JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Missing code with Sony Bravia KDL TV
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Busa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Missing code with Sony Bravia KDL TV Reply with quote

Hi,

Happy New Year Everybody! Very Happy

I use a URC-7541 since a long time with no problem.
Last week, I got a new Sony Bravia KDL-40U2000 TV (Very nice by the way... 8) )
I started to update my remote with the file Sony-KLV-S32A10-15-2117.txt found in the File Section.
The protocol is good but there is a lot of things to change...

Now, my protocol upgrade is almost done but there is some keys impossible to find even after a FULL MANUAL SCAN (I mean 255 magic code done manually! Confused )
How it is possible?
A have read that this protocol is based on sony 12 and sony 15 but I don't understand?
Can You explain me how to find the missing keys?

PS:
Here is my file
http://users.edpnet.be/busa/Sony_Bravia_KDL-40U2000.rmdu
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sony devices use a mix of device numbers, so I wouldn't expect you to be able to find all the functions by testing 256 EFC numbers.

The best place to look for Sony IR signal info is:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/sony/

If those don't work, or the signals you want aren't there, ask again with some more details.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I'm a newbie, so you might want to disregard this information, but I opened up the file Sony-KLV-S32A10-15-2117.txt
and in the notes I read that it was missing a few functions.

Missing functions
Return - Sony15, Dev151, EFC236
Sound Mode - Sony15, Dev151, EFC188

So to me that means that the upgrade probably isn't using the right combo protocol because it really has 3 devices instead of 2. I'd try the Sony 12/15/20 info and then add 151 as the third sub-device.

But to answer your other
Quote:
Now, my protocol upgrade is almost done but there is some keys impossible to find even after a FULL MANUAL SCAN (I mean 255 magic code done manually! )
How it is possible?

Its possible because there are 3 groups of codes numbering from 0-255.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used DecodeCCF on the file for a KDL-46V2000 at remotecentral.com...james-holdsworth_ccf2.zip

It includes commands from all the device codes listed on the page I suggested (in my first reply in this thread), devices 1, 3, 119, 151 and 164.

As Vicky suggested, the simplest way to mix all that in one upgrade is to switch from the Sony12/15 protocol you have selected to the SonyCombo12/15/20.

You don't want any Sony20 signals. You just want that protocol because it allows unlimited Sony12 and Sony15 device numbers, where the Sony12/15 protocol just allows two device numbers.

When using SonyCombo12/15/20 for this purpose:
1) Leave all the Sony20 subdevice info on the setup sheet blank.
2) For each signal on the functions sheet type in the Device number (1, 3, 119, 151 or 164) and the OBC. Let RM compute the EFC, Protocol and hex for you (and leave subdevice "none").

Note this approach generates a much bigger upgrade and depending on how keys are assigned may also use more KeyMove memory. If you run into memory limits, the same set of signals can be defined using the Sony12/15 protocol and helper upgrades and KeyMoves. That would use much less upgrade memory and maybe more or maybe less KeyMove memory.
Busa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok,

Following your instructions, I done this:

- Open my file in RemoteMaster
- Let setup code to 1000
- Change Protocol to SonyCombo(12/15/20)
- Let All Sony20 Subdev Blank
- Change nothing in the Functions Sheet. (Two new columns were created: Protocol and sub-device but all OBC seems to be good)
- In the Output sheet, copy the Device Upgrade Code and the Upgrade Protocol in IR

It works good but now, how can I do to find my missing codes?
If I do a full scan entering the 256 EFC manually, the codes will be send with witch device number?
How can I do to do a full scan with device number 1, then a full scan with device number 164, ...

Thanks you for helping a poor JP1 user... Wink
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busa wrote:

- Change nothing in the Functions Sheet. (Two new columns were created: Protocol and sub-device but all OBC seems to be good)

Unfortunately, RM fails to preserve the Device column when you convert from Sony12/15 to Sony12/15/20.

You need to put in all the device numbers.

Your original upgrade had 1 for the device number of every function except "Screen Mode", which was device number 164. The functions you didn't have yet probably have various device numbers as shown on that page I linked.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busa wrote:
It works good

Maybe you edited that while I was typing my reply above. Because I don't think you said that. Anyway ...

Busa wrote:

how can I do to find my missing codes?

I think your missing codess are listed in that web page I linked.

If any are missing from there, then they're probably included in that CCF file I mentioned (and can be extracted with DecodeCCF).

Busa wrote:

If I do a full scan entering the 256 EFC manually, the codes will be send with witch device number?

EFC numbers don't work right with the 12/15/20 protocol, so you can't do it that way.

Busa wrote:

How can I do to do a full scan with device number 1, then a full scan with device number 164,

Since you tried all 256 EFC numbers with your first upgrade, you already tested all of those (though with 1 and 164 mixed together). I think you missed seeing/understand the results for a few of those, but other codes you missed are the other three device numbers.

You really should try the sources I suggested above before scanning through numbers, especially since there are five device numbers, each of which has 128 OBC numbers. But if you want to test lots of codes you can either:
A) Make several upgrades, each of which defines a bunch of codes. Then test the buttons of each upgrade.
B) Make a Sony12/15 upgrade for a pair of device numbers and in that test all 256 EFC numbers.
Busa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot!

Using decodeccf with your linked file, I found almost every codes I need.
The only two missing codes are discrete for AV5 - PC and AV6 - HDMI.
I will search with one of your method.

Thanks again!

Busa
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you find any Sony codes that are not listed on the Sony site, please send them to Rob Humphreys so he can add them. His email address is rhm5757 (at) gmail.com
Busa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm very very disappointed! Crying or Very sad

After a full scan of 128 OCB codes in each of the five device code (1, 3, 119, 151, 164), I'm unable to find the two last code.(AV5 & AV6)

I now that these codes are discrete but it's almost impossible that the discreate code for AV1, AV2, AV3 and AV4 works while AV5 and AV6 don't work!!!

Furthermore, I need AV6 (HDMI) to do a macro that swith my amp and my TV AV simulteanously.

What can I do? A scan with another device number? Mailing Mr Sony?

Please help!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sony doesn't tend to use different OBCs for the same function in different models of the same device. The KM file for the KLV-S32A10 that you found clearly lists the codes for AV5 and AV6, and these codes match the ones listed on the Sony site (ie, OBCs 72 and 73 under device code 1).

If you tried these codes on your set and they don't work, the implication is that your set simply doesn't support discrete codes for these two inputs. This is not unusual for Sony, for some reason there is a delay in them adding discrete code support for inputs.

Regarding your macro needs, the workaround is simple, have the macro select AV4 using the discrete code that works and then use 1 or 2 presses of the TV/VCR button to toggle to AV5 or AV6 as needed.
Busa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Yeah !!! Reply with quote

Hi,

I found today one of the missing discreate code that I really need.

Sony Bravia KDL-40U2000:
The discreate code for AV6 (HDMI) is
Sony 12/15 ; Device 26 ; OBC 90

I hope that it can help someone...

Busa
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done, we don't even have device code 26 documented. How did you find it? And if you're willing, you should do a complete 128 code scan of device code 26 to see if there's anything else hidden there, like AV5 perhaps.
negeland

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to a very good RM upgrade file for Sony Bravia KDL TV's.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6161
Mr Mod

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Well done, we don't even have device code 26 documented. How did you find it? And if you're willing, you should do a complete 128 code scan of device code 26 to see if there's anything else hidden there, like AV5 perhaps.

I posted these some time back on remote central, but i think i forgot to forward to Rob with all the codes i sent hime a few months back.

26.90 HDMI - 1
26.91 HDMI - 2
26.92 HDMI - 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: