JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IRToWav problem with Kameleon upgrade
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jnut

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alain, thanks (again!) for updating IRtoWav. The new version solves the error message, so we are definitely making progress! It successfully generates a wav file when run from either the command line or from Export To Wav in IR.EXE.

However, I still can't get the upgrade to work. The remote now accepts the full wav file, giving two flashes of the IR indicator to indicate success. But then things go wrong. The upgrade is supposed to contain a DVD device code 1069, but it won't let me select this number as a valid device code. The actual device code programmed onto my DVD button is now 0511, according to the code blink-out feature. This isn't listed in the handbook as one of the pre-programmed codes, so it must have come from the upload. But if I press any button on the remote while in DVD mode, it locks up with the IR indicator flashing continuously, and the only way to recover it is to pull the batteries out. Sad

I've uploaded all the relevant files here for diagnosis:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4166

The two wav files are generated from IR.EXE (Export To Wav -> Upgrades) and from the command line:
java IRToWav pace1069.txt 1021 F000 F0AB

(The address range is my best guess - appears to be the part of the memory image that contains the upgrade, but maybe I've got this wrong? The resulting wav file is a slightly different length than that generated by IR.EXE)

BTW the second half of both wav files sounds kinda "empty" to me, as if it's transmitting strings of 00's or FF's, even though there aren't any in the address range I specified... Maybe a clue in that?

J.
aberguerand
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a bug when exporting only part of the upgrade area (I had only tested a complete export). I think it is now corrected.
Can you please download the new corrected version of irtowav.class (same link as in my previous post) and let me know if it works.
jnut

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds promising but I'm now back to the unsupported version error that I was getting before...
aberguerand
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh, I cannot get it right.
New version compiled with Java 1.4 compatibility and uploaded at the usual place.
jnut

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks yet again for the update! It looks like it might work now...

However, while waiting for that update, I had a go at uploading a complete image to the remote using the previous version of IRToWav. But it's killed my remote!!! Sad

Now, in every device mode, the buttons are all mixed up... so e.g. volume up sends the Mute command, channel down sends Power, the number buttons are either out by 1 digit or swapped around, etc... It affects all device modes (each in different ways), so the remote is completely useless!

Have tried everything I can think of to restore it - uploading a fresh memory image with no device upgrades; re-setting all the device codes; deleting all learned functions... nothing works.

HELP!!! Crying or Very sad
aberguerand
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried performing a reset ?
- Press and hold the "Magic" key
- Press "OTHER"
- Press "980"

In case it does not help, there is an undocumented reset to factory defaults. It is performed like the reset above, but "981" has to be entered instead of 980. You will lose all your settings.

Could you please upload the wav file (entire image) that seems to have caused your troubles to the diagnosis area ? I would like to investigate how such problems can occur.
jnut

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I tried the 980 reset, no effect, I will try 981 this evening and will upload the wav and IR image that caused the problems.
jnut

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resetting the remote with Other/981 fixed it! Smile

And uploading an upgrade via the modem with IRToWav now works perfectly! Very Happy Nice work!

Here's the entire image that caused the screw-up, as requested.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4199

Thanks again,
J.
aberguerand
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J, glad you could revive your remote and sorry for the trouble my bad programming skills have caused you.
I have analysed to .wav file you have uploaded, and as far as I can tell, it has exactly the same contents as the .ir file you uploaded. Maybe the remote was was disturbed by your previous attempts at uploading corrupted partial images and the problem was only revealed after trying a full image.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: