JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

2 remote controls in 1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hummer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: 2 remote controls in 1 Reply with quote

hello all ,
i have 2 topfield receivers connected to my slingbox through a panasonic dvd recorder .

now i am using 2 remote controls one for the 2 receivers and the other for the dvd recorder .

and my problem is that every time i want to switch between the 2 remote controls i have to go through the setup wizard .

so my question is : is it possible to combine the important buttons in the 2 remote controls and then put them in 1 remote control (using remote master or any other program ) so i can control the 2 devices from one remote control ?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have enough buttons in the Slingplayer remote to cover everything that you need, then yes, you can do this by using the Device Combiner protocol.

As you're not a JP1 remote user, and you're making your first post, using the D/C is probably a bit more advanced than what you were expecting, so you may need some help with it.

To get any helpers started, could you please post links to the upgrades files that you are currently using.
hummer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the robman thanks alot ,
i am using topfield 5000 pvr :
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1530

and panasonic dmr e80h :
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=626
whompus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be wrong.
I think the D.C. protocol is not compatible with the sling remote.
Then again I am just recently getting into Device Combiner so hopefully I am wrong.
hummer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can i combine the buttons by using the urc-8910 learning remote control , and then use the jp1 cable to get the codes into my pc ?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with Slingbox upgrades is that there is a limit to how big the upgrade can be, and I forget what the limit is exactly. The problem with the D/C is two-fold, first you need a protocol upgrade, which uses up some of the space, and secondly, the buttons use 2-bytes each, which uses up alot more space.

I have created a D/C file that combines those 2 upgrades (and I had to convert the Topfield upgrade to a KM file first as I can't use RM during the day), which you can find here...

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2942

I have just assigned 5 buttons at this point, the volume keys go to the Topfield and the CH keys go to the Panasonic. Hopefully this is under the size limit, so try converting it to a bin file and give it a try. If it works, try adding more buttons, a few at a time, to see how many you can squeeze in before you trip the limit.
hummer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thankyou for your effort ,
but i am facing a problem which is when i open the device combiner file with remote master and then choose the slingbox remote control this message appears "the selected protocol "device combiner " is not compatible with the selected remote .this upgrade will not function correctly ,please choose a different protocol "
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't think why the D/C would be incompatible with the Slingbox, other than it's size.
whompus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is the size. The protocol alone is like almost 100.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: