JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I am very new
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A macro is just a series of key presses, the same as you would do yourself to accomplish the desired function. To toggle the power on the TV you would press 2 buttons: the TV device button and then the Power button, so the macro is: DEV_TV, Power. For the DVD player it would be DEV_TV, Power and so on. Depending on which remote you have and whether you are running the extender or not, the actual name of the button may be something other than what I showed above - that is, the name of the device TV button may or may not be DEV_TV in your case.
kupakai

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to make sure I understand what you want to do. From reading the previous post, it seems like you want the power button to be programmed with a macro to turn on and off all the devices. In order to accomplish that, someone suggested to you, as an example, to add power on for each device to M1 and power off to M2, so that Power button can be programmed with the macro to power on or off all the devices.
If that's correct, I'll make a suggestion later, but to accomplish what you had described:

1. find the EFC or HEX command for the power command for each of the device. If you used an upgrade file, you can find it there using KM or RM. If you used a built in code, you may be able to find it advanced code list.

2. in IR, for each of the device, add a keymove so that "Bound Key: Device" is the device you are adding, "Key" is M1, under "Device:" double click on the device you are adding so that the "Device Type" and "Setup Code" gets filled automatically, and add the EFC or HEX command for power. For example, for cable, it would be Device="CBL", Key="M1", double click on row 3 for cable, and fill in the EFC. If you used an upgrade file for any of the devices, you can actually reassign the key from KM or RM and save on the Keymove for those devices.

3. go to "Macro" tab and add a macro. "Key" should be "Power", then in "Available Keys" add the keys you would press to turn on or off all the devices. For example, if you have TV, CBL, and DVD, you would add, in this order: "TV", "M1", "CBL", "M1", "DVD", "M1".

4. upload to remote.

Now, the problem with this, as Capn Trips tried to explain above, is that some of the devices might not catch the remote signal all the time, and will be out of sync, since the power command is a toggle, and you have to fix it manually. Some times some devices have separate command for on and off, and you can program a macro that just sends off commands and another for just on commands. Another issue is that you may not want to take up a readily accessible button like M1 with command you may only use for macro. You can assign the commands you will only use in macros or rarely used to shifted button, or phantom buttons. Phantom buttons are buttons that the remote thinks exists but there is no physical button for it. URC-8910 has three and you can see them in RM, under "Layout" tab, below the picture of the remote, there are three buttons.

There's probably better ways to do what you want, and it would be lot easier to help if you mention what equipment you are using, the device codes that you have put in to the remote for each of the equipment, and what upgrade files you are using. Also upload the IR file you have to this section:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=35
and copy and paste the link to your file in a post here so people can click and download it to look at it.
nikeman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i just uploaded my IR file but i do not see it in there. I put the wrong one at first but i named the right one remotetest... As of right now the power button turns off all the devises but when i go to turn them all back on the tv does not turn on but the other 2 do.. Is it possible that the tv has a different code to turn on then to turn off??
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4099

the link above links to the correct IR file.. If my TV has 2 seperate power codes then how would I make this work??
kupakai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try 079 for the TV's power instead of 109 (109 is power off and 113 is power on, and 079 is power toggle for Sony code 0000). Alternatively, if you can find discrete power on and off for the other devices, you can set one key (ie "Power") to power on for all and another key (ie shift-power) for power off for all.
nikeman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply, i will give that a try next time i am over there. You guys have been great with all of your advice and patience. Thanks again everyone who helped me..

One more minor annoyance i am noticing with this is when I tuen on the 3 devices with the macros it turns the DVD player to DVD mode instead of Digital In. This means i have to switch it to Digital In everytime i turn everything on so i can hear the TV... Any fix for this?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikeman wrote:
One more minor annoyance i am noticing with this is when I tuen on the 3 devices with the macros it turns the DVD player to DVD mode instead of Digital In. This means i have to switch it to Digital In everytime i turn everything on so i can hear the TV... Any fix for this?

Add the "switch to digital" button to the end of the macro, perhaps?
nikeman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
nikeman wrote:

Add the "switch to digital" button to the end of the macro, perhaps?

ok, to get back to Digital In i have to push DVD and then TV/Vid on the remote. I added that to the macro along with Home Theater and it turns everything on and off and on and switches to Home Theater mode but the TV/Vid button didnt function so it was still on DVD mode which means you have to still push DVD and TV/Vid manually everytime you turn the tv and stuff on... I think it is because it takes the DVD player a couple seconds to turn on and Scrolls Welcome or something before you can change the mode or anything on it.... Any tips on this?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't follow al that, so it's hard to say what steps you need.
nikeman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I didn't follow al that, so it's hard to say what steps you need.

ok,

My DVD player is actually the home theater system with a built in DVD 5-disk player. For the tv sound to come out of the speakers the home theater has to be set to Digital In mode but when i turn everything on it turns the home theater box to DVD mode. Also, since it takes a second to scroll the words and everything when it is first turned on i cant get the macro to work at turning it back to Digital In.. Its hard to explain. Basically i need a way to delay the macro when it goes to push the TV/Vid button to turn it back to Digital In. I tried making the DVD player to turn on first and then set it to turn it to Digital In at the end (after the TV and Cable Box are turned on) but its still not long enough of a delay... Does that make sence?? It would work great now if it wernt for the stupid scrolling text on the home theater box..
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this...

1) Assign setup code VCR/0037 to the VCR button.
2) Keymove copy the RECORD button from VCR mode to TV mode
3) Try using the TV/RECORD button as a delay in your macros

Here's how you do step 2:

1) press and hold SETUP, 2 flashes
2) Type 994, 2 flashes
3) Press VCR, RECORD, TV, RECORD, 2 flashes
nikeman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what are the 2 flashes?? I am currently using the TV mode also, does that matter?
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikeman wrote:
what are the 2 flashes??
That's 2 flashes of the LED on the remote.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikeman wrote:
what are the 2 flashes?? I am currently using the TV mode also, does that matter?

My bad, I forgot that you're using a URC-8910, which is an LCD remote and doesn't use 9xx commands. As this is an LCD remote, it's easier to do the keymove using IR.exe.

In IR.exe, go to the Keymoves tab and click the ADD button.

In the pop-up screen, make the following entries...

Device = TV
Key = Record
Device Type: VCR
Setup Code: 0037
EFC/Hex Cmd: 123 (with EFC radio button selected)

Then in your macros, use "TV, Record" whenever you need a delay.

[Note: for anyone that's curious, it doesn't matter what EFC you use here, I selected 123 totally at random].
nikeman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried what you said with the TV record and it still did not work. I then put tv record twice and it worked but the DVD player would always be on so it didnt work really... I am stumped again..
kupakai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, now everything works when you turn on the system, including switching to digital in, but when to press power again, all turns off except the DVD player? Is it turning off and then on again, or just not reacting? Again, it might be helpful if you uploaded the IR file. You can probably replace the first one in the upload area, or erase it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: