ccf.zip
silron1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John - as I said I am playing this afternoon and will let you know how I get on.

BTW - I also only speak English - born in London!!!Wink but have a working knowledge of French and as Normende I think is a product of Thompson probably the key names are in French

Ron
silron1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just completed programming the new 8810 - All my UK device upgrades work fine. It does learn from the Kameleon 8060 albeit a little reluctantly compared to an original remote.

Only small problem is with TV 0247, Normende TV. I used your offered file Jon but made different button assignments. I also used some of the commands gleaned from the CCF files from John.

Problem remaining is with the Ch+ and Ch-. I tried every Ch+ and Ch- code suggested in all the 5 files but none of them seem to work. Still searching.

I plan to use and get to feel comfortable with the 8810 over Christmas and then later I hope to try out the extender. Because I have added these Euro upgrades I seem to have used a lot of memory. I am showing 96 free in the Move/Macros and 369 free in the upgrade memory. Of course I have the full 1021 feee in the learns.
Will this be leaving me enough room to add the extender?

Happy Christmas and Best Wishes for the New Year to the Group.

Ron Very Happy
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron,

Since RESCS80 uses a 6-bit variable byte, there are only 64 possible commands and you have probably tried ~30 already (the known commands from TV_0287 that do something else and the ch+/- commands that didn't work), so it may be easier just to try all remaining OBC's.

There is a possibility that you get into a service mode, do a factory reset etc. So use that suggestion at your own risk Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: